THR HS Race

matt5858

No, I can't say that was the best way to handle it. But what I can say is that we ALL loose our temper now & then, especially when you get rammed a whole darn race from the back. If she was so fast - go around. You can't tell me that no one else acts like he does - because I watch it all night long every Sat. night. Every week someone looses their temper & every week someone gets reamed for it. That's just how it is out there... The SS race wasn't any better about their incident....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can and will say what I did was wrong... It is not the way I should ack It is not what we go to the races to do or see.. However This needs to be handled from the top THE OFFICAILS.. that is what i have been saying all along... I am surprized I didn't get black flaged I'm surprized Tracy did not.. We all make the wrong decisions some times ,some more wrong then others. I WAS WRONG. but at the time after geting my bumper beat off I didnt think ... I acted... right or wrong we have to fix the problem, can't do anything about the out come , the past is past, lets fix the future or there will be none.

WAY TO GO DAVID,THE 1ST OF MANY...

SPEAKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE-I'VE LOST MY TEMPER ALLOOOOTTT...SOMETIMES I FELT JUSTIFIED AND COULD'NT UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE ELSE DID'NT SEE IT MY WAY..OTHER TIMES I KNEW I WAS WRONG THE SECOND I DID IT...IT'S CALLED "HEAT OF THE MOMENT"..I'M NOT TAKING SIDES-I LIKE TRACY ALOT, I DON'T KNOW JOHN THAT WELL BUT I'M SURE HE'S PROBABLY A GOOD GUY...SO LIKE I SAID"HEAT OF THE MOMENT AND THE MOMENT IS OVER - SO PUT IT BEHIND YOU ,OR YOU'LL GET ATE UP WITH IT AND BEAT BY THE OTHER CARS THAT ONLY HAVE ONE ISSUE -RACING-

TRUST ME I KNOW -SHAWN PAUL

Shawn_Paul

Very well said, I wish I could stay calmer sometimes but I just don't, Don't really know what triggers it but damn when the top blows really doesn't matter who it is or what the ending will be.. Sat night was bad so bad I'm on probation for 6 weeks.. So to all you who want a peice ,come and get it and just maybe You will get your wish I will be racing somewhere else

Angry Horse...uh..I mean Crazy Horse didn't you write the book on losing your temper ! You have got to to be one of the nicest guys I know and so soft spoken (who would have thought). Sometimes people lose their cool when pushed. I learned long ago how to control my temper....I just think about getting even later and making it look like an accident ! Just kidding ! LOL ...I really couldn't tell there was a lot of pounding going on but I wasn't the person getting whiplash ! Time to chill out and get back to having fun. Shawn it won't long now til you hear some thunder down the street.

FYI CorvetteJohn,

Ya know, I was brought up with the idea that racing was supposed to be fun, maybe someone didn't teach you the same. However, how do you figure it was MY fault you did what you did?? That's kind of funny.... You act as if I have contorl over what youdo. Nope, sorry, that's your job. You decided to intentionally brake check, which was clearly observed by the officials, you decided to intentionally block, and you decided to INTENTIONALLY turn RIGHT. I agree with racingmom, I do have a lot of growing "up" to do. I'm not going to deny that, then again so do you. I agree I should have not have said and done some of the things I did Saturday night, but I did them. I have a hot temper, something I need to work on. If I can keep from hitting someone, I will. I am not giong to try to smash into anyone. In racing, the brake is used to slow down before entering the corner, not use in the entire corner and exiting. You mentioned something about them needing to throw the black flag at me. EVERYONE I talked to including the ones during our "meeting" after the race said they saw you intentionally turn into me. They knew you were brake checking me, as well as blocking, so manybe you should rethink your thought there. Also, you say you don't know where I get my driving from. I see, so you never had a problem with my uncle Joey? Hmm, yet another amusing thought. If I remember correctly you and him have had problems last year, you being the cause. I have yet to see him take you out. And my dad you speak of... you think ya'll raced well together?? That's why I remember him mentioning during the meeting that YOU, that's right, YOU tried to intetionally put him in the wall. I have heard a lot of good things about my driving; I am more aggressive than I once was. EVERYONE saw you mirror driving then. I go high, you go high, I go low, you go low. I never hit you then. I DID NOT mean to hit you as hard as I did. And I was on the brake. Ha, that's funny.. you think I'd mess my racecar up on you? You've gotta be kidding. I'm sorry but you aren't worth it. NO one is worth messing my car up on purpose. You recall the race you were out of? You said I was hitting everyone.. HA did you ever stop to think that what happened out there that night was called RACING. Why don't you go ask everyone what they thought of that race. Everyone I was racing next to got outta their car saying the same as me, "THAT WAS FUN!!!!!" I have no intention of changing my way of driving, except to improve my skills. I have had no complaints other than you. My car was unraceable... it was hard enough driving it on the trailer..hmm lets think whose was messed up more.. and you didn't hear me complainin about the car... only you. and its not like yours is that hard to fix... i've had that happen to me several times. Oh and one last thing. If I was faster than you, WHICH I WAS, why didn't I go to the outside? why don't you take a look in the mirror... oh wait, that's what you did... that's why I couldn't pass you... because you just seem to know right when to go up and come back down. And if you want to say that's not true, than I don't know what to think.. being that I had another driver in the Hobby Stock class told me that they SAW you do that. What a Cryin' Shame. Lemmie claify SOMETHING for YOU John, You think I gotta jump up and down and yell to get attention? nope, sorry, ain't got to. IF you EVEN care, I am bruised all on my back, my arms, my neck/shoulder, leg, and HIP. Saturday night was not to get attention, and if you knew the whole story, you would know that I told them I didn't want the ambulance over there, and I refused to get into it. While you were sitting in your "raceable" car on the race track able to race, I was surrounded by people who CARE.. (thank you to all you guys there for me...) and helping me. I wasn't yelling for attention. I hope you never have kids.. I'd hate to see how worried you wouldn't be about them. Thanks ONCE again for taking the fun out of racing... Se ya Saturday :D

-tracy

OK. I think everyone involved in this incident has had their say.

Thanks to those of you who managed to keep this discussion at least marginally civil. And special thanks to those who actually remained calm.

Nick Holt

Dear Jon

Do you know how to drive without a mirror. Also if you dont use so much brake the car goes alot faster and you dont get hit so much. Oh by the when you turn in kyle your supoosed to turn the wheel LEFT. I mean really how does a car jump from the bottom to the the outside grove into the door of the driver next to you. You know i spot for a driver in the trucks every race tell him to put his mirror up i even put tape on it sometimes before the race. Some people relize the race is in front of you the further back you finish the less money you make. But its basically common sense. Just thought i would try to help you. If you have any question feel free to let me know.

John ,

Sounds like you all out didn't want to be beat by a girl. Maybe you need to go practice falling down so when she kicks your but you don't hit the ground so hard ,lol. I know if you wreck someone on purpose I'M SORRY doesn't fix things.

Think before you react or maybe next time someone could really be hurt bad.

Archived