fall classic

Nathan

Wonder what they mean by open compitition rules? Might be fun to race the pure stock up there...

This is hands down one of my favorite races...relly sad I cant make it this year...open competition means...FAST....just to help you out Johnny Torres went up there with a fast street stock to run pures...lol (a few years ago) and so does everyone else....but it is still alot of fun...lol

"Open compition" means bring what you want. :ph34r:

ok..when I called to ask years ago what it menat...I was told...we want you to run the same class here that you run at your track...but there are almost no rules and no way to check...so..its sort of an honor system....never said i have to be legal for my tracks rules...he just wanted pures to run with pures...streets to run with streets...didnt want streets dropping down to pures...but hey...from what i have seen over the years...(have ran hot stocks street stocks and pure stocks there) the pure stocks have the most cars and most of the time the fastest cars...cause everyone thinks that will be easy pickens..lol yea..its almost a run what you brung race...almost...but...the locals can still win with there normal cars...lol

Don't let HOT's class names fool ya......

The Cruisers are already more like Pure Stocks...

The Pures like Street Stocks....

The Streets like Hot Stocks/Limited Late Model/Modified....

Taking your "true" Pure Stock there Marc, will be like taking a pea shooter to a gun fight. You'll need to find a set of 12" dirt tires to squeeze on those 8" rims, just for starters.....I'd also reinforce all door panels, front/rear bumper, etc.....This race is well known for its rough/abusive driving since it's a One Op deal so to speak....It tends to get WILD!!!!

your right AJ they can be rough from time to time but I still would love to be there with a car to run the track!!!! besides texas thunder it is my other favorite dirt track!!

.... OK D.. now put the real picture of the 02 up there.. isn't quite as nice looking now.. i think there are a few more dents to it..

Well broke in compared to when it won the B main last year!!!

I think there are a few fans in the stands that will be glad your driving instead of watching this time!

What do ya mean? But that is how she is today! :P:P I told Terry last night that I think I'm in a "no win" situation. I think I'm opening up a 'can of worns' becuase with me driving this year, IF I don't win a heat or qualifier or B main (like Terry did), I'm going to get harrassed all winter. Well on second thought, maybe I'll just not ride the wall all the way down the backstretch and we'll call it even. HA! D.

Duane, you'll get harressed anyway because I finished in front of you in Killeen all but 1 time this year.

and as of riding the back strait wall I bet you cant do it as good as I did last year.

All kidding aside I have no doubt you can do better at HOT than I did last year.

Archived