Houston Mod Race on 5/7

jracer98

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retired Fan I dont understand your post!! How is the Houston race good for the Modifieds?? According to Grham Baker they will be running under TAMS rules. This will not allow the average dirt car to be competive. I know this from having tried to run with them. What will happen is that you will have a hand full of TAMS cars run the show. That means that there wont be a full field of cars & will make the Mods look bad. If it was IMCA rules I think you would draw a lot more cars and would have a full field of cars. Now before everyone gets up set, I am not saying anything bad about TAMS, I think they do a great job and put on a great show. But, with the SA race the next night I think it would have been better to do the IMCA rules.

Thats true but how many other dirt cars are in TAMS. Also how much would it cost to change over for one race??? Lets see 6 tires at $90.00 each 2 springs at $30.00 each maybe a couple of shocks at $65.00 each, see my point. Why do all of this for one show that does not pay that good past first place.

racerx,

I deleted both of NO35KRACING's posts in this thread because they were bashes directed at a specific individual. I also removed two of his posts that should have been addressed to me or Jason instead of posted in this thread.

Nick Holt

Well i guess you have all the sponsorship to offset 35k in expenses for one season in TAMS.

Anyway, I know the rules and i guess your CPA does also. the rest of us will just continue to spend 10-15k in a great series and you have fun in ROMCO.

By the way when will you guys race your first ROMCO race.

Don't know. Still trying to get a motor together and machine shop hasn't finished work yet. We were going to try for TMS but now looks like it will have to be CCMS. This year will be a limited schedule (only enough to keep our sponsors happy) while we learn what we're doing. You probably don't remember, but our 1st of 3 years in TAMS we only ran 4 races. Same plan for ROMCO.

Archived