Today is July 22nd

RodneyRodriguez

29LL

I'll sum that up with a KISS MY A**.I have put my time in promoting this track,I have done promotions on my own spent my own money

and have enjoyed doing so.But if THR just wants to run Legaceys and

Minicup cars maybe they should include some of the other classes in their schedules.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think instead of complaining they should tell Chuck Thank You for getting the Media out to the track. Period

We all know how hard that is to do.

So Chuck, Don't go gettin a big head or anything but you get an E for effort.

You done good.

I saw the clip on channel 8 at 10:21.

Looked like the TV guy was having fun in the car. If they keep running that for a few days, people will see it. And that I think is what you call FREE advertising.

And I think a press conference is for the "Press".

Let me start off by saying I dont race in a weekly series nor do I really want to. However, The two classes that are mentioned have the highest car count. I say its a good thing for them. When you have 10-15 cars on any given night that are capable of winning the race it makes some excellent racing. Now as far as the late models are concerned. They have been the feature spot at that track for the last few spectaculars. To me it just makes better business sense when you have that many cars racing on your track. They bring in more fans in the front gates and more cars and crews in the back gate.

That is the problem with THR.

Think small be small.....

It will never change........

By the way.

I never thought it was right to leave any class out of the Stock car spectacular.

I voiced my disappoval every year that street stock was left out.

Now I am wrong to point out that LM is left out.

Good luck with the Show.

As i said in many previous posts.. Things at THR are getting better.. Chuck, Nick, Brian, Jim... haver really been working their (Old) i mean young butts off.. I think nicks been dropping some #'s... maybe its been some of those famous but chew's.. who knows..

Sometimes the cards are not in your favor.. not every class can race.. and i would just count the blessings that there is a 2nd post season event.... *(And i certainly believe that the Street Stocks are due their time in the spotlight) at the same time Hobby's have given us some AWESOME show's Side by side.. for laps on end... the finishes... I know that there are some other potential classes.. I think Chuck said 1 or 2 classes...

I want to turn this around a little LM's..... i know some of you don't run with TSRS.. but here is an op for you to really have some fun and not worry about tearin up you good stuff.. ENDURO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! Kathy may hate scoring these but they are Great to watch.. *(Like Tennis in person.. look left look right.. crude.. look over there.... ) Have any of you ever drove one???? you want laps.. how about 200 of those.. Can you make it on one stop??? don't know... but hey.. there is some serious lap count... The rules are not out yet... but i am sure that Brian and Jim want to have a HUGE turnout..... you have advance notice.. and maybe.. put down the LM.. and pick up a Enduro... Have some real short track fun... Bet your even more tired then after a 75 lap LM race...

P.S. I personally know that Chuck, Brian, Jim, Greg, and myself.. are working towards making these races, "worth while" when it comes to $$... Its all about finding SPONSOR"S>>> and with the news running any sort of story.. it helps..

and News8.. they may sound like a joke.. but think every TV in the airport here in Austin is turned to News8... think about the people that are in that place!!!!!

You know who I see on here complaining about this the most, is a guy that is not even running at THR on a weekly basis or with TSRS at all this year ,and two guys that don't even have race cars to drive.

Man stop complaining. All THR is trying to put on some good racing.

It's a no win situation for us with some of you. You complain if we don't do something and then you complain if we do.

You wanted a wider track - you got it and then some had the nerve to complain about it. Brian and Jim spent big bucks to pave the enterance road and some had the nerve to complain about how come they didn't pave it all the way to the pits.

I think Mary Ann said it best this week when some started complaining about the way she ran HER race series this past weekend.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Something along those lines.

Give the tracks and series a break. They are doing the best they can with the money they have.

If you think you can do a better job go build your own dang race track and run it and see how well you do.

And just for the record all of the THR late model drivers know that they are welcome to go run with TSRS. (That's why they are given the night off) And all the TSRS drivers are welcome to come run with THR when they are not racing.

Kathy you are right..

I am not one of the tracks pets , so do not listen to me.

I can not afford to race every week, but when I have a cent in my pocket I spend it at THR. I do not race a car but I own one. It cost me over $15000. a year to race a car at THR. I do not matter?

I go to the pits every week that I am not racing to help others in the pits with their cars, but do not listen to me because I do not count???

Why does what you have to say matter more than what I have to say?

I will not be back to THR unless TSRS is racing........... Obviously it does not matter anyway what is one less person.

Victory Lane

Victory Lane,

Don't go away mad!

Your time would be better spent trying to find a sponsor than bitching on this board...the only thing bitchin on here does is get people pissed off. What do you expect? Suggestions are fine, but the constant complaining no matter what the subject is tiresome.

Kathy my point to all this was don't tell people you have a BIG announcement,call a

press conference,make people wait 2 weeks,and then just extend the racing another

week.The street stock guys are very deserving to have another race scheduled,I don't

think they should have been left off the schedule in the past.If this is all the BIG

announcement was I am very dissapointed in THR.You can only cry wolf so many times before people quit listening.

Bryan,

I know you come out to the track even when your car is not racing to help others.

Charles,

Well I guess we just disagree on this one. It was a big announcement to have another post season race. Making you wait I guess is to try and build the excitement. You think the TV people are gonna put the story's out right that minute. No. They have other stuff to put out too. Im sure once they get it all cut and copied they they want more will come out on TV. And how do you know Chuck is still not working on this to get more out.

Man!

Now, Im not trying to make anybody mad, but was it not you and Bryan that said you not be back to THR after they said they would not have TSRS back? And look who came back. So, Charles as you stated you can only cry wolf so many times before people stop listening.

I came back out to THR because of all the changes that Brian & Jim have made.I still

believe that it was a bad move on their part not to run TSRS,but THR made alot of changes and I had some friends that asked me to come out and help.I figured I could

atleast make an effort to come out.Why is it so big to have another night of racing

with all the rainouts THR had this year the racing season should have been extended

anyway.JMO

YOU:

You know who I see on here complaining about this the most, is a guy that is not even running at THR on a weekly basis

THE CAR YOUR RUNNING OFF:

I will not be back to THR unless TSRS is racing........... Obviously it does not matter anyway what is one less person.

Kathy I had the misfortune of a motor breaking,but I have still been out at the track helping someone most of the year.If our car was running we would be at the track racing.Maybe next year I will be able to run most of the season,but right now I can't.

I guess what your saying Kathy is I have to run every week for my opinion to matter.

See you next year and good luck to all the classes running at THR the rest of the year.

Charles I am not the track but I would like to invite you out for hopefully a fun field night of racing at THR..hehehehe But you will not get very far with Nick or the officials your just another person not showing up so it is like you were never there and so you will not be missed per them. BUT one thing you are doing is hurting your fellow racers. We love your presence and help that you give not to one person or team but to anybody that needs it you are there. I have your ticket at the gate I will pay for your way in if you would like to join. I dont want you in my pits ( since I am the trouble maker of THR ) I dont need another one in my pits...lol ( LET ME SAY THIS I AM JUST JOKING SO NOBODY GET THERE PANTIES UP THERE BUT)))))) Chuck let me know I have your ticket.

Jay

Archived