Madhouse

ProTree

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

havent even watched the show .. but sounds like days of thunder .all wrecking .no racen ..that should go well with fans that show up to a racetrack to see this kind of stuff .and being dissapointed .or keeping someone who is thinking aboult getting into racen .decide not to ..the old days brought poeple out to see the fights .but gave racen a bad name to the poeple who wanted to bring the kids out .. so what kind of poeple are race tracks trying to get out to the races ....most i know of want clean racen .want the familys to load the kids up .... hitting and takeing cars out should be for demo only ..

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who watched Madhouse . . . the saga continues.

From Speed51.com:

Tim Brown Sets Fast Time For Bowman Gray 200-Lap Opener

Mods - 4/23/10

Tim Brown set a lap time of 13.149-seconds in qualifying Friday night at Bowman Gray Stadium for Saturday’s Tuscon 200. After his lap, Brown said, "If they can beat that, they can have the pole." Well, nobody did. The eight-time track champion beat out Lee Jeffreys and the rest of the 30 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Modifieds signed into the pit area for fast time for Saturday's feature event. Burt Myers was third-quick in a backup car, while Robert Jeffreys and Rupert Sink rounded out the top-five. The top-10 qualifiers are locked into the show, with the rest looking to transfer into the 24-car starting field on Saturday.

It was an eventful day at the stadium as Burt Myers wrecked his primary car and set the third-quickest time in a backup car, while fellow "Madhouse" stars Jonathan Brown and Chris Fleming were unable to take time due to mechanical problems. Saturday is going to be quite interesting at the Stadium. Follow along with all the action on Speed51.com's Trackside Now coverage starting at 5pm ET.

Brown: Madhouse Might Go to SPEED, Could Be Delayed to '11

Mods - 5/4/10

Defending Bowman Gray Stadium (NC) Modified champion and Madhouse television personality Tim Brown told Speed 51 Radio on Tuesday night that SPEED TV has been negotiating with the History Channel to buy the rights to the reality television show. Brown said that even though he wasn't happy with how he was portrayed in the first season of the show he would consider being a part of a second season. He told 51 Radio that although a film crew has been taping at Bowman Gray this year, it might be too late into the season for a deal to be made and a possible SPEED version of Madhouse might not appear until the 2011 season

personally, i was really disappointed w/the whole show...i thought it would be more about racing and competition on the track...not crinkled sheet metal...and, i never watch a race for the wrecks, so there wasn't much in it for me, i guess...

if the show comes back, maybe it will concentrate more on the sport and less on the drama..

There's no racing on that flat one lane track. It's all about the qualifying time. Thats where the race outcome is determined. If the show concentrated on the racing action.... well there wouldn't be much action.

I don't know if you noticed but there was a lot of editing of cockpit camera shots. I saw the same camera shot in several different races. Like it or not, the off track drama is what differentiates one show from the other, not the racing. And that kinda chaps me.

Archived