Titty Babies

Hansen99

Nothing to do with this issue but going to the people who can do something does not always work at all tracks.So whats left is air your complaints or stay home.If enough stay home some promoters ask "where are all the cars ". I personally think this is exactly where problems should be discussed but in a civil manner. JMO.Many issues have been settled right here on this forum,and without the witch hunt.Now I butt out. Thanks

And what makes you think that this epoxy issue, and literally hundreds of other issues, have not been discussed here in a civilized, non-bashing way?

Issues that impact racing overall? You bet. "Bad" calls? Nope. Discussions about the best way to address the many problems that face local stock car racing? You bet. Bitching about tracks and their staff? Nope.

Now, is there a clear-cut line between constructive, effective discussion and someone getting on a soapbox and screaming bloody murder? Well, sometimes yes and sometimes no. But I try to draw the line as best I can and let the chips fall where they may.

Nick

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about just check carbs before the race and after? That gives them time to correct issues and wont be no stink about it? Sounds like a plan to me.

good idea!

Yeah! Great idea. Then people would have 2 twice the opportunity to complain about tech.

Why would anyone complain when you are given a chance to correct a carb issue before the race when checked? Everyone wins! Check carb and weight before the race and go straight to the line up to go on the track so that way if there is an issue, it will be on the driver and car owner and you would have time to fix the issue before the race but have to start in the rear of the field. Simple as that. Some tracks do this and have been.

How about just check carbs before the race and after? That gives them time to correct issues and wont be no stink about it? Sounds like a plan to me.

Pre- and post-race inspections of key components - like a carb - are logistically difficult at a short track that are already asking a whole lot from their few paid staff and volunteers.

Nick

Why would anyone complain when you are given a chance to correct a carb issue before the race when checked? Everyone wins! Check carb and weight before the race and go straight to the line up to go on the track so that way if there is an issue, it will be on the driver and car owner and you would have time to fix the issue before the race but have to start in the rear of the field. Simple as that. Some tracks do this and have been.

If it was something as obvious as epoxy on the booster it would seem that people would be able to determine if there is or is not epoxy on the boosters on their own. If it was more detailed then that, the carbs would have to be taken off twice to be thoroughly checked, because everyone knows that if it passed tech before the race it has to pass after...... right? Just see the argument made by so many

Racer- “it passed before, why not now” Tech official- “well it says in the rules xxxxxxx and you have xxxxx problem” Racer “ well you didn't catch it before the race, why now?”

Problem is almost always “tech” problem. Never “I messed up!” or I got caught.

Pre- and post-race inspections of key components - like a carb - are logistically difficult at a short track that are already asking a whole lot from their few paid staff and volunteers.

Nick

Well im sure if the officials get a chance to do this, it would make their jobs easier than getting yelled at by everyone cause "it was never checked before". Regardless of what they get paid. Or it could just continue with all the screaming and burning off in the pits. Its just an idea that could solve issues and drivers and owners cant point fingers at officials on this issue and make their job a little easier.

Well has every thing setteled down? ? ? Are we ready for another weekend ? ? ? hopefully all the drama is over ! ! ! But I was really wondering about all the cars that were put up for sale on sunday if they were gonna race this weekend I sure would hate to see so many cars stay home after one of the best L/M races of the season ! ! ! well good luck to the ones who do race and I hope all race teams act like a man when you get a DQ Quit acting like dam babies when you do get a DQ I have been DQed a couple time one of them being the first feature race I ever WON for something Ive had on the car for a whole season hell I just laughed and took them off (guide plates ) and I also been DQ ed for 0.01% for a second place I cannot Afford to race I save money scrap cans and make cuts where I have to so that I can My point being is wheather your a late model ,Thunder stock or a mini stock we all make sacrifices to be at that track So lets have fun and leave the drama at Home that aint saying we cant talk shit cause I am probaply at the top about talking shit that lets just make it all in fun. And if anybody reading this dont like me or my opinions YOU CAN [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/13/2011] and come visit me in my pit stall THE RED AND BLACK 99 Thunder Stock

They were illigal the wole time and I knew it. . . . I am not saying the people that got DQed dont have a a bitch or a genune complaint but for one take it thru the proper chanels.. . . As for the posts on here they should be for informative reasons not track bashing and or bad mouthing any one Chips what the hell are you talking about ? ? ?

Hansen in your own words you agree that these racers are owed answers but when they can't get them from the track they come on here asking for help from there freindly racer. They are labeled as bashers by those same racers so they chose to get out because it's no longer fun and then they are called Titty Babies. If we are to be considered a racing family mabe we should talk about the meaning of the word family.

Hansen in your own words you agree that these racers are owed answers but when they can't get them from the track they come on here asking for help from there freindly racer. They are labeled as bashers by those same racers so they chose to get out because it's no longer fun and then they are called Titty Babies. If we are to be considered a racing family mabe we should talk about the meaning of the word family.

Yes, Mr. Hansen has a way with words....LOL. You should have attended the last suspension seminar in Kyle where Mr. Hansen was a prominent participant. Kept us in stitches most of the evening with is rather colorful, but good-hearted, comments. I'll forgive Mr. Hansen for the titty babies comment if you will.

Yes, sometimes we don't get the response we had hoped for from the "powers that be" at a track, so we are tempted to harness the "power of the press" to force the track to respond in public. Responsible track owners/promoters and responsible series operators are not willing to get into public debates to defend their decisions, rules, calls, etc. Frankly, if you were running a track or series you wouldn't either for a lot of very good reasons.

And although some on here feel that Lone Star Speedzone should be the place to air their complaints, force changes, garner support for their particular bitch, etc, I have taken a firm stand against that use of the LSS forums. That is my decision and has cost me more than you can imagine.

I will say it again. If someone has a personal complaint, bitch, ax to grind, etc, take it to the track officials. If the track offcials don't respond in the way you had hoped, don't expect LSS to become your soapbox.

Nick

Nick,

Don't you think tho that this forum worked as it should to resolve an issue at a track.

The way I interpreted the epoxy threads was:

1. Racers had carbs with epoxied boosters

2. The rules had been interpreted by racers and carb builders that epoxied boosters were legal

3. Track tech had either not tech'ed boosters or had been passing the epoxied ones all year

4. Track chose to tech boosters after a recent race and determined epoxied boosters were illegal

5. Several cars were DQ'd/TI'd

6. Drivers/owners complained to track (Promoter & tech) and were rebuffed

7. Various threads were started on LSZ - not bashing, but asking technical questions and/or questioning the track decision

8. Track revisited epoxy issue and decided:

a. DQ's/TI's would stand

b. future tech inspections will allow epoxied boosters

9. Some racers didn't like that and have chosen to park or sell their cars

The way I see it, the forum worked as it should and because of your monitoring it did not detoriate into bashing.

You (the LSZ reader) can make up your own mind as to the validity of the arguments and the fairness of the track and racer's decisions.

Hopefully time will settle all this stuff down.

Otherwise we will have to open the Thunderhill Raceway Pig Farm in order to have enough teats to go around for all those damn titty babies.............

Well, as funny as this tread has been, I don't feel that the majority of racers are in this category, although this has been two of the hardest weeks in my racing career! The most disturbing part is how it has "behind the scenes" affected the state of racing in Texas, yes, I'm talking about the readers that are our racefans on LSS, facebooks, twitter, all the public forums. They are the ones that send personal emails, text and PM's on facebook with their concerns about their local racetrack that they have come to love and their favorite racecar Drivers and Teams. Hard to respond back to them in a positive manner when there is such negativity going on.

Recently I was honored to meet Roy Spence the man on the cover of the new Austin magazine ATX/MAN, his story in the first issue is amazing, today I sat down to read something positive and there was some of his philosophy of life;

Choices You Make in Life:

You become what you seek...

If you seek enemies, they will find you.

If you seek hate, it will bring you down.

If you seek gossip, it will consume you.

If you seek fear, it will follow you all your life.

Or

If you seek friends, you will be befriended.

If you seek love, it will lift you up.

If you seek the truth, it will set you free.

If you seek hope, it will lead you to higher ground.

If you are not searching enemies, hate, gossip or fear, but you are surrounding yourself with those that are, you are only as good as the ones you surround yourself with. This is "our" playground and we must either decide to come play or walk away, I hope each of you riding the fence chooses to come play! Each race is a new race, we put the last one behind us and move forward, hopefully all learning from the last and I mean all of us!

We have been listening and we are trying as hard as we can to make this your NASCAR home track, with the hopes of good, clean family fun. Looking forward to seeing each of you at the races!

Hugs,

Mary Ann

Both Bobby Hansen and Mary Ann are saying the same thing, although in very different ways and from very different perspectives. And I echo both their sentiments. Getting all negative in public and expressing righteous indignation over calls, DQ's etc, does no one any good. It tends to paint Texas racers as a bunch of crybabies and gives readers the false impression that racing is a negative sport filled with unfairness and favoritism.

Most of you grew up with the internet, but in the old days racers used to go to each others' race shops during the week and bitch and moan and swear they're gonna park their cars until they get their way. It was a good way to let off steam in private. I gotta admit that I did the same thing back when. But by the end of the week we were all loaded up and headed to the track with high hopes for a good finish. The big difference is that we did our bitching in private, whereas today anyone with a computer can watch us make fools of ourselves.

It's probably time to shut this thread down, but I'm kinda hoping it sinks to the bottom of the page peacefully now that everyone has had their say.

Many thanks to the vast majority of our members who did not join in the bash fest or who posted positive sentiments in this thread.

Nick

LEAVE IT TO PAPA TO GET US EXCITED ABOULT RACEN AGAIN NICE GENERATOR ......SHE AINT BAD EITHER ...BUT WHOS REALLY LOOKING ...

Mike, Help. I looked at that picture again and again and would you please tell me "W|HAT GENERATOR??" :P

I dont believe in all this talk about carbs! I ran a little rochester 2 barrel carb against 4 barrel Q-jets in the grand stock class and they didnt beat the crap out of me! Heck I passed most of them! I now run a 4412 on dirt against holley 650 4 barrels and I pass and beat most of them too! What is the big deal about carbs???????? I dont want to hear all this scientific bullshit talk about glue and a bigger hole here and a f'in plug there! Tune your damn motor and suspension and go race and have fun! If you dont like the rules then go somewhere else where the rules are more open! Mr. & Mrs. Naumann run a GREAT race track and have a awesome facility! I would have loved to race my super stock there but to a body rule I couldnt! Yea, that sucks but instead of posting negitive crap i went to where it was legal! Keep Racing Yall!

Archived