There's a Yellow Fender Headed to the Havoc

Just got a phone call from a pretty well known shoe north of Houston that drives a Yellow fender car who's coming to run with the Pures at the Havoc. He's a multi-time Texas Grand winner, he just won $1k at Gator last Saturday and he wasn't orginally gonna get to come south considering the dates. But, he's decided to turn down another $1k to win race about an hour east of him on Saturday, and instead he's gonna drive south 3 hours to support this event. I thought that was pretty cool that he'd pass up another $1k to win so close to home, which he'd be an odds on favorite to win there as well, and instead head our way to support the Scribellito's. He's hoping a few will follow along with him once they hear he's on his way.

There's some very good Pure Stock drivers at SOS, and it'll be great to see them run with this guy. Should be a good cross section of talent on hand supporting this event!

We got any fender class lovers out there?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats great!, we need as many people to come join in the fun as we can get. :D I hope lots of every class show up, its really a fun and fast track, and for a great cause as well..

I suddenly got depressed realizing I sold my car a month too early and I'm gonna miss running in this one. dang... Oh well, I can live vicariously through the other Pure Stockers and my daughter... ;)

U SOLD IT :blink: MAN THAT CAR WAS FAST :) WE R LOOKING FOWARD TO SEEING U THERE THANKS FOR ALL UR HELP AND THE HELP FROM FELLOW TRACKS ITS GREAT TO HAVE EDNA AND CHORPUS HELP SOS I HAVE GOT CALLS FROM A LOT OF FELLOW DRIVERS AND FANS THAT R GOING TO MAKE THE TRIP I THINK THAT WE R GOING TO BE SUPRISED AT THE TURN OUT THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP

I think you're right on the car count Greg. Real glad some of the Houston Hobby's got on board. I received another phone call today from another Houston fender car and it looks like a few of them are jumping on for the haul down south. US 59 South on Saturday afternoon could look like a convoy. I also know of a 2nd generation San Antonio fender car driver heading down who hasn't run SOS previously this year... Given the count in Pures at the last couple of races, the visitors from Houston, Corpus and San Antonio areas, I'm guessing a B-Main as a real possibility in the Pure Stocks. That'd be very cool as I haven't see a B-Main in a long time for the fender cars. See who makes the A.

Hey Bobby Jack, you'll be there right?

Greg - What names do you know of on Mods or limiteds? I read Howard a while back, how bout Kenny Stone? I heard Danny and Steve Jr were likely... Others?

I think you're right on the car count Greg. Real glad some of the Houston Hobby's got on board. I received another phone call today from another Houston fender car and it looks like a few of them are jumping on for the haul down south. US 59 South on Saturday afternoon could look like a convoy. I also know of a 2nd generation San Antonio fender car driver heading down who hasn't run SOS previously this year... Given the count in Pures at the last couple of races, the visitors from Houston, Corpus and San Antonio areas, I'm guessing a B-Main as a real possibility in the Pure Stocks. That'd be very cool as I haven't see a B-Main in a long time for the fender cars. See who makes the A.

Hey Bobby Jack, you'll be there right?

Greg - What names do you know of on Mods or limiteds? I read Howard a while back, how bout Kenny Stone? I heard Danny and Steve Jr were likely... Others?

HOWARD SAID HE WILL BE DRIVING A LIMITED AND A LATE MODEL ALONG WITH A MOD DAVID HORNER SAID HE WAS COMING AND BRIAN GOT AN EMAIL FROM A LOT OF THE CHORPUS GUYS FOR MODS AS A LOT OF EDNA CARS ALSO GOING TO BE A REAL HO DOWN ;):lol::P

10-4 Iwill be there in the blue 88 purestock that is for sale. Scott in the #2, Curtis King #42 also coming, #84, #56 maybe.

Bobby Jack

cool, cool, cool. This event will have the 2009 STS Track Champion (Bobby Jack), 2009 TRP Track Champion (Chris Shafer), 2009 SOS Track Champion contendors (Chris Shafer and Robert Danielsen), and the multi-year Texas Grand Champion (Randy Seals). And, I may be missing another 2009 Track Champion coming that I'm not aware of. What''s the odds of having all of these shoes together on the track in one place again? Not real likely, I don't think.... Wow! Now, I've decided I'm glad I'm not running, cause them boys would put a spankin on me.

2009 gator track champ #2 Ronnie williams and possibly 2009 gator runner up #76 Daniel king too. been on the phone all day workin on some people.

Randy - Thank you for reaching out to your network like this. I know it will mean a lot to the Scribellitos to have all y'all running together for this cause. It truly will be great to see and the fans will for sure get to see a group of the best fender shoes across the entire Gulf Coast. So, at least 4 different 2009 Track Champs in the same class together along with the multi-year Texas Grand winner. :) By the way I heard from Matt today and undersand he's hooking up with the convoy and he was gonna work on Wes and Thomas as well with their limiteds...

shounds like all of texas is coming to jim s aid thats cools that all those track champs

are going to be at the show at one time i live calif and was on jim s racing team

please don t forget to post the pics so i can check out the action

thanks

retiredcrewmember

Archived