Shawn Lehman

Truck99

I got a phone call from Cary about an hour ago saying that Shawn Lehman, driver of the THR SS#5 and past SS champ, was injured at work today. Apparently doctors have had to remove his spleen, and he is in ICU at Brackenidge in Austin. I don't have any more information at this time. Please include Shawn in your prayers.

Chase

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just talked to Cary again. Shawn has been moved into a regular room at Brack, and it sounds like he is in stable condition now. He's still not with it enough to tell anyone what happened, but he sustained a punctured lung and had his spleen removed. Sounds like no phone calls or visitors until tomorrow.

cs

Hey gang..

Can someone get us out-of-town folks a phone number to call Shawn at? I'd like to call him while I'm up here in Ft. Worth. Is that possible?

Update on Shawn, He did have emegency surgery to remove his sleen, he had lost a liter of blood, he also has several fractured ribs and a spot on his lung that they will be watching closely. The surgeon said that he was doing verywell all things considered. He is not in a room yet he is in an entermediate ICU, he will probably not be ready for visitors for a few days, he is very sedated. We willkeep you posted. There is no phone # until he goes to a regular room.

Thanks very much for everyones sprayers.

Cheryl

Same as speedracer Ive never met ya before but i know your brother and I like what ya have to say on on hear most of the time. Get better soon and hurry back to the racin world. Oh hey dont race the wheelchairs in the hospital they dont like that.

Guest AYERS02

Shawn,

Get well, and hope to see you soon !!! Hell ..I don't have any Black

paint on my Blue car Yet !!!

take care and hurry back!!

Doug # 02

Shawn,

Get well soon ,I to am minus a spleen due to cancer surgery when I was in my twentys.Make sure the the incession is completly healed before you get to bussy and when you go back to racing be sure your fire suit is good quality and you wear nomex gloves shoes and nomex underwear.make sure your firesystem is the best money can buy.If you get burned without a spleen it's amuch bigger deal than it is when you have a spleen according to my doctors if you get a 30% burn it can be fatal.Good luck and get well soon well see you at the races sometime .

Thank you so much for all the wonderful thoughts & prayers for my husband.

We appreciate all the support and I personally want to thank all our friends and family in the racing community. Shawn is doing well and HE WILL TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!! He hopes to be racing soon in his world, however; his health wil come first in my world. Once again, thanks for all the kind words and prayers and we hope to see you soon at the race track.

Crystal Lehman

Archived