Madhouse

ProTree

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's a suspension manager for what its worth.

"Never trust the suspension manager" is one of the oldest, yet truest, of all the sayings associated with racing.

Right up there with, "Gentlemen, start your engines."

Nic

I keep looking at that stadium and thinking......

.... about 1200 loads of dirt and they just might have something there.

:P

Stay safe,

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Yeah, but that stadium is awesome!

I am blown away by the willingness of some to wreck each other into concrete walls. At least in NASCAR, you are tearing up other people's stuff.

jr is a ......well, i'm a lady so i'll keep it clean~ :lol:

but, ur right...some of that stuff would get y'all thrown out of the COUNTY let alone the track!

i have to wonder how much of it is simply for dramatic purposes for tv....hmmm

i can't see ur average (non-televised) track letting folks get away with some of that stuff...

but, all-in-all, their plan is working...we are still tuning in each week...

direct flo....I need to come hang out at the tracks you frequent....It is that way at every track....you need to take off the blinders and smell the coffee...the fans in that part of the country are a lot more involved and very emotional about their racing than the fans here in this part of the country....smells like Folgers to me...........

direct flo....I need to come hang out at the tracks you frequent....It is that way at every track....you need to take off the blinders and smell the coffee...the fans in that part of the country are a lot more involved and very emotional about their racing than the fans here in this part of the country....smells like Folgers to me...........

Nope...not Folgers..good guess though.

I was talking about the drivers and not the fans. With the magic of editing, every race has some sort of fight. I guess it would make for a boring show if they just showed some good racing and civil behavior on and off the track.

I just hope the show doesn't influence the behavior of the local drivers. I think we even brought it up in the drivers' meeting last Saturday. I heard from someone that the featured drivers were getting some financial help on repairing their cars. I can't help but feel that most of the show is staged.

I just hope the show doesn't influence the behavior of the local drivers. I think we even brought it up in the drivers' meeting last Saturday. I heard from someone that the featured drivers were getting some financial help on repairing their cars. I can't help but feel that most of the show is staged.

Agreed, Debbie. "Madhouse" is show business. Pure and simple. And hopefully local racers don't believe that is how to behave.

I have no direct ties to "Madhouse", but I spent 30+ years in the film and television business and have had connections and dealings with several reality shows. What I can tell you is this... the "reality" shows I have dealt with personally were guided by the producers of the show. The relationships, the conflicts, the reactions... and absolutely the outcomes... all directed by the "show runners". It's all about ratings not reality.

I would be very surprised if the show was NOT taking care of these cars financially plus the per-show salaries paid to the "reality" actors. When you are well paid by the show to act a certain way... you act that way.

Now, I did work with one show where the principal players were not aware that it was all staged and they really thought what was happening to them was real... but many of the other players were hired actors, or the "real" people were paid to make things go a certain way and the episodes were scripted by the show runners [producers] and only the reactions of the principal players were "real".

Even some shows that I would have thought couldn't possibly be staged were set up at least to some degree.

Again, I have no affiliation with "Madhouse" and cannot speak for that show in any way... but if it's all "real"... it's the first reality show I have come across that is.

And if the "Madhouse" reality actors are not being paid to act a certain way and their cars are not being paid for by the producers, then congratulations to those producers for finding a big bunch of goobers to manipulate for free. BUT... you can't spend more than a brief moment on television without a shiver of Hollywood agent sharks on the attack to "make the deal", so the producers wouldn't get them for free for long.

Oh, and if you think "Hey, man! You can't stage a show like ______" Think again. Show business is all smoke and mirrors... and lots and lots of editing. ;)

It's crap like this that gives racers and racing a bad name.

I refuse to watch this program.

you tell 'em girl!!!

If your into seeing cars get wrecked, take up demolition derby and leave the racin to the racers

Archived