Attention Truck Teams

Most of you have seen the other post were Gerald thinks he can beat me in a race at HMP in the trucks. Well any of you that know me, know I don't really back down from a challenge and you same people also know that Gerald isn't going to stop running his mouth until I beat him on the race track.

So what we have come up with is this. We would like at least 12 trucks,(6 experienced racers not racing trucks and 6 ex racers, crew members, track promoters, car owners or OLD FAT BALD Guys!) we are trying to put together a Fun event where all proceeds go to charity. If more than 12 enteries sweet the more trucks the more fun we will all have!

Here's how you enter. The driver or team is to put your entry money in a envolope with your truck #, owner and drivers name on it: DO NOT put how much you are paying to enter. The highest bidder will start on the pole, 2nd highest outside and so on. The silent auction style entry fee is key to making this profitable for the charities, dont tell anyone just post your entry for what you feel will be the pole position! Also during the events fan meet and greet autograph session each truck that is being used in this event will have a pledge box by it so the fans can pledge money for their favorite driver. We would like to maybe get 3 or 4 different charities that our participants could race for.

First we need to get a list of truck teams that would be willing to donate their race truck for this event. I can tell you this. Each team that donates a truck will get, a 25.00 gas card, and a paid pit pass to HMP for this event. We are working with other company's to get you guys other things for your rides to help with the expense of putting your truck on the racetrack.

Let us know of any ideas you may have to help make this event fun and help raise money for your charity.

You can contact us via email: JCU52@sbcglobal.net or GBoyd999@yahoo.com

Drivers/Teams wanting to enter:

#76 Lynn Hardy - Driver Sonny Hunt

#81 Daniel Sweeney -Driver Gerald Boyd

#42 Jason Marshall - Driver David Umscheid

#66 Jon Garrett - Driver J.C Umscheid

#8.5 Jim Nides - Driver Raymond Delahoussay

#96 Rick Pallaro - Driver John Heil

#28 Kevin Wiseman - Driver Jason Boyd

#72 Brent Bell - Driver Steve Green

#05 Robert Carson - Driver Mason Mitchell

Looking for Rides:

Zak Hausler (current pro modified points leader 2010 legends pro national champ)

Howard Willis (multiple dirt modified championships)

David Lewien (long time truck racer)

Graham Baker (HMP owner/promoter. This mans gives us a place to race!)

Jack Sandefur (HMP and THR head tech man)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see the 99 in this thing, but I just can't commit unless Cary is behind the wheel. I hope nobody takes that the wrong way. I just don't want anyone to end up in the situation where there is a torn up truck and somebody else has to fix it. If you guys end up removing the stipulation that the experienced drivers can't be current truck drivers, you can count us in.

I'd like to see the 99 in this thing, but I just can't commit unless Cary is behind the wheel. I hope nobody takes that the wrong way. I just don't want anyone to end up in the situation where there is a torn up truck and somebody else has to fix it. If you guys end up removing the stipulation that the experienced drivers can't be current truck drivers, you can count us in.

Why dont you or Gunnar drive it? Let Cary work on it and sweat all day and Spot!!!!!!

Because we would like to have a shot at winning it :lol:

No offense to Gunnar, but I bet he'd say the same thing. Surely somebody the likes if you wouldn't be afraid to race against Cary in his own equipment? :D;)

As stated before I dont back down from challanges!!! Is this a challange? :P Id love to race outside of him in a truck! But we are trying to do this so we can say that none of these racers race in the trucks and its all going to charity. This all started with it just going to be me a Gerald or actually me lapping Gerald during a friday night practice session, but I honestly think this can be an annual event!

JC

Because we would like to have a shot at winning it :lol:

No offense to Gunnar, but I bet he'd say the same thing. Surely somebody the likes if you wouldn't be afraid to race against Cary in his own equipment? :D;)

As stated before I dont back down from challanges!!! Is this a challange? :P Id love to race outside of him in a truck! But we are trying to do this so we can say that none of these racers race in the trucks and its all going to charity. This all started with it just going to be me a Gerald or actually me lapping Gerald during a friday night practice session, but I honestly think this can be an annual event!

JC

I was just messin with ya JC. I do understand the thinking on this deal, and I like the ideas you guys have put together. Hope it's a huge success.

I would love to be involved but not sure if I would qualify. I have never raced in a truck as of now but I plan on racing the final 3 races at THR and 2 races at HMP before the season is over. Let me know if I can or can not race in it seems like it will be a really cool event and I am all about supporting charities.

Jeff O'Neill

#51 NASCAR Pro Truck

I want to be the guy who calls the race from the tower... You know, I'll become Sarah Mandabach for the event. I accept bribes... LOL

Nick

You will have to wear the glitter if you are taking Sarah's position. Lmao! :lol:

John

Apparently you have not seen him in his wrestling outfit from "back in the day". Glitter would be nothing to him.

JC

I think what you are doing is GREAT. I wont be able to attend the race and Im sure no one would let an old fat one legged man drive their truck so is there an address I can send a few buck to help the cause?

JC

I think what you are doing is GREAT. I wont be able to attend the race and Im sure no one would let an old fat one legged man drive their truck so is there an address I can send a few buck to help the cause?

Thanks for the support PAPA. As soon as we get all the loose end tied together on this deal I will let you know where to send but im gonna say the man that will be holding all entry fee(qualifying) money is going to John Mandabach so that would probably be a good place to send it. again thanks for your support.

Wiseman can I add you truck to the entry list?

J.C Umscheid

Here's an idea, how bout each racer choose a charity of their choice to represent. He or she who wins gets to donate the entire amount to that specific charity. Or at least something to that extent.

This is something we are trying to figure out. We have many options and routes we can go with this. Everyone's advice is greatly appreciated.

Ready to enter yet? Whos your driver?

Thanks

J.C Umscheid

Archived