What would you do

abrungot

Ok.. I am doing some research.. and need some help..

People that have kids especially.. if you didn't come to the race track, what would you do with your kiddo's on a Saturday Night?

Movies

Austin Park & Pizza:

Austin Zoo:

Texas Stars @ Cedar Park:

Round Rock Express Baseball:

What else? More to come on why i am asking this later..

1st choice - Send em to Grandma's and enjoy the quiet evening with my sweetheart.

2nd choice duct tape them in their bedroom and enjoy the quiet evening with my sweetheart.

Seriously though - we always spent the late spring to early fall saturday nights bar-b-queing (we have a pool so the idea of actually staying home has more umph) - remember I have not been involved with racing for 15 years now - the business is the main reason I did not have the time to commit to anyone, the wife and kids being second. I have a projector and screen that we set up by the pool and watch movies just like being at the drive in. Now that the youngest is 22 and we have our life (whats left of it) back I havn't given a whole lot of thought on what to do with the kids. The grandkids all live out of state and we fly em all in for two weeks in july (too bad they bring their parents with them!).

Just recently the wife and I decided to take up camping. When my daughter and her family joined us we had a blast with the kids. Snipe hunting, crawdad fishing etc.

Movies

Austin Park & Pizza:

Austin Zoo:

Texas Stars @ Cedar Park:

Round Rock Express Baseball:

There are other things to do? Who knew!

In the summer, it is racing. Hockey gets me through the long cold winter until racing starts again.

Seeing as how I currently announce at race tracks, and have announced hockey games, I sometimes don't have much "off season".

Bill "Sarge" Masom

my kiddo will be 16 in a couple weeks...i haven't seen her since i picked her up from her summer vacation at her grandparents last august! :lol:

seriously, tho...we do movies at the theater, work in the yard or just hang out at home watching (racing) on tv...and, there is NEVER a crawdad/fish involved! lol

Everything we do with our kids is so age specific - the land mines at the different ages are treacherous. There are the times when we avoid the kids and the times when the kids avoid us.

Best is just to make good use of that lone week in their eighth year when everyone is on the same page and enjoy that moment.

Its easy to tell when they think they're grown up. When a kiss from Dad in public becomes a punishment rather than a treasure. Works wonders tho - threatening to "come over there and give ya a big ol smootch" kept them well behaved in restaurants (and dad out of jail for child abuse)!

Well on the weekends since we moved to central Texas we have taken up kayaking. Me and Jenn (my sister) made our first trip of the year in February! Dang it was cold! My boys love it and we usually fish along the way. I generally pack some lone stars in the ice chest!

post-1097-1270567230.jpg

Here is AJ showing off our collection. The little 8' canoe was our winter time project.

my older brothers let me in on the snipe hunting thing early ...so I didn't snipe hunt. My kids are grown but I spend a lot of time with the grandkids. They do like fishing, movies, and the races.
took a newby in boyscouts snipe hunting ..told him to stay put ..cuz its very dark and he didnt know where he was ..went back a couple of hours later ..he wasnt there ..three hours later we found him ... with dirty pants .. real dirty if you know what i mean .. lol ..went back found his bag ..a rattle snake had sliped into it ..once he realize snipes dont rattle .. crap happend ...lol ..

Well I got away from the racetrack and coach Select Baseball in the 8U age group here is the team after we won the Lake Travis Tournament 2 weeks ago, and the other picture is my buddy Bailey who was my old neighbor that I have been teaching since he played in T-Ball

post-3-1270573272.jpg

post-3-1270573280.jpg

Archived