1. 1. How bad will I beat Mary Ann?

• By a few inches
    • By a few feet
    • By a couple car lengths
    • By a straight away
    • By a lap
    • By 2 laps
    • By 3 laps

Yea I have to agree man we have the car counts but no fans. Even on a good night when theres not much going on we hardly have any fans. In Thunderhills first days we used to see a good showing of people but thats not the case anymore. But its got alot of things goin for it. Id like to see the late model class grow a bit more too.

CONGRATULATIONS JASON,you did it!!!!I was the of the lucky ones to see this take place.I also noticed you took advice about how to drive,stay low.I bet your hands were frozen in one position,so you had no choice.hahaha. No,you did good and I am proud of you. Also I think you are a handsome little dude. Now all the girls will be after you since they know what you look like.The kid that beat Mary Ann. I guess we will never know the out come of our grudge race,because you have retired!!!!!Maybe you will change your mind. I always do. I beleive you have supprised everyone in Texas with your win. You certainty

have guts,after all the ribbing you got. I say it takes a big man or young man to accept the challenge and come out a winner. You're ok in my book. Well until the next time we butt heads. Hopefully that won't happen. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!Carol Yocum

Yea I have to agree man we have the car counts but no fans. Even on a good night when theres not much going on we hardly have any fans.

I will agree that THR has a low fan count.......right now.

Understand this. When I came to THR this year, I told Jim and Brian that we'd have to use THIS year to set up NEXT year. What that means is, I was going to implement advertising and marketing to get the THR name out in the public THIS year. Because there wasn't any "consistent" advertising/marketing done for THR before, the name still doesn't "ring" with the general public. That's why we need to implement programs that will help us grow NEXT year. Make sense?

Now, that doesn't mean I don't want to see the fan-count increase THIS year..we gotta see some improvement this year, so we know that we're on the right path. Again, kudos to Brian and Jim for making the physical improvements to the track, and for adding valuable staff members, at THR..They, too, understand this is a project under construction...

But this is NOT just about what we're doing in the marketing/advertising areas...THR will suceed because of the TEAM efforts by Jim Lynch and Brian and Tracie Callaway in the front office..Nick Holt, Jack Sandufer, Kathy Tieman and the crew putting in mega-hours during the week and on Race Nights...Greg Gurley, Aaron and the other THR officials...Christy Ganem, Danielle Birmingham and Rhonda Toyne with THR merchandising...and many, many others (you get the idea, right?)..

Also...the drivers' appearances and other community-relations projects are very valuable to growing THR. There have been a number of drivers (David Snokhous, Leland Waddell, James Reeder, Marc Currey, Shawn Paul Lehman, Cary Stapp, Duane Toyne--I hope I didn't forget anyone) who have given of their time to show up for our Drivers Appearances so far. I believe if you ask any one of those drivers, they'll tell you how great it was to deal one-on-one with the public! If you notice, Deb Williams and the SAS gang is making the same committment of doing more community-service appearances as well...

And you know...we could use more help from our race fans! As I said on this week's MZone Show, all of us involved in racing need to make a special effort to bring in non-racing fans and sponsors to help our sport grow..we have a lot of momentum (TMS getting a 2nd date, the success of Texas drivers on the regional and national level, for example), and we need to capitalize on that to help sport grow on the local level...

Again, thanks to EVERYONE who is putting forth an effort to help their local race track grow..your efforts are appreciated!

Well I just finished my last serving of crow for breakfast this morning. Congrats Jason. You drove a good race even if it wasn't the door handle to door handle bumpfest I had envisioned. Man what a great night of racing. Every class had passes on the outside. Everybody up there at THR deserves a big pat on the back for the improvements that have been made. Hey Chuck, could you explain how you were going give the NASCAR results one more time? LOL

Well I just finished my last serving of crow for breakfast this morning.

Hey Chuck, could you explain how you were going give the NASCAR results one more time? LOL

Dave,

I found that mozerella cheese goes well with crow... B)

And..I did NOT get the post-Richmond phone call I was supposed to get to announce the results to the crowd..LOL

:lol::lol::lol:

Jason sorry the fit of the firesuit wasnt good ,I gues the x-large waist with the x-small crotch thing didnt work for you.LOL

Chuck and Team!!! Once mother nature gets on board, I think things will really start to flow.

I had 4 people i invited to the track, 3 from out of town.. and finally this year the lady made it... All of them were wanting more... I mean.. i was hearing.. Da... Its over???? it was just getting good...

I think in your previous post you couldn't say thank you to the Drivers enough!!! Not only are they putting on awesome show's ON track.. But off!!

Aaron,

If I may, allow me to continue the little wave of momentum we have at THR right now...

I worked at the THR office today and returned some phone messages left on the track's answering machine...Three of the people I called back today said they came out to THR for the first time this past weekend..

**1 lady said she heard about THR from the commercial on Z-102.3

**1 man said he learned about THR through the article (Top 100 things to do in Austin) in Austin Monthly

**1 lady said her boyfriend heard about THR from the commercial in KVET-AM (The Zone)

**All 3 said they and their families had a lot of fun and WILL be back

Once again, kudos to Jim and Brian for allowing the THR "team" to go out and do their jobs...and kudos to everyone (drivers, workers, fans) for a fun night at THR last Saturday..

Yeah good job jason.... dude after your first practice my money was on MARY ANN... LOL sry... but we got it figured out,

I went to go help the 77 LLM... I figured since you got practice and we actually had to start timing you witha stop watch that you didn't need any more help. LOL

DUDE we are GETTIN ONE OF THOSE CARS....thats an awesome class if they can keep the cars equal...

NAAAA, I think we are going to try to get our own car (CREW CAR) for the big race at the end of the year...

oh yeah by the way... JASON wasn't just shaking after the race, the entire time from when he got out of the car at around 12:30 the kid couldn't stand still... IT WAS FUNNY (BIG JOHN CAN CONFIRM) after his second practice it got worse,

JASON YOU CAN STOP WITH THE BAD BOY DEAL ON TSZ, everyone knows who you really are now, polite, respectful, etc...

Jason you did a great job out there.Now go get you a race car and we'll see how you do in

race.lol

Bradley thanks for all the help this past weekend it was much appriciated if ya'll need anything just call.The car handled better than it ever has,and we still have some things

to workout.Damn flat tire.

Archived