Jack Roush

mac70

I have a good friend at Oshkosh and told me earlier that Jack had crashed coming in landing he is serious but stable, glad he's pretty much ok. from my friend who is a professional pilot "There was someone on the runway and he tried to abort when landing, he stalled and crashed on the runway. The fuselage broke into two pieces. All were taken out alive. Roush in critical but stable condition. I'll send ya pics later."

Statement by NASCAR Chairman & CEO Brian France on Jack Roush

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (July 28, 2010) – “On behalf of the NASCAR industry our hearts and prayers go out to Jack Roush, the Roush family and Roush Fenway Racing. All of us are looking forward to a full and speedy recovery.”

He should hire Rusty to fly him around......

1) Rusty hasn't crashed one I know of....

2) It would get Rusty out of the TV booth....

i like your way of thinking ..add larry mac and dw and petty to the pilots list ... keep em all off the tv ..

Having worked in Aviation 33 years now, and growing up in it through my Father's 53 years in it; and personally witnessing two multiple fatality accidents attributed to pilot error, I can say that there are people who fly planes, and then there are pilots.

And there is a huge difference in the two.

I think there is more to the story.I was told that he had to abort or try to abort and powered back up. This is when the plane stalled. People are saying pilot error and calling Jack out. I have read several other message boards were people are tearing into him.

They say this is a hard airport to land at. Not because of length of runway, but because thet stack take offs and landings on top of one another...

Traffic will always be a factor at Oshkosh. It sees 11,000 to 15,000 airplanes in a 9 day span.

While some are jumping on Roush, best to wait until the NTSB report comes out.

There are a bunch of guys flying older than him; Howard Pardue of Breckenridge, Texas somes to mind. Pardue races at Reno in the unlimited class at the tender age of 74.

Traffic will always be a factor at Oshkosh. It sees 11,000 to 15,000 airplanes in a 9 day span.

While some are jumping on Roush, best to wait until the NTSB report comes out.

There are a bunch of guys flying older than him; Howard Pardue of Breckenridge, Texas somes to mind. Pardue races at Reno in the unlimited class at the tender age of 74.

Exactly Tom...

If I'm not mistaken Jack was to going to fly his P-51. Now correct me, but that is NOT an easy plane to fly.

Mark

pictures 8 and 10 in the series are by far my favorites.

RUN FORREST RUN.....

Of course the angle of the lensing, the zoom and the cropping make it appear that the poor guy was in one of those nightmares where the faster you run the further back you get!

I wasn't there but from what my friend says (who is a pilot not affiliated with media) there was someone not cleared off the runway and Jack had to try to pull back up immediately or hit them then the plane stalled and he landed hard on the runway. Not Jacks fault from what he saw just a accident.

The radio chatter has him questioning something (quote "I don't think so.." coming right after an acknowledgement of clearance) just before he pulled off. What that was is still under investigation - could have been an uncleared plane - or even that poor guy sprinting along the taxi-way....

I guess his face is quite a mess but he will be okay. Glad for the okay part.

There is an unconfirmed report that another plane was landing behind him and saw the other plane taxiing. The plane behind him aborted landing and powered up. They believe that Jack saw this plane and as he went to power up to abort his landing saw the second plane aborting and in order to avoid a mid air crash powered back down and crashed.

As said previous we should wait for the report...

Archived