Just a word of thanks...

SASPEEDRACER24

As long as I have been going to I37 I have never had any issues with anyone when I ask for help or advice. Be it Greg Dinsmore, Chris Swenson, Charlie Henley, Jason Kelly, Gary Hunter, everyone has been a great help. You are all class acts and the reason why people like me have a chance to do something special when they get inside the car. That is the reason why I enjoy racing where I do now. Sure we wish we had full fields in every class and I personally miss seeing the mods (most of the time working on my car lol) But I just think these guys needed some recognition. Going from photgrapher to driver hasn't been easy but these guys make it alot easier to understand and comprehend... Ok off my soapbox.. See ya'll Fri.

Marc

P.S. I want to apologize to anyone I left out... lol

I second that Marc. We have a GREAT group of guys, that will do what it takes to help others, even their own competition. They will give their shirts off there backs if they wanted too. Several drivers have helped us as well. Thank You!

It is nice to have recognition and just a hand shake and a thank you!!!

i will take a hand shack lol finally somebody that see the good every body always says bad things on hear about I-37 and I-37 has the best group of people around and they try to make every body happy remember this DR JO AND HIS WIFE AND JIM & ERIC are not out to make it rich they just love the sport of racing and thank you to that :lol: :lol: :lol:JMO

post-9510-1242178758.gif

I HAVE SEEN A FEW OF THE NEGATIVE VIBES ABOUT I 37 AND HEARD SOME NEGATIVE THINGS PRIOR TO ME RACING THERE...I AM THE TYPE THAT LIKES TO FORM MY OWN OPINION...AND MY OPINION IS I LIKE IT (EVEN IF I HAD NOT WON) THE TRACK IS FAST IT IS SMOOTH...MOST OF THE DRIVERS ARE CLEAN, THE STAFF SEEMS TO BE NICE TECH SEEMED LIKE THEY KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON..

THE FOOD WAS HOT IT TASTED FRESH..THE SHOW RAN AT A STEADY PACE...I BARLEY KNOW MARC (THE 24) AND CHARLES E. (THE 29) BUT THEY WHERE REALLY NICE AND OFFERED ME EVERY THING THEY HAD...

THE FANS I MET WHERE REALLY INTO THE RACING. I GUESS CAUSE I HAD A FANCY DRIVING SUITE THE FANS THOUGHT I DROVE A BETTER LOOKING CAR. SO SEVERAL POEPLE STOPPED ME IN THE STANDS TO ASK QUESTIONS....I HAVE BEEN TO ALOT OF DIRT TRACKS AND THIS PLACE IS ONE OF THE BETTER LOCAL TYPE TRACKS...I HOPE ALL THE NAYSAYERS REALIZE WHAT THEY HAVE SO THE PLACE CAN STAY OPEN...THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE IS THE POINTS SYSTEM LINE UP BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS......IT GIVES NEWBIES A BETTER SHOT AT GETTING THEM A WIN AND I LIKE TO DRIVE THROUGH TRAFFIC SO I GUESS IT AINT THAT BAD...SURE CAN MAKE A SHOW OUT OF IT...

looneedude,

There are some racers that I used to have a lot of respect for as a fan. My son and I cheered for them and we would defend them in the stands when certain fans would bad mouth them. I now would not walk across the street to see them if the admission were free. We travel all over the state to watch races and I now make a point of not spending a single dime where I think they may show up. It truly is a shame when people think they are bigger than life itself.

looneedude,

There are some racers that I used to have a lot of respect for as a fan. My son and I cheered for them and we would defend them in the stands when certain fans would bad mouth them. I now would not walk across the street to see them if the admission were free. We travel all over the state to watch races and I now make a point of not spending a single dime where I think they may show up. It truly is a shame when people think they are bigger than life itself.

SGS,

that is an interseting but true statement...

i have said this several times. you pay to get into sea world, fiesta texas or wherever. do you get or have the right to tell them how or when to run there shows? i understand that times are tough and money is short for some, but as SGS has said we all have the right to spend our money where we want to and if someone we dont like has an affiliation we dont have to go there.... i have seen the best of friendships and relationships(ties) broken because someone didn't get their way.... For the most part we a all adults and should set the example...

i for one love I-37, i wish i had more time to help out and more money to sponsor at a big level... i consider Jim, Eric and the whole family to be great friends. I don't know the G's that well yet, but in time i'm sure i will...

Marc, thanks for your kind words and thanks for being a friend of the track. Thanks for all you have done in the past for us from taking pictures to loaning us tires(David's truck)...

We all need to pull together!

Mark

dear sgs

that is very sad i am very sorry as a driver/car owner and fan that you have had this experience...

i drive the the 31 pure stock.. i am a transplant from houston....so now racing at i-37 i know just a few people..i also race the #36 pro truck at houston/kyle and the #70 pro stock at houston..i always try to take the time to talk with any fan (and sign any kids forehead lol kinda my trade mark at hmp) i am not the best driver out there by far but....always try to be good to people no matter how old what color what religion, what they look like on the out side etc. any time i am at a track near you you are more than welcome to come hang out, pit crew, ask questions or tell me how bad i suck i dont mind...cause it would really suck to race infront of empty grand stands........................lynn...oh and i changed my mind i am gonna show up at i 37 tonight.. and marc any time dude

dear sgs

that is very sad i am very sorry as a driver/car owner and fan that you have had this experience...

i drive the the 31 pure stock.. i am a transplant from houston....so now racing at i-37 i know just a few people..i also race the #36 pro truck at houston/kyle and the #70 pro stock at houston..i always try to take the time to talk with any fan (and sign any kids forehead lol kinda my trade mark at hmp) i am not the best driver out there by far but....always try to be good to people no matter how old what color what religion, what they look like on the out side etc. any time i am at a track near you you are more than welcome to come hang out, pit crew, ask questions or tell me how bad i suck i dont mind...cause it would really suck to race infront of empty grand stands........................lynn...oh and i changed my mind i am gonna show up at i 37 tonight.. and marc any time dude

very well said...

dear sgs

Thanks for the offer and you do an outstanding job with the fans, I have watched you before. I have been around this sport for a long time and have been on both sides of the fence. I really like this track and feel the staff go out of their way to make it joyable (not perfect) for all involved.

As long as I have been going to I37 I have never had any issues with anyone when I ask for help or advice. Be it Greg Dinsmore, Chris Swenson, Charlie Henley, Jason Kelly, Gary Hunter, everyone has been a great help. You are all class acts and the reason why people like me have a chance to do something special when they get inside the car. That is the reason why I enjoy racing where I do now. Sure we wish we had full fields in every class and I personally miss seeing the mods (most of the time working on my

car lol) But I just think these guys needed some recognition. Going from photgrapher to driver hasn't been easy but these guys make it alot easier to understand and comprehend... Ok off my soapbox.. See ya'll Fri.

Marc

P.S. I want to apologize to anyone I left out... lol

marc, i agree totally i rolled mr hunters car last week, and last night barry gave me a new shock. everyone came up to me and asked me if i was ok and told me good things to up my spirits mr bartocsh has always been supportive with advice. the hunter family has given more than their shirts to me and it is an honor to be part of their team so i agree with you marc. this is a great family at the track and they need more recignition!!!

SGS , I am just a fan for many years and from time to time seen what has happened to you. But one driver/crew is a small part of a tracks show. To quit going to a track just because of one guy isn't fair to the track or the other 30,40 or whatever other drivers. The way I see it if you don't go to the races just because that guy is there then he wins.We as fans can't let folks like that win. We have to be there for all the guys and gals who do it right.

Then boo the ones that don't j/k. Actually no don't let one guy ruin it for you. I've grown up going to racetracks all over the state and of course there's a few drivers that I didn't care for but I've always had my favorites too and grew up right around the corner from one of them and have had several cars in the neighborhood. All of those guys are the ones that kept me going to the tracks they raced at. Sadly the neighbor I had isn't racing anymore but we're having a blast watching his son follow daddy's footsteps in the go-karts. Not only the neighbors and favorites have been very cordial to me and my family all these years but 99% of the drivers are very friendly and respectful at all times. We went to Edna for the Hudgeon's celebration night and that's the first and only time I've been there but I can guarantee it won't be the last. One of their dwarf drivers caught me gawking at his cars and asked how many I wanted to take home with me and it's that kind of stuff that I remember. The races are great but most of the people are hanging out talking to each other and that's even with an on track run in that happened that night. Goliad's always been enjoyable and how do I miss the days of going to SAS and Longhorn, never a dull night at those two places, even remember winning a book and a bomber driver's autograph at Longhorn. Don't know how many pictures we have of me sitting in or next to race cars while on the trailor. I've been very lucky to have grown up around great drivers and great people like the Kelly's, Carlucci's, Yoeman's, Rapp's, etc and even walking around the pits now at my home track (STS) most of the guys get along and all talk to each other and help each other and feuds don't typically last long there. Alot of the guys from SA have come down as well as Edna and ran with our guys and they've all been the same way even when one driver was DQd we had a conversation with them and made sure to thank them for coming down eventhough their night ended in disappointment. Point being, most of these guys are good with the fans and know they won't be able to do what they do if we as fans didn't go. I haven't been to I37 in a few years but do hope they make it and it seems like the drivers do like it there and I see more good than bad about management, that's a good sign support them and keep yourself from having to travel to see a race.

Archived