There's a Yellow Fender Headed to the Havoc

If saspeedracer(Marc Roy) shows up that would be the I-37 Pure Stock champ too.

Anyone called Andrews from HOT? Although HOT's cruisers might be more like SOS Pures, then it would be Gordon Coble(Wooley's relative of some sort).

i heard that there might be another 2009 i-37 champ thats gonna try to be there...Not tryin to start a rumor or nothin.... <_<we are bringin the #57 nova also...gonna fire it up tonite...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i heard that there might be another 2009 i-37 champ thats gonna try to be there...Not tryin to start a rumor or nothin.... <_<we are bringin the #57 nova also...gonna fire it up tonite...

Would that be that Marc was able to get something going, or another class champ?........ And, if the #57 is the one being wheeled by Jason Kelly, then I'm particularly interested in that one too. ;)

monty,post 57 answered your other track champ question. an yes they are buttoning up jasons car as we speak. wait tiill everybody see's the new paint job his dad put on it while we were at work. it fits the halloween theme. :P

good deal... looking forward to seeing the car.

Planing on making the haul to have some fun with the pure stocks.

Brian wore out and all took a couple minutes to catch up on this board but instead of posting asked to have the following info posted.

First he is proud of each team that plans to pull through the pits to help put on what appears to be the areas biggest racing show of the year! He is asking also to not be shy and get to the track much earlier then normal. The lines could get long waiting to get in. He was planning to start selling tickets at 2pm but that is now out the door. He is selling pit passes early and often so leave yourself some extra time to sit in the pits having fun instead of parked outside waiting. This is a big request of him. Secondly because so many are coming from a long ways this weekends events are going to happen. Plan on it! The track is 100% prepped and ready depending on how much if any of the R stuff falls on it Friday. Friday afternoon the threat is over and we are rocking!

As far as the pure stock class goes. Most of the rest of the classes the rules mesh with all other tracks so there isnt any concerns there. But pure stock is alittle different. The majority of cars coming are from South Texas Speedway, Texana/Shady Oaks Speedway and the Houston area Tracks. The Tx Grand held in Houston every year extends an invitation every year to the Pure Stocks of this area to run in the Thunder Bomber/Hobby class using their own track rules. So SOS is returning the favor. There are alot of additional cars coming from I37, Thunder Hill Speedway, possibly some from College Station and Kileen regardless of were you are from you must fit yourself into the correct class this weekend. You need to bring your rules you run under so you can be teched as such. Its not SOS's responsibility if you plan to bring a gun to a knife fight!

With that being said the tracks listed above do have differences between each other. Some weight 3200, some run 4 barrell carbs, some run 10" wheels, some run dirt boss racing tires, some run racing shocks and the list goes on and on. Nobody knows who has the advantage over the others rules package but its manditory you cant mix match rules between tracks. Run your package and support where your from and why you are racing this event! Represent in other words but with this being said if you run an upper class with your car and are trying to cherry pick from this lesser class car event you will be moved up into super stock unless you can proove you have removed the performance parts not allowed in the Houston Hobbies or this areas Pure Stockers, example: Performance Heads, roller rockers, weight jack will get you moved up. Again SOS wants as many competitors as possible but not at the expense of cheating those that normally run in this type of class. If you have a concern you do need to bring this up at pretech with the technical inspector prior to racing. Its almost too late to start emailing questions now so just load up and come you will be racing know matter what.

On a personal note we are very lucky to have such a fine racing facility I challenge not only myself and my team but the rest of the SOS family to be great hosts this weekend. Lots of people are coming to have fun and enjoy what this is all about. It can be easy to get caught up in all of the racing stuff so lets put our best foot forward as a group and show the State of Texas what Shady Oaks Speedway is all about! Good Luck to everyone!

If I am not mistaken a couple of I37 Streetstocks have ran with the Pure Stocks down there this year. I dont know how well they have done but I dont think any of the I37 Street Stocks that were there earlier this year did any real cherry picking. I say that because Wade's post is singled out as he has a very fast car. The rules gap between Pures at I37 and SOS is probrobly why the Pure Stock at SOS would have to run with Streetstocks at I37 and vice versa as I said in another post relating to the I37 race... But I dunno... Either way I hope Wade does a hell of a job as he has done all year and represents I37 well... This is a benifit race not a 5k to win slobberknocker , that like you said is going to have a ton of rules variations. Lets just have fun have a good time and show Mr. Scribs our support. Everyone wants to win a race like this but you can't loose sight of what this night of racing is for. Enjoy the night have fun and good luck to all...

Marc Roy

Marc everything you stated is correct. Street Stocks from I37 have come and raced in the pure stock class. To date they have not reached afterrace tech for what ever reason to be teched. However the ones that do race on a reg. basis at SOS run super stock most likely because what they have in the car doesnt qualify those cars to run pure stock. Each car is different and runs different parts but this class is obviously designed with at least open chambered heads, no obvious race parts such as roller rockers and suspensions weight jacks. SOS is willing to allow differences for this race but its a judgement call. Brian threw those out there as examples because those are super stock racing parts at SOS. That doesnt mean all street stocks are running them it means if you are you are expected to run in a class that is more designed with those items in mind. SOS Pure Stocks run alot more then i37 pure stocks so it would be expected of them to run street stock at i37 if they went there just like the STS pure stocks have to. Because this race is catching alot of attention from many directions this does need to be brought up. I hope wade or for that matter anyone else interested can tune there car closer to pure stock if not step it up to super stock.

Lastly it is a benefit race however I dont expect all of these hotshoes to show up and take a back seat to anyone. They are coming to put on a show and like it or not its going to be a slubbernocker!

Im sure each has there own advantages and I am sure yourself and Shafer use every square in. of the rules to win... As I would if I am in that situation especially if I want to go in with a fighting chance to win... I also wouldnt want to race at my home track with a signifigant disadvantage . With that said there needs to be some common ground to see how big the differences are. Especially when you have 2 tracks where the rules have advantages and disadvantages that go either way and puts classes between classes too fast for one or too slow for the other ect.... If the two cars are legal at their respective class/track then what a better way to find out... Plus you get to see how you stack up when it comes to the I37 race and so on and so forth... Id just like to see the class rules around here be closer so we all have our niche and not have to make alot of changes when we go from one place or another but just like on the asphalt side thats never gonna happen. Trust me I would love to run this race just to see where I stack up even though with the rules the way they are I would be lucky to stay out of everyones way.. Maybe I just think a little different than most or don't see that big of a rules difference between the Streets and SOS PS...

Looked at both sets of rules which I should had done earlier : I do see in the rules the CC difference but you get to have an aftermarket head dunno if that makes any difference or not... I see where 1.6 rockers are an advantage. I also can see where 150lbs can be a distinct advantage with racing springs and shocks well... I see where that can be a problem but maybe there is some way to correct it with weight or some kind of combination of that with some sort of Left side % or Right side limit rule to help even things out... Its only a suggestion. Too bad its only 2 days before the race to think this up.... lol

People like Shaffer and ourselves absolutely get the most out of our rules! But its pure stock rules we are getting the most out of not street stock. We have a street stock on jack stands and of course our pure stocker. There is an easy 150 hrp difference between our two cars. Without doing a rule comparison just the engine rules alone a massive difference. That doesnt mean Wade for instance in taking full advantage of using the full rule package. However the way the the rules set he could be running Camel Hump Heads with a cam lift of .540 lift with a performer intake, with roller rockers ratio of his choice, with 2 valve relief pistons. You can not compare those rules what so ever to any pure stock or hobby stock anywhere. I37 is the only track within 4 hours that runs street stocks. So unfortunately its not the other 30 or 35 cars that are out of line. Again he may not be running all these parts but if he or anyone else is they need to run super stock. Thats what they run not pure stock. Pure stock can run after market heads but its still a 72 cc head, we run stock rocker arms, stock intake manifold, 18 inches of vacuum and 4 valve relief pistons. Two totally different engine rules. Of course we havent even touched the weight difference, aftermarket control arms, weight jacks, relocated shocks on top of the better engine. Cherry picking? If you have half of whats listed and try to run pure stock then thats exactly what it is. Again maybe he isnt running this parts but now guys from Waco and central tx know they cant run those parts either not just wade. yet again guys he has beaten weekly at i37 race in the super stock class at SOS so whats the deal?

SOS officials are the ones that would make any call, I was ask to post some information and its information that I happen to agree with. Good luck

i've only been to shady oaks twice this year and both times i've seen a couple of our (i37) street stocks run with the pures and neither of them did very well. Ya'll pures (sos) are alot closer to our street stocks than our pures, jmo.

Danielson I was acually agreeing with you on this... What I am trying to say is that with so many different people from so many different tracks its going to be difficult for all of us to be the same on rules to where someone doesn't feel slighted... Personally I think it would be pretty cool if all of the Champions pair up with a Farm Truck and run some sort of race that would allow us all to run together and have fun and put on a show for the fans... Maybe have the Farm Truck guys run a 10-15 lapper to set the field for their counterpart Champion... Just a thought...

Marc

I do know one thing from what danielson has listed about the sos pure stock engine well yall have as much if not more than what I have , and worked all week on putn the legal shocks in, and the one time I have raced at sos the pures were pulln down the straits. And I can recall the winner had a full strait on the rest of us. I finished 6th in that race, so really what's the big deal?

Danielson I was acually agreeing with you on this... What I am trying to say is that with so many different people from so many different tracks its going to be difficult for all of us to be the same on rules to where someone doesn't feel slighted... Personally I think it would be pretty cool if all of the Champions pair up with a Farm Truck and run some sort of race that would allow us all to run together and have fun and put on a show for the fans... Maybe have the Farm Truck guys run a 10-15 lapper to set the field for their counterpart Champion... Just a thought...

Marc

Farm truck race for a hot dog and a 6 pack !!!!!!!!!

Danielson I was acually agreeing with you on this... What I am trying to say is that with so many different people from so many different tracks its going to be difficult for all of us to be the same on rules to where someone doesn't feel slighted... Personally I think it would be pretty cool if all of the Champions pair up with a Farm Truck and run some sort of race that would allow us all to run together and have fun and put on a show for the fans... Maybe have the Farm Truck guys run a 10-15 lapper to set the field for their counterpart Champion... Just a thought...Marc
Farm truck race for a hot dog and a 6 pack !!!!!!!!!
and bragging rights.

I do know one thing from what danielson has listed about the sos pure stock engine well yall have as much if not more than what I have , and worked all week on putn the legal shocks in, and the one time I have raced at sos the pures were pulln down the straits. And I can recall the winner had a full strait on the rest of us. I finished 6th in that race, so really what's the big deal?

Hey Wade we welcome you and for that matter anyone else that goes through the neccessary changes. I respect the fact that you have changed your shocks and am glad you did. Having your championship car in the pure stock feature is going to be another feather for SOS. With you stating what you have about your motor your obviously not going full out with the street stock motor options so I am looking forward to yet another top notch hotshoe thrown in the mix. I like sasspeedracer24 farm truck idea too thats cool! Maybe those guys can get the fans to pitch in and run for alittle cash. I know the last time it got up to $240 not bad.

Archived