Danica and Dale Jr

direct-flo

What do you think of this, will it work? I think it makes for great PR for both Dale and Danica.

Read the full story: NASCAR.COM

I’m going to have to listen to Tracksmack this Saturday, 760am on the radio dial. I also like the live stream on ticket760.com. I wonder what Dawn Murphy and her guests will have to say about this.

I don’t call in much, but I think I’m going to on this one. I think the call in number is 210-736-9760 when I am out of town I call 800-707-9760

Edited by direct-flo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think she is going to be able to handle the "Rubbing is Racing" mentality. She is used to a cushion due to the open wheel cars. First time someone punts her in the "backside" she is gonna

"wig out". Her first post race interview after a wreck will be real interesting. JMO Lenny66 B)

I don't think she is going to be able to handle the "Rubbing is Racing" mentality. She is used to a cushion due to the open wheel cars. First time someone punts her in the "backside" she is gonna

"wig out". Her first post race interview after a wreck will be real interesting. JMO Lenny66 B)

As long as she doesn't do "The Danica Stomp" (her version of the Kyle Busch Stomp), and go straight to her trailer afterwords. THAT would be a NASCAR nightmare!

The gear is here!!!

Have you seen this? Danica Gear

Danica already has WAY more NASCAR items available than "my driver". :lol: Or... :angry:

Gotta admit... she's a marketing coup!

Fotr the gear to be out so quick, leads me to believe that NASCAR knew about this for a while. This was not a last minute or surprise announcement.

Fotr the gear to be out so quick, leads me to believe that NASCAR knew about this for a while. This was not a last minute or surprise announcement.

you should know by now ..nascar has its hands in everything ..nothing goes on on the back burner without nascar ..im sure nascar went after her .and made some kinda deal that noone could pass up ...its purty sad when nascar has to go after certain drivers to help thier rateings .. its going to fall flat on its face ....when will they wake up and give us some better racen ...if she can race good and win .more power to her .but she aint the answer .

Nascar still has some of the best drivers in the country. Danica is one of the best female racers in the country. Makes perfect sense for her to try her hand in Nascar, she will be a big draw to the younger female crowd no doubt. It also makes sense that Nascar knew it was coming. With all the legal matters involved they have to be involved to some extent. They will try to capitalize on her name to draw fans just like they do with Johnson, Gordon, Earnhardt jr and others.Its called business.

Patrick will bring much-needed publicity to a sport with sagging attendance and television ratings. According to the Davie Brown Index that measures a celebrity's ability to influence brand affinity and consumer purchase intent Patrick ranks tied for third in NASCAR with seven-time Cup champion Richard Petty behind Jeff Gordon and Earnhardt Jr. In terms of appeal -- or consumer likeability -- she ranks second only to Petty.

No H/T, her fan base is across the spectrum, even internationally. A very big portion though, is young females. THAT is new to the sport and good FOR the sport.

Will she succeed? I don't know. Time will tell. The desire, will and spirit is there but her experience in this type of car is not. From an Indy car to a "stock" car is kinda like climbing down off a thorough bred and mounting a mule. .................. a very fast mule, but a mule nonetheless.

I hope for the sake of the sport she IS successful. It should be interesting to watch. We shall see! :)

No H/T, her fan base is across the spectrum, even internationally. A very big portion though, is young females. THAT is new to the sport and good FOR the sport.

Will she succeed? I don't know. Time will tell. The desire, will and spirit is there but her experience in this type of car is not. From an Indy car to a "stock" car is kinda like climbing down off a thorough bred and mounting a mule. .................. a very fast mule, but a mule nonetheless.

I hope for the sake of the sport she IS successful. It should be interesting to watch. We shall see! :)

agree.... hows our buddy dano doing .he doesnt get on here much unless its race time ...

Edited by HiTech

............ and now, for all you nay-sayers on here (this should really piss you off) ............. My favorite Danica quote ----->

"GENTLEMEN,

START

YOUR..........

EXCUSES"

:lol:

From the book "DANICA .......... Crossing the line."

............ and now, for all you nay-sayers on here (this should really piss you off) ............. My favorite Danica quote ----->

does not make me mad at all ...why cuz she aint proved much to me in racen ..now when she wins a few more races not on fuel but actualy beats someone side by side ..then ill give her some respect ..we have ladys racen today that have won more races .sit on more poles than her ..but keep thier bodys cover up ..and even look better than her ....... the headlines on her are more aboult her looks and what she isnt wearing.... than her winning races ..

ill give her credit .she knows how to market herself with what little she has to offer...... little thats funny ..lololololololooo cough lolo catch mybreath lolooloo oh my tummy hurts .lololl

Edited by HiTech

Hey Mike, Buddy knows I am watching. As I said earlier I am going to watch her and see how she does. Buddy is right about her. She will bring many more fans to NASCAR including lots of females and that is what NASCAR needs. As for her driving, I will say this and be quiet again. A few of you are really loading your plates with fried crow. She tested last weekend at some Florida track in a nationwide car. Gee, she kept that heavy ole car on the track. And now Milka Duno is going to give ARCA a shot too. Milka has had some experience in full bodied cars though and could do very well. Milka is no slouch either.

But Mike you are right. Not much to say when there is no racing to watch. But February is not that far away.

You and Buddy have a great Christmas. :)