Carl Edwards at it again

F5RACING

Well we had some good side by side racing last night at THR too.

The Grand Stocks put on a heck of a show with Gaither and Farish racing side by side for what seemed like half the race.

The Supers came down to the last lap to see who was gonna win.

I could go on because all of our classes really put on some Great shows last night.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So when Dale Sr. did it.....and said he did....it was OK then.....Just sayin'....

"HAVE AT IT BOYS!!!"

Thats right - who's to say - intervention might prevent the NEXT dale earnhardt? not that carl is it - but now he has the perfect excuse to show what kinda chicken crap (oops - politically corrected to "thats racin'") moves HE has.

But if carl REALLy wants to succeed (or either of em for that matter) - they need to learn to apply those moves back in forth or fifth as well. the master proved the key to championships was the points! therefore the race for fifth is no different than the race for 1st in the overall pic. remember - Dale was nastier at the back than the front! He did not earn the name intimidator by running in the front all the time - he had to come from somewhere!

this debate could go on, and on, and on, and on....it's all a matter of who you like and what side of the fence you wanna be on.

the fact is, tho, that if they can't find a better way to fix their "problem" among themselves off the track we are going to continue seeing millions of dollars of equipment being torn up and someone potentially getting hurt...or worse.

i love a good fued and the bumping and hard racing are fine...but, there has to be a line drawn somewhere...

i love carl edwards and i've never cared for keselowski, but they are equally guilty, and need to find a better solution...wrecking themselves and other (innocent) drivers isn't a solution.

jmo :)

this debate could go on, and on, and on, and on....it's all a matter of who you like and what side of the fence you wanna be on.

the fact is, tho, that if they can't find a better way to fix their "problem" among themselves off the track we are going to continue seeing millions of dollars of equipment being torn up and someone potentially getting hurt...or worse.

i love a good fued and the bumping and hard racing are fine...but, there has to be a line drawn somewhere...

i love carl edwards and i've never cared for keselowski, but they are equally guilty, and need to find a better solution...wrecking themselves and other (innocent) drivers isn't a solution.

jmo :)

jeff .jimmy ...dalejr ...bush boys. are old news now ..noone talking aboult them ... someone had to step up to be nascar.s bad guy i figure ...so nascar is letting a good guy go bad ...thats going to get someone killed ...wrong kinda bad ...

Not that it means anything, but Brad Keselowski needed a provisional to get into the TD Bank 250 at Oxford Plains yesterday and finished 22nd, a few laps down. He did seem to behave himself and during the race, but there was no one named Edwards running. LOL

And, by the way, Jeffery Earnhardt was so bad they didn't even grant him a provisional... he went home just like the forty-something others who did not qualify.

Nick

I think Brad and Carl should be required to pay for the cars they tore up with their feude.Lots of these guys have limited resourses and dont need to be collataral damage.The % of payment should be by % of responsibility just like on the highway.

Anyone know what happened to Harvics plane and why was he still at the track?

I don't know what happen to Harvicks plane but watched the interview on De'spain show and I wouldn't punch Carl in the nose if I was Harvick, Carls pretty good shape and very athletic, any how Harvick shouldn't talk to much I seen him do the same as Brad and Carl to a lot of others, recently to Joey Longano whose Dad was hot to get Harvick, wish they would of let him go like to seen Harvick clean his plow, Joey has done a little pushing in the Nation cars his self some to Brad a few years back when Brad was in 88 Jr's car, oh by the way Jr didn't like that.

So when Dale Sr. did it.....and said he did....it was OK then.....Just sayin'....

Did Kesolowski move up to block....a little

Did Edwards come down....yep

Did Edwards turn him on purpose....says he did

I agree with you, reb. When it happened, I thought of Dale Sr. annihilating Terry Labonte coming to the checkers at Bristol. In two separate races. I don't remember people being up in arms about that, and it wasn't even payback. It was just good ol' fashioned "Intimidating."

Drivers always get payback and never seem to forget. Was it the right thing to do? Nope. Does it happen every weekend all over the country? Yep.

I am no Carl Edwards fan, but at least he admitted that he did it intentionally.

bristol_stomper_a.jpg

BK had the opportunity to take "Quack" out going into the turn, but he backed out and quack got it collected and they went on. So what would all the quack fans be saying right now if BK had taken quack out instead of backing off. He could have dumped him real easy and said "it was a racing deal". IMO, Na$car screwed up when they slapped quack on the wrist for the Atlanta crash involving BK. For some reason quack has always considered himself some kind of hardass and what I saw in that race was just plain CS. Veteran driver or not, I have no problem waiting for BK to have some payback. Roush & quack should be made to pay for the damage to the other cars that got involved by no fault of their own. JMO Lenny66 B)

Did Kesolowski move up to block....a little

Did Edwards come down....yep

Did Edwards turn him on purpose....says he did

I agree with you, reb. When it happened, I thought of Dale Sr. annihilating Terry Labonte coming to the checkers at Bristol. In two separate races. I don't remember people being up in arms about that, and it wasn't even payback. It was just good ol' fashioned "Intimidating."

Drivers always get payback and never seem to forget. Was it the right thing to do? Nope. Does it happen every weekend all over the country? Yep.

I am no Carl Edwards fan, but at least he admitted that he did it intentionally.

bristol_stomper_a.jpg

Terry was my driver and this makes me laugh to this day:

Paraphrasing:

"Terry, Dale said he didn't do it on purpose"

Terry: staring, biting his lip

"have you ever heard him say he did?"

Ok, not taking Carl's side, Not even a Carl fan, But come on, All you race car drivers out there are tell us.. That if you are racing and leading the race on the last lap and a guy that you dont like at all comes up and bumps you in both turns to get around you (instead of racing you clean) you are just gonna let him take your win? If you listen to Brads post interview he even says with a smile on his face that he rubbed Carl in 1 and 2 then rubbed him in 3 and 4. Now i dont think Carl meant to almost kill the guy, by the other driver smashing into Brad. But to me as a driver I would be pissed too if i was leading the race and get knocked out of the way twice by someone i didnt like. Yes rubbin's racing i understand that, try once and if you cant get pass the first time you rubbed him, then do the right thing and take your spot, don't keep hitting the guy to get around him. And I bet if Indy cars had bumpers and a good roll cage they would be bumping too lol...JMO

Yeah...Brad said he "Rubbed" Carl...and in return Carl "wrecked" Brad.

Are we talking about the past? 10, 15 or even 24 years ago! Just because they did it a hundred years ago means it's okay today?...I swear sometimes that NASCAR is turning into an arm of the WWF...every good story has a villain and a knight in shining armor.

So in other words no matter WHAT NASCAR does (intervene and chill em out - or let em have at it) they will be wrong.

In the early 80's they looked the other way and an ICON arose from the carnage. Over the next few years they intervened - and the argument was that the NEXT icon would be determined not by track actions - but NASCAR's reaction to those actions. So NASCAR said "have at it".

No matter what they will be wrong.

So basically we all need to shut up and race.

OK, JWm, I'll shut up, right after I reply to CJY08 above. His comment reminded me.

Dano 36 and I were sitting up in the stands at THR on one recent racing evening. There was yet another pause in the action .................. about the sixth caution in a 30 lap feature. I turned to him and said .................. "YA SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS DON'T CHA? NO RACE CAR SHOULD EVER HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO HAVE FENDERS, BUMPERS OR HUB RAILS. ALL THIS S*** DIDN'T USE TO BE A PROBLEM!"

He just turned to me and smiled ............ and kinda humored me. :D

Ok, not taking Carl's side, Not even a Carl fan, But come on, All you race car drivers out there are tell us.. That if you are racing and leading the race on the last lap and a guy that you dont like at all comes up and bumps you in both turns to get around you (instead of racing you clean) you are just gonna let him take your win? If you listen to Brads post interview he even says with a smile on his face that he rubbed Carl in 1 and 2 then rubbed him in 3 and 4. Now i dont think Carl meant to almost kill the guy, by the other driver smashing into Brad. But to me as a driver I would be pissed too if i was leading the race and get knocked out of the way twice by someone i didnt like. Yes rubbin's racing i understand that, try once and if you cant get pass the first time you rubbed him, then do the right thing and take your spot, don't keep hitting the guy to get around him. And I bet if Indy cars had bumpers and a good roll cage they would be bumping too lol...JMO

As a driver I can assure you I would not have turned him into the wall in front of the entire field. Not that I care about him but all of those cars behind him could not possibly avoid him. Those are the ones I would be concerned about. How was Brad taking away Carls' win? Wasn't Brad ahead when the caution came out? That is the only way Carl was up there beside Brad.

there were a few times i wanted to take someone out .but thought .others could be along with him .i thank my brother for taking to much time in fixing my car in 1989 .after leading the heat and ending up on my roof .cuz someone didnt like a rookie leading ..i had one thing in mind .that was take that sob out in the feature ...and i would have ...thought aboult it later .glad he did cuz a few other cars would have been torn up ...and posibly someone hurt ....but i did bounce this guy off the wall later when it was just him and i ......he understood ...

As a driver I can assure you I would not have turned him into the wall in front of the entire field. Not that I care about him but all of those cars behind him could not possibly avoid him. Those are the ones I would be concerned about. How was Brad taking away Carls' win? Wasn't Brad ahead when the caution came out? That is the only way Carl was up there beside Brad.

No No Carl was leading the white flag lap...Brad went into 1 and 2 popped carl to get him loose, Couldn't get him carl was still in the lead they went into 3 and 4 popped him again got him lose then got under him and well we all saw what happen after that... But any way carl would of spun Brad there was a wall on both sides of the track...

This could go forever....it just depends on what seat your sitting in to who was at fault.

IMO...Brad was "rubbing is racing" Carl for the win. Carl on the other hand flat took Brad out for the win....Period. Carl was almost proud of the fact afterwards which is what had me bothered. He knew Brad wouldnt come over there and kick his ass for doing it so he was cocky about it. Id like for him to take out someone who he knows would pay him a visit after the race. But that will never happen.

Carl smiles for the camera and signs autographics but I feel he truely isnt the nice guy he plays on TV. If you are a ass then be a ass but dont play both sides of the feild.

No No Carl was leading the white flag lap...Brad went into 1 and 2 popped carl to get him loose, Couldn't get him carl was still in the lead they went into 3 and 4 popped him again got him lose then got under him and well we all saw what happen after that... But any way carl would of spun Brad there was a wall on both sides of the track...

Not sure what race you were watching, but that clip in the first post only shows BK getting into Edwards in 1 and 2.

Over the last few years, NASCAR's had the drivers so scared of even sneezing that the fans were getting bored. They wanted to see emotion....however, I don't think they wanted to see the drivers kill each other either.

I did see Brad bump Carl into one, drag down the back strecth and brad beat him in and Carl turned him in the straight away where it was blatantly obvious of intent. As a driver on the last lap on the inside do drive justa little harder than youo should knowing there is a car above you to save you. Brad did have a five second lead for a lot of that race and towards the end he was driving away. Not a fan of intentional wrecking. Just think it could be handled better. Not very classy on Carls part. Just seemed like he has been frustrated about not running up to par and let emotions get the best of him. jmo.

Hummmmm, Carl seems to have rounded one too many corners. Seems to be a tad out of touch with reality. :huh:

Brad must be readin' speedzone. The last sentence from his interview above sounds a lot like my statement about Carl from March 9th (above).

Archived