Shawn Lehman

Truck99

Shawn,

Tommy and I both wish you a speedy recovery. Please let us know if there's anything we can help you with. We've had our experience with Brackenridge, ICU, surgeries, therapy, and the enormous support from the the racing community. Take time to recover and listen to your doctors. Don't be timid to ask for help, anytime. We're here for ya and you're in our prayers.

Teresa

Guralracing@msn.com

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading all of these wondeful posts, one can only be glad to be a part of such a wonderful racing family!

Shawn, here's wishes for a quick and thorough recovery..Take care, and like everybody else here has stated, PLEASE let us know if we can do anything for you...

SHAWN I HOPE YOU WILL BE OK AS TOUGH AS YOU ARE YOU,LL BE BACK AND JUST AS GOOD AS EVER TAKE YOUR TIME BRO AND LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR, //////// OK FOLKS WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF WORK WHAT DO YOU NEED MORE THAN CASH? NOTHING , SO , I,M EVERY THING I WIN SAT NIGHT IS GOING TO SHAWN LETS SEE SOME MORE FRIENDS AND RACERS STEP UP THIS IS ONE OF OURS THAT NEEDS HELP////ANY IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY THUNDER ZONE FOR A DANCE THE WADDELL BRO, WILL PLAY FREE AND I,M SURE THERE ARE SOME COOKS OUT THERE WITH NOTHING TO DO LETS GO DO OUR PART IM NOT A ORGANIZER BUT I,LL DO THE LEG WORK 442 3070 HOME 441 5585 WORK 659 2801 CELL TRACY YOU DID GREAT ONE TIME BEFORE WADDY

I went and visited Shawn today and he is doing well. No matter how he is feeling, he can not get racing off his mind. He is what I would call a man that lives and breathes racing. Shawn is a very special man/friend and his wife Crystal is a wonderful lady and best friend. I just want to say how touched I am to see how the racing family comes together when another fellow racer is injured. Ya'll all are great people and the family I know appreciates everything. When talking with Crystal, she really expressed how much she appreciated all the prayers given.

Leland,

Count me in. I'll help with organizing a dance and dinner with you. If we can't get Thunder Zone I know we could get the Manchaca Firehall and get them to put something on the billboard. I'll try to get in touch with Clarence tomorrow and see if there are some open dates. PM me if you get any more information. I think we should do this very soon. If we can't swing it this weekend, then maybe a week night next week. When would you be available to do it?

Greg

Sigh, Shawn you are in all of our thoughts - hope you're up and around real soon. We are all there for ya. Can't keep a good man down!

Waddy & Greg - ain't the firehall one of Shawn's Grandpa's? I know they are all related. Count us in on the benefit. I can stop by the firehall friday to see when they have an opening....let me know.

RacingMom- when ya think he'll b up to something?

you been there for us Shawn - we'll be there for you. You got a lot of people behind ya ready to help get ya back up and running!

Shawn is doing very well for all he's been through,He does have a few things that they are keeping a close eye on.

He's still in the intermediate ICU Room 614 @ Brackenridge

the best way to go is from the parking garage straight across to that intrance, then straight to the elevator.

Phone 364-7614

Visiting hours are

9am -10am

12:30pm-1:30pm

4:30pm-6:00pm

8:30pm-9:pm

Only 4 at a time and they are pretty strick about all the above.

Again Thanks for every ones thoughts and prayers.

And GOOOOD LUCK to everyone at TMS

Cheryl

Count me in Leland. I'll do what I can. I left a message with Brian Callaway last night with a suggestion that we get an organized "pass the helmet" going at intermission on April 10th at THR. I am sure we can make it happen. Chuck can help talk it up.

Leland ,

count me in.

I will help however I can.

Maybe we can have a Silent Auction at the track, and people can donate items for the Auction for people to bid on.

I would be able to come up with an OLD dale Earnhardt Die cast car that is still in the box that I can donate. I have a few otherr Racing items that I can donate as well.

We could make this a Raffel.

Maybe This could be done at the Dance Hall as well , and just promote it at the track.

Shawn has done a lot for us over the years, and we will do what ever we can to help him & Crystal through these times.

Bryan lane

The Silent Auction would be something that Brian C. would need to approve.

All of the proceeds would go to shawn.

Just got news from Crystal that he is being moved to Room 830 sometime today. I am headed to the hospital right now, will reply later.

Yes that's all he thinks about is the race car.

Also thanks for everything your doing. This did happen at work so it will hopefully be covered by workers comp.

Once again, I would like to acknowledge all the messages of good wishes and prayers for Shawn. Your friendly sentiments are heartly appreciated.

Shawn is being moved today to room 830 at Brakenridge. He is still being watched very closely. If you plan on coming to see him, please do not bring small kids and please be in great health. His immune system is low and I do not want him to get an infection.

Shawn is still in a lot of pain because of his ribs and he needs to do special breathing treatments every hour so he does not get fluid in his lungs and get pneumonia. He is very sedated too. Overall he is doing well. He still can not eat or drink anything so that is one of his many complaints at this time. ONE DAY AT A TIME! HE IS VERY HEAD STRONG AND HE WILL PULL THRU THIS.

Again, I can not express how touched we are by all the many concerns and support from the racing community. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts and good luck to everyone during the racing season. We hope to see you soon.

Sincerely

Crystal Lehman

Sunday morining update, Shawn is doing good, he says he felt a little better yesterday, maybe he over did it, they had told him a few of the things that will have to happen before he gets out,(and he want's out) and maybe he worked alittle too hard yesterday.

His doctor said that maybe he can go home Tuesday, if everythings keeps going as good as it has. He did ask to be taken off the morphine drip, not that the pain is gone he still has his vicadin(sorry to the drug manufaturers if I miss spell your drugs).

Again Thanks so very much for all the prayers,good thoughts and everything that's going on.It is keeping his spirits up to know that he has so many great friends pulling for his recovery.

Thanks so very much

Cheryl

PS: There's not much doubt in my mind that his car will be there on the 10th. But I have been known to be wrong.

Archived