1. 1. How bad will I beat Mary Ann?

• By a few inches
    • By a few feet
    • By a couple car lengths
    • By a straight away
    • By a lap
    • By 2 laps
    • By 3 laps

I just got a phone call from friends that went to see the Mary Ann/Jason race.

Jason did win.

His first car broke down and they give him another one.

The car that Mary Ann had was not running good.

This is what I was told, I was not there to witness it. :unsure:

Jason did win...by the luck of the draw. Mary Ann won the toss of the coin but gave Jason inside pole. Jason's car broke on the back straight before this start. While he went to get another car Mary Ann waited on the front staight away. The car smelled like it was over heating....whatever was wrong one thing is for sure it it was gutless ! Mary Ann had wanted to drive the # 20 car (Jason"s second car)because that was her old race number but told it wasn't safe. Jason may be hooked on racing now...he was pumped up on adrenalin big time. Chuck had to ask him to be still during the post race interview. Jason actually showed some sportsmanship but that may change as soon as he gets behind his computer. Anyway I see a rematch in the future !

Well.. I gotta admit that the TSZ monkey can flat out drive a race car. He was smooth. He didn't spin out. He kept his cool.

And he was PUMPED! After the race his legs were shaking so bad that he couldn't stand still!

Chuck was trying to interview him but Jason was like a moving target.. all over the front straight

with Chuck telling him to "Stand still, will ya?" LOL

But hey, if you were there at noon to see him make his first few laps, you never would have

dreamed this guy was gonna be able to run as well as he did. You could have clocked him

with a sundial.. LOL.. Big John, Bradley and DViet just stood there and looked at each other

and shook our heads.

Mary Ann was very smooth too, but her car didn't have what it took to do the job. The odd

part was that her car had just been completed that morning and was really pretty fast during

it's shake-down laps earlier in the day. And the Cadilac Jason had selected as his ride broke

down before the race even started and they brought out a replacement Pontiac that hadn't

fared all that well in previous Grand races.

They both were good sports about the race and raised almost $200 for the Shawn Lehman fund

when they passed their helmets through the stands.

Bottom line? I think we've witnessed the birth of a future Nextel Cup star.. Well, at least in Jason's mind. LOL

Congratulation Jason. When's your next race?

Nick Holt

Congrats to both drivers!!!!

Jason, I am going to quote you here.. but first lets paint the picture.. *(Jason's legs shaking so bad he couldn't pick it up high enough to get it in the car and almost fell on the ground!!!... ) now for those famous driver words before a big race " Damn I got Butterflies!!!"...

once he got that back-up car out of neutral he did alright!!! :blink::unsure:;):lol::D:D:D:huh:

lol!

Man will I have a some stories to tell! That was AWESOME. The only word I can use....

It was great meeting everyone and you guys/girls seem pretty damn cool.

I wanna thank the staff of THR for letting me do this. Brian, Tracie, Nick, Chuck, Kathy, all the guys working on those grands, and everyone else. So many people. That was badass! Very nice facility and a fun track to race on! Thanks to my entire pit crew who didn't have to adjust a single thing on any of the cars (Big John, Bradley, and DVeit! lol In fact Bradley went running off to some other team! What is up with that? I got to the track jumped in a grand car and took it out on the track. Those rumble strips just want to pull you down to them! lol I think part of the reason I was so inconsistent in practice was because I had some "distractions" at the top of the grandstands! lol Just had to stay off that apron and thats what I did. Chuck threw me a curb on that gentle men start your engines thing. He said "lady and gentlemen" but that just doesnt sound right so I said "ladies and gentleman start your engines" but I realized I had messed up by saying ladies instead of lady. lol Very minute but that threw me off. Thanks to Jim Creech for lending me the firesuit. Was an interesting fit but it was great! One of the reasons I had trouble with getting into the car was that I didn't want to tear the suit. I also want to thank all the people who gave me advice! Keep it low and dont over drive the car. The Engelhardts gave me some good advice too and I even got an on track tour of how to drive the car from Ryan's dad while in the pace truck. During the race I was focused. Concentrated on not hitting the apron, not going in to hard, and gettin hard on that throttle. What a blast. Was good raising that money for Shawn Paul and meeting him! He's a pretty cool guy. It is 3:30am. I am ready to go to bed.

Oh yeah doing some investigative work I was able to track down a banned TSZ poster who has a new name on here and will soon be banned. Can't beat the system Chevy383 or is it JCleaver?

Some little girl did come up to me who I think may have been Mary Ann's daughter or something (do you have one?) who was short, had braces, and was wearing pink and was mouthing off to me about me losing to you. She couldn't have been older than about 14. Then some Kyle Busch lookalike fool was mouthing off from the stands. He was sitting pretty low in the stands and seemed to be by himself. I wonder why? Punk...

lol

Fast18 you wouldn't be one of these people would you? Or perhaps you are related in some way? The way I see it. The best driver won because he showed up to the track early and got some practice!!!! You think it was setup? lmao What about all this talk how she would beat me. I would be lapped. lol Man was I pumped! I am going to have a grin on my face for the next few days I think. Now I am going to bed.

Jason , I did come over and sit behind the flagstand for the race but had no unkind words. I think you drove a very good race but still think the outcome would have been different had the cars been more evenly matched. (I have raced against Mary Ann and you forget right away she is a woman!) Congratulations Jason...and good luck with your racing career !

ONE IMPORTANT FACT TO THINK ABOUT- NOBODY HAD EVER SEEN JASON BEFORE....WHAT IF WE STILL HAVEN'T SEEN HIM????COULD THAT HAVE BEEN A HIRED GUN?????GOOD JOB JASON (1ST TIME RACING,I DON'T KNOW)MARY ANN SORRY ABOUT YOUR CAR...BUT THANX AGAIN TO BOTH OF YOU....

-SHAWN PAUL

AWESOME.....Great facility, great staff, great people. Just need to fill those stands up and that will help get more racers out there. Damn what is wrong with Austin? That track should have packed grandstands! Last night someone asked me about the grands and how do they go about getting one. Maybe thats a potential racer?

Archived