**Danielsen Has Laid Out A Challenge**

Who pays for all the gaskets and completely disassembling and cleaning of all the racetrack grit out of the motors? 1003 head gasket(1) $43, just an example

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is the race between alan and tony still on?? in all honesty hasnt it been a while since 35 even finished in the top 3.. its not like hes blowing every ones doors off id think there are other cars of more concern on legality

ive had three weekends in a row being takn out of the race and this last weekend i had electrical problems hasnt been a good two months.

Who pays for all the gaskets and completely disassembling and cleaning of all the racetrack grit out of the motors? 1003 head gasket(1) $43, just an example

that says it all if thats the case throw them rules out the window they will never know if they worried about little dirt anyway thats the cost of racing

If any track is 100% prepared with the proper tools then you can almost tech everything without having to pull parts off the engines. The items left unteched are parts that dont produce overwhelming horsepower! Whats funny even a light weight crankshaft of say 45 lbs isnt a big noticable horsepower gain. It needs to be alot lighter then that to make a difference but rules are the rules. Dont be scared about a dry slick track, when the hell have they ever not laid the water to that track this year. It takes half the night before its even racey enough for drivers to pass comfortably. So I think its safe to say it wont be anywhere close to dryslick and god forbide it is are you not talented enough to pedal fest your way around me. I mean pedal fest in my opinion shows off your driving skills and your setup talent or lack their of. Am I not right? Any big race anywhere in the nation that hosts a big race normally allows the track to go dry in hot laps so the track will start taking rubber asap. When have you ever opened a dirt track magazine and seen 200 lbs of mud covering up the cars, sponsors, and numbers? Nowhere!

Here is my last offer Tony we race for the $500 for 10 laps after the races I will start "behind" you! You take us to the green flag. How you like them apples? Plus if I havent already gave you enough if I loose you can have my favorite shirt, you know the ones that pisses most of you off, right off my back! Your starting to run out of excuses is what I am gathering plus I know you wont tech and you will go straight to the trailer and thats ok with me too I have no problem with that should you chose to. Of course you could always swap motors and try to get lucky? Anyways no more offers, thats it, take it or play with someone else but I assure you noone will be as much fun. I cant waste any more time when I got a car's ass end to rebuild! C everyone at the races....

that says it all if thats the case throw them rules out the window they will never know if they worried about little dirt anyway thats the cost of racing

Hey Tony, It looks like you have an engine sponsor they seem to think its just the price of racing to tear an engine down just to clean it up, so one could only assume they are going to pay for it.. No the track has a tear down fee, if someone wants to look, and this fee covers the parts, thats just how it works. I wont pull my engine apart at a dusty track simply because I dont want dirt in it(and yes I worry about a little dirt ripping my rod,mains,cam bearings and piston skirts to shreds). If they want to put a sealing bolt in the intake and come to the shop where I can take it apart in a controlled environment then, yes, other wise its not worth trashing a motor with sand an grit. unless somebody wants to cough up 3 grand for a new one.

Thats why track tech tools are so very important. Keeps all of us drivers from having to go through that experience and then rebuilding a good motor for no good reason.

Amen! The only thing that they dont have is a P&G gauge, that would complete what they need to keep the motors sealed.

Thats why track tech tools are so very important. Keeps all of us drivers from having to go through that experience and then rebuilding a good motor for no good reason.

Amen! The only thing that they dont have is a P&G gauge, that would complete what they need to keep the motors sealed.

P&G Gauge, Go-No-Go Gauge and a list of other things are on the way for next year. As we all know Kurt & John are more than qualified to be in that Tech booth. I have known John for 10yrs. and have personally work with him on projects, the man knows what he is doing. I have only just met Kurt but in the conversations he and I have had I am more than comfortable with him as well. Truth be told others must be comfortable with Kurt or they wouldn't be going to him for dyno work.

Victor I agree 100% with you on this tear down situation. If I was still driving hell would freeze over before you tore my engine down at the track! I think we all know the reasons why this procedure must be done in an enclosed enviorment. As we all know it isn't getting any cheaper to race, so the things that go along with a tear down such as gaskets and so forth are important to a driver because that is an un-planned expense. I am not even going to discuss the comment about dust in the engine. We all should know the damage that can be caused by dust or dirt getting into the engine.

Tearing down the top five in points I believe was the other suggestion. I disagree with this. If you are doing your job in the Tech Area than whats the purpose. You have to trust your Tech Area! If a car has passed Tech all year and won the championship than tearing that car apart after the fact is kinda mute. Now I will agree with Teching the top five after each feature, I think this should be and will be the norm.

If anyone has any questions I always welcome your call. You can reach me at the information below. Thanks...

all right danielson you win . 10 laps after feature 500.00 .teck can check cu in take value cover off carb off look at pistons . but im not taking motor out an on a camaro thats the only way to take pan off. an you can keep your shirt.

....i DO have my borescope, as most of you should know.(i've been using it out there all year) I'm sure i can get to almost anything in the engine, even if i have to go through the drain plug. there should be no need to pull anything off any engine, other than, say, a valve cover. ...ever.

I have been building engines professionally since I was 19 years old, I have dedicated lots of time to research and understanding the finer points of engine efficiency, over the years and have met many extremely talented engine builders and physicist I have the utmost confidence in Kurt and John. For those of you that dont know, Kurt is an engineer with a University degree and has my backing 100%. I have worked around lots of goofy engineers without real world experience and Kurt aint one of them..lol John has the school of hard knocks degree in automotive engineering and I endorse him as well 100%

I have been building engines professionally since I was 19 years old, I have dedicated lots of time to research and understanding the finer points of engine efficiency, over the years and have met many extremely talented engine builders and physicist I have the utmost confidence in Kurt and John. For those of you that dont know, Kurt is an engineer with a University degree and has my backing 100%. I have worked around lots of goofy engineers without real world experience and Kurt aint one of them..lol John has the school of hard knocks degree in automotive engineering and I endorse him as well 100%

yea i agree with all of u they may be well qualified BUT i went to pit area one time and 2 guys i seen one seemed 7 ft tall with big belly and other 4 ft with even bigger belly so could they get a car off ground high enough with jack to tech under car and the short one throws on some space age glasses that may need a new rx might not be able to c with bore scope and engieering degree and university wow you can only get that with what money buys theirs 1.2 million of those out their ,this is what really excites people at races #35 s.s. #149 heads up and #21 in limited for fall classic and A P AND G TOOL for the physicist and engineer to ask some dumb old shade tree mechanic to tell how to use and pump top 5 cars ( lol all in fun people)

yea i agree with all of u they may be well qualified BUT i went to pit area one time and 2 guys i seen one seemed 7 ft tall with big belly and other 4 ft with even bigger belly so could they get a car off ground high enough with jack to tech under car and the short one throws on some space age glasses that may need a new rx might not be able to c with bore scope and engieering degree and university wow you can only get that with what money buys theirs 1.2 million of those out their ,this is what really excites people at races #35 s.s. #149 heads up and #21 in limited for fall classic and A P AND G TOOL for the physicist and engineer to ask some dumb old shade tree mechanic to tell how to use and pump top 5 cars ( lol all in fun people)

I hope you don't plan on ending up in the SOS tech area any time soon, new2racing! LOL... I think those "space age glasses" will be looking your car over pretty heavy...

Nick

victor,

thanks man. it's nice to be appreciated and trusted for what you know and how well you know it.

new2,

i didn't go to shcool for any of this but i own my shop and do this for a living. i've been doing this professionally for over 8 yrs. i have 20/20 vision. i have a chemistry degree and worked as a R&D chemist so, i like to think of myself as somewhat inteligent. that being said, your post doesn't really seem "all in fun" . so like nick said, you might not want to come to the tech area any time soon, at least not with that attitude. just 'cause you put "lol" doesn't make everything you say all OK.

victor,

thanks man. it's nice to be appreciated and trusted for what you know and how well you know it.

new2,

i didn't go to shcool for any of this but i own my shop and do this for a living. i've been doing this professionally for over 8 yrs. i have 20/20 vision. i have a chemistry degree and worked as a R&D chemist so, i like to think of myself as somewhat inteligent. that being said, your post doesn't really seem "all in fun" . so like nick said, you might not want to come to the tech area any time soon, at least not with that attitude. just 'cause you put "lol" doesn't make everything you say all OK.

right on my friend. "lol" not going to get u throught tech next time will it? and as far as john and kurt go these guys are over qualified . keep up the good work and watch that "belly" hahaha :angry:

well..all I have to say is...if they think they can get a scope in thru the drain plug....then your way more talented than any tech guy I have seen....(circle track pans have trap doors) I personally have a 1" inspection plug in my pan....food for thought....

And on tearing down an engine at the track...nope not ideal...but if you think your not getting dirt in there just racing on dirt..then you have never torn one apart...

I have torn down my engines HUNDREDS (ok..hundreds might be a stretch...but its alot of times) of times at the track....NEVER had one fail from this...

tearing one down is expensive...but you will lose WAY more cars by not thinking they can run cause the other cars are illegal.

also...dry slick is the only time I would consider it a drivers track. All you need is a motor to win on tacky....but..that is my opinion... AJ

well..all I have to say is...if they think they can get a scope in thru the drain plug....then your way more talented than any tech guy in the world....(circle track pans have trap doors) I personally have a 1" inspection plug in my pan....food for thought....

also...dry slick is the only time I would consider it a drivers track. All you need is a motor to win on tacky....but..that is my opinion... AJ

you're right about the trap doors, didn't think about that. the inspection hole is a good idea though, maybe we should start requiring that on all the cars :D

btw, "your way more talented than any tech guy in the world", thanks but i already know that. :lol::lol::lol: ... just kidding

P&G Gauge, Go-No-Go Gauge and a list of other things are on the way for next year. As we all know Kurt & John are more than qualified to be in that Tech booth. I have known John for 10yrs. and have personally work with him on projects, the man knows what he is doing. I have only just met Kurt but in the conversations he and I have had I am more than comfortable with him as well. Truth be told others must be comfortable with Kurt or they wouldn't be going to him for dyno work.

Victor I agree 100% with you on this tear down situation. If I was still driving hell would freeze over before you tore my engine down at the track! I think we all know the reasons why this procedure must be done in an enclosed enviorment. As we all know it isn't getting any cheaper to race, so the things that go along with a tear down such as gaskets and so forth are important to a driver because that is an un-planned expense. I am not even going to discuss the comment about dust in the engine. We all should know the damage that can be caused by dust or dirt getting into the engine.

Tearing down the top five in points I believe was the other suggestion. I disagree with this. If you are doing your job in the Tech Area than whats the purpose. You have to trust your Tech Area! If a car has passed Tech all year and won the championship than tearing that car apart after the fact is kinda mute. Now I will agree with Teching the top five after each feature, I think this should be and will be the norm.

If anyone has any questions I always welcome your call. You can reach me at the information below. Thanks...

dont know if you want my opinion but i do race in the class and i still say a heavy tech on top 3 cars is better than teching the top 5.. this way the tech guys arent rushed and can take there time to do there job instead of having 4 cars/trucks backed up out of the tech booth sitting there roasting down rushing them .. and on average when u watch a race the top 3 run away from the rest of the field i dont know what tech is doing currently but some times as fast as they are in and out i would assume weight and vacuum..which i would assume not there fault if theyre having to tech so many if a guy cant get into the top 3 i dont think he should have to go through tech.. my opinion .. not bad mouthing u tech guys i know youve been catching hell.. i honestly dont know what yall are doing i would just think you could do more/better on lesser cars.. and more important cars

dont know if you want my opinion but i do race in the class and i still say a heavy tech on top 3 cars is better than teching the top 5.. this way the tech guys arent rushed and can take there time to do there job instead of having 4 cars/trucks backed up out of the tech booth sitting there roasting down rushing them .. and on average when u watch a race the top 3 run away from the rest of the field i dont know what tech is doing currently but some times as fast as they are in and out i would assume weight and vacuum..which i would assume not there fault if theyre having to tech so many if a guy cant get into the top 3 i dont think he should have to go through tech.. my opinion .. not bad mouthing u tech guys i know youve been catching hell.. i honestly dont know what yall are doing i would just think you could do more/better on lesser cars.. and more important cars

i agree....

dang..was just editing that..cause it didnt sound right...sorry.

you gotta be quicker than that....

that's cool, you had it right.. ha ha ha ....again just kidding.

inspection holes on oil pans should be mandatory.... i know alot of tracks are going to that... if so you need to let them know now , so they can get ready for next year... will save a lot of bitching in the end.....

Great Tony! I am looking forward to having some fun and getting people on their toes watching. I do however want to make this perfectly clear. I am not doing this promotional stunt to get embarrassed nor am I wanting to embarrass the #35. So for all of you smart asses already thinking the worst thats not the case. I want to be able to get out of my car shake hands win or lose and hope when its over it was worth the excitement and people enjoyed it! Same old same old is getting pretty boring. Last time that happen it took 10 years for me to return to driving a racecar. Look forward to racing Oct 9th so now its up to everyone who hates me or hates Tony, whatever to get butts in the stands to watch it and help SOS at the same time!

As far as tech goes it sounds like we are just going straight up one on one for $500. But I do think we should go through tech after the race and let those guys tech what they normally tech anyways just to keep us both from bolting on 4 barrell carbs or something stupid! Good Luck your going to get my best effort!

i agree 100% going thru tech after the race, and its good to know i get to start in the front row, and yes win or lose no hard feelings, just having fun..i hope its a good close race, and the fans get there moneys worth do you have a four barrel i could borrow LOL

Archived