What a man...

NickHolt

Life kinda got you down today? Got problems that just won't go away?

P.S. The LSS policy is to discourage stuff that is not racing-related, but this one does not try to sell you anything, does not ask of donations, is not advocating any program or religion or anything else. Even though I may hear from some of you that think this is not what belongs on LSS, this guy is just so amazing that I wanted to share.

Nick

Kinda made me tear up, just when you think it's bad

someone out there has it worse.

This guy is awesome and has such a positive attitude.

I have a neice that lost a leg last year because of

infection. She started dealing with it at such a young

age and is still having issues with it.

She has always kept such a positive attitude and will

not let anyone feel sorry for her.

She's still in school and involved in sports and anything

else that she can do.

WOW what a KID !!!

I've been sitting here and thinking since I watched that video......When you look at that man's life, and then you look at some of the things people get so worked up about: some of the posts on here, rush hour traffic, having to wait in line, etc, you have to step back and say...Why are we wasting all this energy getting pissed off about something so trivial, when we could have real problems? I can't IMAGINE not being able to hold my wife or my children, or do any one of a MILLION little things we all take for granted. Sorry if I am pontificating, but watching that and seeing Nick's positive outlook on life has made me very introspective.

I HAVE TO HAND IT TO YOU NICK .......THIS WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER BEEN PUT ON SPEEDZONE ......ANYONE THAT WASNT TOUCHED BY THIS MAN .LIVES A COLD HEARTLESS LIFE ....I FEEL SORRY FOR THEM ..I DONT FEEL SORRY FOR THIS MAN .WHY ..ITS NOT HEARTLESS .THIS MAN IS LIVEING A BETTER LIFE WITH LESS THAN MOST OTHERS ..HANDS FEET MONEY CANT REPLACE THE HAPPYNESS THIS MAN FEELS WHEN GIVEING HIS STORY .......IT MAKES ME WONDER WHY I HAVE IT SO HARD .....BUT IN REALITY ..ITS ONLY WHAT I MAKE IT ...

[quote name=

NICK MAYBE YOU CAN FIND A PLACE TO LEAVE THIS UP WHERE THIS MAN CAN BE SEEN EVERYTIME YOU OPEN SPEED UP .. BE A GREAT REMINDER .,.. I DONT THINK ANYONE WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU DOING SO ..IF THEY DID .THEY CAN GET A LIFE ...

I've seen this guy before. It was a few years back. He is a great inspiration. Not only does this guy help kids he helps other people with disabilities. I am one of them. As many of you know I am a BKA(Below the knee amputee). At one time I thought my whole life was over. I was depressed. I had just given up. Then one day while I was being fitted for a new prosthetic I meet a young boy(7yrs old) who was there for the same reason. Only he needed to be fit for two legs and an arm. He was in a fire when he was about a year old and lost the limbs. I felt bad for him at first. This poor kid had to go through the rest of his life like this. I found out real quick that pity was wasted on this little guy. When he was on the chair getting fitted we talked. He told me how he lost his limbs and ask how I lost mine. I told him I lost it in a M/C accident. While we talked he decided he wanted to do something other than sit in that chair so he just wiggled and jumped off the chair and using his good arm and little stumps he was everywhere. He was laughing and doing what any 7 year old wants to do.....have fun. He came back over to where I was sitting and out of the blue he said "You know its not going to grow back dont you?" My whole out look on life changed. I could sit around and feel sorry for myself or I could get on with my life and enjoy it. I still keep in touch with him. He is 22 now. We send each other Xmas cards each year. He is going to school still and plans on being a lawyer. I try to use my disability in a positive way when ever I can. Ive even gone to my granddaughters kindergarden class and let the kids see my leg and tell them about it and to show them that life is to short to be anything other than yourself and to be greateful for what we have and those who love us. Didnt mean to write a book here. Its just that this post really hits home with me.

PAPA

P.S.

One good thing is I get real good parking spaces. :lol:

I've seen this guy before. It was a few years back. He is a great inspiration. Not only does this guy help kids he helps other people with disabilities. I am one of them. As many of you know I am a BKA(Below the knee amputee). At one time I thought my whole life was over. I was depressed. I had just given up. Then one day while I was being fitted for a new prosthetic I meet a young boy(7yrs old) who was there for the same reason. Only he needed to be fit for two legs and an arm. He was in a fire when he was about a year old and lost the limbs. I felt bad for him at first. This poor kid had to go through the rest of his life like this. I found out real quick that pity was wasted on this little guy. When he was on the chair getting fitted we talked. He told me how he lost his limbs and ask how I lost mine. I told him I lost it in a M/C accident. While we talked he decided he wanted to do something other than sit in that chair so he just wiggled and jumped off the chair and using his good arm and little stumps he was everywhere. He was laughing and doing what any 7 year old wants to do.....have fun. He came back over to where I was sitting and out of the blue he said "You know its not going to grow back dont you?" My whole out look on life changed. I could sit around and feel sorry for myself or I could get on with my life and enjoy it. I still keep in touch with him. He is 22 now. We send each other Xmas cards each year. He is going to school still and plans on being a lawyer. I try to use my disability in a positive way when ever I can. Ive even gone to my granddaughters kindergarden class and let the kids see my leg and tell them about it and to show them that life is to short to be anything other than yourself and to be greateful for what we have and those who love us. Didnt mean to write a book here. Its just that this post really hits home with me.

PAPA

P.S.

One good thing is I get real good parking spaces. :lol:

Thank You for sharing that with us PAPA.

papa any time you want to write a book .i have time to read it ...make it longer next time will you ..just when i was really getting into it ..the story ended ... .

.... BACK WHEN I WAS 15 I WAS HIT BY A CAR . had a nasty black spot on my left thigh ..didnt think much aboult it .but it was sore for three weeks .and then all hell broke loose ..woke up screaming one saterday morning .. that leg had doubled its size over night ...went to the doc and he sent me strieght up to E.R ..come to find out it had got infected and started turning gain green ..... those doctors worked for over four hours trying not to take my leg all the way up ..not going into details .but one more half inch of needing repairs or one more hour with out medical help ...i would have lost it ....i have to protect it .cuz of the skin graft ...

Self-control is one of our most cherished values.

We applaud those with the discipline to regulate their appetites

and actions, and we try hard to instill this virtue in our children.

Think of the slogans: Just say no. Just do it. We celebrate the

power of the mind to make hard choices and keep us on course.

But what if we can't just do it ? What if "it" is too difficult or our

strategy for success is misguided ? Is is possible that willpower

might actually be an obstacle rather than a means to happiness

and harmony ? Can we have to much of a good thing ?

We all are only human, it's that simple.

Though sometimes things are going to be said or done, doesn't

mean that we are not greatful for what we have.

The gentleman in the video has a great outlook on his situation and life.

I work with a guy, Hector, who is in his 30's and lost a leg above the knee to a motorcycle accident years ago. He helps coach his son's baseball team, regularly goes camping and fishing, and we all refer to him as "our one-legged friend". Hector simply wants to be there for his wife and son, and he will tell you that the loss of a limb has done little to change that.

Very inspirational stories, from Nick in the video, to Papa and Hector, and everyone else like them.

Kinda made me tear up, just when you think it's bad

someone out there has it worse.

This guy is awesome and has such a positive attitude.

I have a neice that lost a leg last year because of

infection. She started dealing with it at such a young

age and is still having issues with it.

She has always kept such a positive attitude and will

not let anyone feel sorry for her.

She's still in school and involved in sports and anything

else that she can do.

WOW what a KID !!!

i bet that if u asked him, he would tell you that "worse" wouldn't be a word he'd use...how amazing he is! more people should be this positive...world be a great place to live!

Archived