Not Looking Too Good For Jeremy

ShortTrackFan

from what i read, and it sounds like the same article as kathy, he said he has a huge sponsor lined up and when he is cleared to drive again, he will approach top teams with his sponsor in hand and try to drive for a top team. he said he isnt interested in running in the back anymore. guess we'll never know who that huge sponsor is. he might as well build him a street stock and start tinkering at a local track, i doubt he will be back in nascar anytime soon. especially after he got the injunction before and kind of made nascar look like they actually lost a battle for once. they will not let him back, he will be blackballed from nascar. especially after all the stupid comments he made to the media about nascar.

Yes, that is the same one I read.

And unfortunately, I agree. No matter the outcome now. I think he is done.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this just about does it. Todays Austin American-Statesman Quote "Mayfield suspended-Jeremy Mayfield is back under suspension for a failed drug test after an appeals court ruled in Nascar's favor"

i'm a big shane hmeil fan. the guy got popped time after time (3x i think).in my opinion one of the best racecar drivers of my time with the most raw talent........he took his medicine for breaking the rules and never played the hide and wait game with nascar.

i'm pretty sure he is clean now,but nascar will never have him back and i doubt any teams would want the black cloud that comes with him. he is racing USAC now along with other series and i still light up like a kid at christmas when i get to watch him race.

my point is like i said,,,,,,,,he took it like a man.

I agree Shawn. All this kicking up dust and name calling did no one any good. By the way, the Jayski website said that Mayfield sold his team and that was the day after he claimed the big sponsor deal. Still scratching my head on this one. Lots of double talk and since most of it was from one source. :blink: As I mentioned in an earlier post, Jeremy may as well go run local LMs somewhere cause win or lose he is done for with NASCAR.

i wanna throw the dah? question out there..................REALLY,,he's taking allergy medicine for two staight months? if my allergies were that bad i would have seeked specialty attention,NOT kept on taking the same old stuff for 2 months. needless to say if that is what is giving him a false positive or not,,,,,,,BUT what is that doing to his bo i agree 100% <_<

i dont know about all that. he ruined his credibility with the name calling and sarcastic remarks. if he was not guilty, why not let the results do the talking and just remain quiet. if he has been doing meth for as long as his step mother claims, why didnt the judge make him submit to a hair follicle test or blood test before revoking his suspension in the beginning. if he came up negative, leave him alone and move on. if he came back positive, kick him out for good and move on. the back and forth will end up hurting both nascar and Jeremy by the time it is over.

i dont know about all that. he ruined his credibility with the name calling and sarcastic remarks. if he was not guilty, why not let the results do the talking and just remain quiet. if he has been doing meth for as long as his step mother claims, why didnt the judge make him submit to a hair follicle test or blood test before revoking his suspension in the beginning. if he came up negative, leave him alone and move on. if he came back positive, kick him out for good and move on. the back and forth will end up hurting both Nascar and Jeremy by the time it is over.

Like I said before, It Doesn't Matter Anymore, he doesn't own a cup team now. Sold it to a GA. business man that fields the 08/60 for Boris Said & others. Unless Nascar did some really stupid stuff in this drug program & their law suit, he'll never have the funds to start a Cup team again. Mayfield could have over come the drug issues, look at some of the predecessors that came back, then screwd up again. He simply couldn't over come his own stupidity & mouth. He gave everyone a glimse as to the kind of person he is back when he drove for both Evernham & Penske. This shouldn't really be that big of a suprise. I really liked him early in his career too. I agree with a previous poster that talked about Shane Hmeil. This guy really had some talent, and a dad in the business that knew how to him looked at. What a shame.

• 2 years later...

is it possible he was on meth for allergies and the weed was to treat his glocoma? or maybe just maybe mike helton dresses up in a grizzley bear disguise and snuck into his house and planted it there. perhaps! perhaps mr betty crocker himself did it with the help of the keebler elves? Or maybe jeremy mayfield let all that octoane 95 go to his head and was having one heck of a holloween party dirty redneck style!!

If he is smart he will ask nascar for help because of the high stress fast pace enviroment of racing drove him to drug use. Then become a speaker and a mentor for drug addictied nascar fansalso he could go aroudn the country speaking about drug use then get a book deal and a movie of the week! Thats right jermey this is america dont let a little thing like this get you down with the right spin on things you go right back to the top! I mean it could be worse you coulda been drunk and high and driven your car into a lake and let your girlfriend drown, that will get you to a us senate seat for life!!! (alledgedly)

:( In addition to all the drug problems one of the articles said he had stolen Red Bull property, that was what the search warrant was for and they also found drugs. He really has hit bottom, now he can get rich on publicity deals!! :o

The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office told CBS affiliate WBTV that detectives found dozens of guns, 1 ½ grams of meth and a number of items that had been reported stolen from a trucking company in Lincolnton, N.C.

The firearms ranged from antique guns to high-powered rifles. The guns are currently being run through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Fireams and Explosives gun tracing system to determine if any were reported stolen.

The stolen goods included heavy machinery, scrap metal, welders, engraving machines and electric motor components.

All the goods were reported stolen by two trucking companies: Lee Boy Inc. and Larry Grant Inc.

Tom Weese, of Lee Family Real Estate, LTD, told WBTV that roughly $65,000 worth of items were stolen from his business last year. He recovered most of his goods Tuesday night after Mayfield's arrest.

losing (or having stolen) 65K is enough to ruin most of us...

I can not post my opinion of Jeremy - I would be banned for life over the only language I can think of.

Yep, and as expected Jeremy has denied any knowledge of stolen items on his property and denies having any meth on his property. I wonder which politician he learned that line from?

DRUG ADDICTION IS A DISEASE NO BODY WANTS TO LIVE THAT LIFE sure the first few times is for fun but it quickly can consume your life Alright lets get real I am Bobby Hansen Thunder Stock 99 aand I am 2 days out of my second rehab I used Meth coke vicodin and lots of Alcohol for over 10 years my preferred drug was meth and I did a lot of it ! ! ! ! 2 years ago I completed a 30 day stay At a great rehab Facility called The Right Step in Wimberly I stayed clean and Sober for about a year and 3 months then I slipped and started Drinking and eating Vicodin again well 30 days ago I had enough I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and after a lot of talks with my good friend Aaron Brungot and lots and lots of praying I decided to go back to REHAB this time I was scared to death and never wanted it more like I said I got out 2 days ago and I attended my first Alcoholics Anonymous meeting tonight and I am humbled by all the people in there from all walks of life I tell yall this cause a lot of people sound very judgemental OR just tottally ignorant of the Subject I hope Jermey Mayfield gets help and dosent die from his disease . Drug Addiction is a Disease it can take everything from you and then kill you all the whole time you hopefully dont kill someone else It has taken me Thousands of dollars and hours and hours of process groups to teach me just a few simple things First I dont have to stay sober a year 6 months or a week all I have to do is stay sober today sometimes I am doing it hour by hour and minute by minute but I am staying sober Next there are 5 relatively easy yet hard things to help me Stay sober 1. I Humbly ask God each mourning to help me stay sober 2. I go to meetings 3. I got a sponser 4. I am working the steps 5. Bigbook I know I know Half of yall dont give a ###### half dont have a clue what I am talking about and a few are wondering why if it sounds so easy why is it so hard So be careful how you treat people you never know the battles they are fighting on the inside SO this next year I am going for 2 championships Thunder Stock champion and MOST of all SOBRIETY !! ! ! ! ! ! ******* DISCLAIMER just in case anybody is wondering I never drove my race car under the influence of any drug *******

Bobby

It takes a lot to get on an open forum and tell this about what you are going through. Many of us have skelatons in our closets that we dont want to get out. You have decided to turn your life around. Right now Im not concerned with Jermey Mayfield. Im concerned with one of our own. That would be you. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help please let me know. We are Family and Family takes care of each other. Please feel free to call me ANY time 24/7.

PAPA

210-618-2345

ITS EASY TO BE JUDGMENTAL ...I AM GUILTY...HELL I LOVE FAST FOOD ..HAMBURGERS .HOT DOGS ..COKE.. DR PEPPER .. JUST PLAIN OLD JUNK FOOD ....I CANT QUIT SMOKING ..OR WONT IS THE WORD ..I USE TO DRINK .I MADE A PROMISE TO MYSELF . IF I MADE IT HOME AND CANT REMEMBER HOW I GOT THERE ..I HAD TO QUIT .....LUCKY FOR ME MY UNCLE OWNED A SHRIMP BOAT .I THOUGHT WHAT BETTER WAY TO GET SOBER ..STAYING OUT ON THE WATER FOR DAYS PLUS AT A TIME .[ I WORKED OIL FIELD THEN ]..WAS TOUGH . ..THAT WAS 1974,,,IN 75 HE DIED ..I ALMOST FELL BACK INTO DRINKING ..JUST BECAUSE OF HIS DEATH ; WHAT AN EXCUSE ;...HE WOULD NOT APPROVE .SO I DIDN'T .............. IT WAS TOUGH .I MISSED MY BEER .NOT TO MENTION THAT WAS REALLY HARD WORK .....BUT ILL EVER BE THANKFUL TO HIM ......................................... JUST TO ADMIT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM TO YOURSELF ISN'T AN EASY ONE .......BUT TO OPEN UP AND LET THE WORLD KNOW HAS TO BE MUCH HARDER .....EVEN THOSE WHO YOU RACE AGAINST MOST PROBABLY DID NOT KNOW .NOW KNOWS OR SOON WILL .IS SOMETHING NOT MANY COULD DO ..... THAT WILL BE A BIG PART OF YOUR HEALING .............AND PULL THROUGH YOU WILL .. YOU WOKE SOME OF US UP WHO FELL ASLEEP .... THANKS AND GOOD LUCK ..WE WILL PULL FOR YOU .....

Bobby - God Bless You! You have made a very important step in saving yourself and family from the horrible disease of addiction. In this world today, many people are so judgmental and quick to point the finger of blame to everyone but themselves. I was also hopeful Jeremy could get his life back in order, because sounded like he was dealing with very difficult times with his family. It's even harder to clean up, when you don't have a strong belief in yourself to be able to do it, as well as family and friends who care. Well you've got that here. I grew up in an abusive alcoholic family, that destroyed and killed my father and grandfather. And sadly, now the same with my little brother and cousin. It breaks my heart to see it and hope you'll be cured. It can be done! Addiction is a complex deal, that needs both the physical and mental issues fixed to be successful long-term. I'll PM you info on alternative treatments, that you may be interested in.

Praying for you and your family,

Teresa

Archived