Helmet Speakers

Ford27

Fellow ProTruck racer Legfixr has the RH2 speakers in his helmet and raves about them. Says there are much better and clearer than the earbuds.

I have a set too and after -hopefully - this weekend I'll be able to provide you with my opinion of them

big john does your driver ever use them to listen to you!!!!! HAHAHAHA

sorry This is JC, you know my mom wouldnt talkthat mess to you!! just didnt realize she was logged in

Edited by slu52

I tried them and they suck big time...with really good mufflers they might be ok..but still no match for a good set of earplugs...know several late model guys that tried them and all went back to the old tried and true...there are earplugs that are better than others also...you get what you pay for...just my opinion...also the weight that it adds to helmet is very noticeable...but if your racing machine is slow and quite go for it....

Edited by GINGERBREADMAN

I HAVE THEM, THEY ARE FANTASTIC, KNOW MORE EAR BUDS, PROBLEMS ETC. THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO DO IS PUT MY FINGER UP UNDER MY HELMET AND MAKE SURE THE SOFT CUP IS AROUND MY EAR NOT OVER IT.

CAN"T EVEN HAVE MY RADIO TURNED UP ALL THE WAY OR ITS TOO LOUD.

Cant seemed to find any reviews regarding helmet speakers. Any one know if they are as good as ear buds or have any experiance with them?

I HAVE THEM, THEY ARE FANTASTIC, KNOW MORE EAR BUDS, PROBLEMS ETC. THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO DO IS PUT MY FINGER UP UNDER MY HELMET AND MAKE SURE THE SOFT CUP IS AROUND MY EAR NOT OVER IT.

CAN"T EVEN HAVE MY RADIO TURNED UP ALL THE WAY OR ITS TOO LOUD.

SHOULD HAVE READ ALL THE RESPONSES FIRST, I GUESS. I GOT THE ONES OFF RACING JUNK, TURBOS, OR SOMETHING. THEY ENDED UP BEING BOSE SPEAKERS, NOT HEAVY.

Are these the nitro ones from rh2? Did you install yourself?

I cananswer for Dale: yes they're the rh2 speakers. And they installed them for him. As a matter of fact, included in the installation, they also fixed a cabling problem he had.

And when I sent my helmet to them to have the speakers installed, they also installed the helmet mike and tested a cable for me, at no extra charge.

Ok, here's your post race report on my first experince with the helmet speakers (Nitro from RH2): they are great!

The audio coming in over the speakers was very clear and crisp. I ended up turning down the volume level to less than the 1/2-way setting (and I have bad hearing).

I have custom molded ear plugs and these speakers work much, much better.

Good luck with whatever your choice.