Not Looking Too Good For Jeremy

ShortTrackFan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree about the "looks" part. I mean that is bogus, but a couple of you guys is why we have to unlock prisons to let innocent people out every now and then. I'll wait, and listen, and call him a meth head junkie when all the facts get straight. I'd rather do that than eat crow like a few of you might have to.

.......and a few of you guys could be the reason convicted child molesters are set free to take it a step further the 2nd time.

you just ate crow.

.......and a few of you guys could be the reason convicted child molesters are set free to take it a step further the 2nd time.

you just ate crow.

bingo ...he has gone through this twice .and has tested positive ..funny how he hasnt come out with a private test other than nascar.s .....................eating crow .i have had my share ..just add salt and pepper .a bell pepper .limon juice ... makes it more likable ...the main point here .is nascar needs to know what drug.s you are taking ..if you fell to tell them and get nailed .then take the spanking...it isnt nascar.s fault ...

you just ate crow.

bingo ...he has gone through this twice .and has tested positive ..funny how he hasnt come out with a private test other than nascar.s .....................eating crow .i have had my share ..just add salt and pepper .a bell pepper .limon juice ... makes it more likable ...the main point here .is nascar needs to know what drug.s you are taking ..if you fell to tell them and get nailed .then take the spanking...it isnt nascar.s fault ...

Crazyhorse & Oldtimer I agree with you all 100%. If it looks like a duck quacks like a duck IT IS A DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

you just ate crow.

You are obviously very emotionally charged on this "meth thang". Nice post though, I like the comeback, I just don't happen to agree with you. I do agree as far as criminal rights go, I don't think they should have any, if in fact they are guilty. I do think due process should prevail though, in all cases. You or I may be in the wrong place at the right time some day and I hope I atleast get a fair trial. You want to sit in front of a hanging jury then go for it.

nah,,, not super emotional about it. was meant to be more humorous than serious.

but you did use our opinions as a reason for some unjustice.....i was pointing out that it's a two way street.

two fine people were just murdered in florida, because primarily of drug use and funds for those drugs. i'm not saying mayfield fits that bill,,,,,but if i were a competitor of his i would not want to be racing against or be willing to put my life in his hands.it's not like he's the guy that comes over and paints your back fence or trims your hedges. he is responsable for a 3500# bullet. until he proofs to be clean he should not have any legal rights to use it.

i'll face a hanging jury....and take my medicine if i can't show reasonable proof otherwise. which he has not.

In our Justice system, a suspect is always considered innocent until proven guilty but I do not believe we are talking about a criminal case here, but rather a civil case which falls under a whole different set of rules. Mayfield failed a drug screening which is a rule established by NASCAR in order to protect other participants in the sport and by failing that drug screening he broke the rule and was suspended. As I understood it, he was to be given subsequent test after a priod of time at which point the suspension could have either became permanent or dropped depending on the outcome. Mayfield appealed that decision and won and as courts allow, NASCAR appealed that decision. The judge that granted Mayfields appeal did not erase the fact that Mayfield had failed the drug test, but rather gave Mayfield the ability to race until the further testing would be conducted. The most recent drug screening gave NASCAR reason to ask the court to vacate his reinstatement for the safety of other participants. Mayfield has every opportunity to clear himself and if he has taken all those drug test that he claims he has then why doesn't he present them to the court which would have allowed the judge to grant his appeal in an entirely different light. Since he failed the initial test he claims he has taken six separate drug screenings by independent drug screeners yet none of them have been validated.

If you are looking at this as a curious bystander then you see NASCAR showing two official documents attesting to failed drug test and on the other side you hear about six

test that proved to be clean. If you are the judge, which one do you believe. An authenticated document or what someone told you.

Mayfield has made some serious allegations and has threatened law suits so the drama continues. I don't know which way it will go but I know which way it is leaning right now. I am afraid Mayfield is trying the case in the media which seems to be a popular tactic nowadays but we all know the courts will not make a decision based on a poll or a popularity contest. Time will tell.

:blink:

Im so glad that all of us on here are so perfect that we can pass judgment on Jeremy no matter if he is innocent or guilty.

AS MUCH AS I WANT MAYFIELD TO RACE. I LIKE MAYFIELD ...BUT SO FAR HE HAS NOT PROVEN HE IS INNOCENT ... LIKE I SAID AND DANO SAID .HE HAS NOT BROUGHT ANY OF HIS OUTSIDE TEST TO THE TABLE .... I AS AN OLD DRIVER AND SOMETIMES AM A DRIVER .DO NOT WANT ANYONE WHO HAS FELLED A DRUG OR DRINKING TEST TO EVEN BE NEAR A RACECAR .......... WE HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF TORN UP CARS BECUZ OF EITHER DRINKING AND RACEN .OR MAYBE DRUGS .........IF I HAVE TO EAT CROW ON THIS WITH MAYFIELD .I WILL ..AND I HOPE THAT CROW COMES COOKED ... PLUS SEEING HE IS TRYING THIS CASE OUT IN THE PUBLIC . AND NASCAR IS WINNING AT THIS POINT .THEN HE WILL BE JUGDED GUILTY .......AND I DONT BUY THE STEPMOTHER CRAP ..THEY DONT LIKE EACH OTHER AND WHAT BETTER WAY FOR HER TO GET AT HIM ..I JUGDE THIS BY WHAT MAYFIELD HAS PROVEN OR LACK OF CUZ IN A COURT OF LAW .I BEING A JURIST .WOULD NOT FIND IN HIS FAVOR AT THIS MOMENT .

Im so glad that all of us on here are so perfect that we can pass judgment on Jeremy no matter if he is innocent or guilty.

i'm not perfect,,,,,,but i don't use meth, so i'm closer to perfect than he is.

i'm not perfect,,,,,,but i don't use meth, so i'm closer to perfect than he is.

SP,

I'd say same here on the not being perfect part... I dont consider myself clueless as Neal put it, but here is what is funny... I have a very close friend who is with Homeland Security, As a Border Patrol Agent he was on loan to the DEA in Laredo, Texas. One of the jobs his task force did was monitor not only for "BAD" Border Patrol Agents, but also for "BAD" Local, County and DPS officers. Oh, wait did I say "BAD" law enforcement; gee do you really think they sat around playing hearts ALL NIGHT! He said some of the very people he went through training with were some of the people they arrested... I can apprecaite passion and I can appreciate being passionate towards ones cause or beliefs cause My Lord knows I am. (self edited)

Mark

PAPA,

I'm with you. We are a society that passes judgement way to quick. He deserves a chance to prove he is innocent. If he is guilty it will come out. Hopefully he will admit his wrong ask for forgiveness and make an effort to get help...

If it werent for grace we would all be TOAST...

Mark

Gerald, I don't think anyone here is claiming to be perfect and I don't really see many of these entrys trying to hang Jeremy.

Everyone is simply airing what they read about this on various websites and on the TV sports and news channels. What is

perceived is that NASCAR is presenting documents to the court and Jeremy is firing back with allegations. You don't convince

many judges with that approach. The only document presented by Mayfield was a paper stating a person identified by number only,

passed a drug screening and specifically stated negative for meth. His lawyer went on to say the number relates back to Jeremy at

the Lab where the test was taken. Why since this is going to court, is it not authenticated in Jeremy's name?

Any Judge will demand that his name be there or documentation be presented that validates that it is a drug screen of Mayfield.

OK, I don't doubt that it is but then Jeremy claimed he took 6 separate test so why is there only one result? These are not just my

questions Gerald, the Judge will probably ask him the same thing. This is simply turning into a big cat and mouse game and its not

going to reflect well on either Mayfield or NASCAR regardless of the outcome.

If Jeremy is cleared and I hope he is, just how many sponsors do you think are going to line up to

sign him on. Controversy always leaves bad marks regardless of outcome. I can understand Jeremy

fighting this but at the same time I would tell him "Where's the beef?" JMO (Just my opinion in case one does not

know what it means) and I have put this at the end of every post on this subject. :blink:

OK, Been reading about this thread and I have to say, YOU DONT HAVE TO LOOK LIKE A JUNKIE TO BE A ONE! There are users in all walks of life and every type of profession. There are doctors, lawyers (Defense that is LOL) and politicians that use. So quit watching CSI and and all those other shows that portray the text book "junkie" and open your eyes to the real world we live in. As a whole there is a huge problem with drugs , but most people have their heads buried in the TV or their perfect little world and as long as it doent affect them its ok. You have only seen the far extreme side of the scale when it comes to meth users. There are far more people on the other side that appear normal. Meth affects people in different ways, some it makes go down hill faster than others, Some it takes longer to see the effects, Such as "Meth Mouth", The Meth Bugs, and Paranoia. These are just some of the symptoms of a tweeker. If you cant tell I have no patience for people who are clueless!

No offense Neal, but if he has been using for SEVEN YEARS as alledged by his step mom, then he should have the rotten teeth, the gaunt look and the muscle twitches. Unless you have seen it first hand, you can't imagine the damage this drug can do and how quickly it can do it. And yes, unfortunately, I have had family involved.

Latest on Jeremy, from Jayski--

Carter buys Mayfield's team: Tony Furr, Jeremy Mayfield's long-time crew chief, says that Mayfield has sold his [#41] team [hauler and cars] to Georgia businessman, John Carter, who has been in racing for a while [the #08 Carter Simo Racing team], and Furr says he expected Labonte to run the rest of the season with the team, in as many races as it can make. Furr says the team will continue running out of Mayfield's old shop. Furr is overseeing the operation, and said Friday morning Mayfield may well be at Indianapolis Motor Speedway sometime this weekend. However NASCAR won a legal appeal Friday afternoon in the U.S. 4th circuit court of appeals that should put Mayfield back on suspension. The latest legal move, in NASCAR's favor, would apparently put Mayfield back on suspension, until the court case itself can be resolved. And that case might not get going for several months."John Carter owns it, bought it from Jeremy," Furr says. "I haven't talked with Jeremy in about a week so I don't know if he'll be here. Terry is going to run the car wherever we run it, and we may run it the rest of the year, don't know yet." Toyota's Joey Arrington is doing the motors; Jeremy Lafave is the crew chief. Furr says he himself "is mainly a consultant."(MikeMulhern.net), also as announced a few weeks ago, Boris Said is scheduled to run some races in the #08, running a Ford with Frankie Stoddard as the crew chief, supposedly at Watkins Glen and Talladega. No word if Mayfield's #41 team owner race attempts (12 attempts) and owners points transferred over to the #08 team.(7-24-2009)

I read earlier this week he had some big sponsor all most signed. A big time one. That's what he said. Now I read the judge made it where he can't race again.

I still ain't looking good for him.

was it a big sponsor--OR--big dealer? sorry..jus had to ask

from what i read, and it sounds like the same article as kathy, he said he has a huge sponsor lined up and when he is cleared to drive again, he will approach top teams with his sponsor in hand and try to drive for a top team. he said he isnt interested in running in the back anymore. guess we'll never know who that huge sponsor is. he might as well build him a street stock and start tinkering at a local track, i doubt he will be back in nascar anytime soon. especially after he got the injunction before and kind of made nascar look like they actually lost a battle for once. they will not let him back, he will be blackballed from nascar. especially after all the stupid comments he made to the media about nascar.

Archived