Casey Smith is not happy

BamaChief

Circumstances and how the race unfolds......and cautions breed cautions..... if Donnie Wilson hadn't got too anxious and got into the "protecting the low line exit" leader Bubba Pollard and spun him with about 12 laps to go (causing the first yellow within that last 10 laps that allowed some to get new tires), then Donnie would have likely won the race and Johanna would have had a top 10 finish, and Chase Elliott, Pollard, and Casey Smith a top 5 finish. Instead, Casey and Chase ended up with torn up race cars. A completely different storybook ending to the Snowball Derby.

Cause and Effect.

I think Casey Smith has been racing long enough to handle a bump. I just watched several youtube videos of the race and if it wasnt for some exceptional sawing on the wheel, Casey would of been turned head on into the wall. Long was definately faster at that time, but that was no bump. What I dont understand just as many others is that if she was fast enough to pass 2nd place on the outside, why did she have to move 1st and 3rd out of the way? Just an observation

I've watched a few of the YouTube videos as well and in my opinion there was more drive in way too deep and drive thru somebody than there was bump and run. Mad house rules being picked up and accepted everywhere I guess. Just be there at the end of the race and dump the leader for the win. Not good racin.

Just makes me wonder if all this discussion is because she is a woman driver. If say Colt James was the one who turned Casey would this conversation be happening? A lot of people approved of this type of driving from Dale Earnhardt Sr.

After watching the you tube videos I can promise the conversation would be the same if he ran over them like she did, but I don't think he would. It was not a bump and run on either car. But that being said she does have a lot of talent and can drive a car. It would have been nice for her to get the win with no controversy, but I bet it isn't bothering her right now.

I think that the cars are so on the edge that all it takes is a little bump or a big bump and yes I think that Long drove thru a couple of people.Bottom line this is what asphalt racing has turned into, there is going to be people running into people that is just the nature of the beast,there is always going to be a preferred line.Until somebody figures out to make the cars or build the tracks where you can run 2 or 3 wide it's not going to change. I don't know what the answer is but it's killing asphalt racing.

Archived