Dale JR

landlord

Anyone but me wondering what the deal is with Dale Jr.He is in the best cars and still can't get the job done.I think it's B.S. that Hendrick would even consider moving Mark Martins crew chief over to Jr.Thats a slap in the face to Mark in my opinion!!!!!!!

didnt hear that one ..to me it looks like jr has let his popularity take over ..and needs to settle down ... his crew chief needs to be replaced ..he is old news . but to take marks ...that would be insane ..

that was a rumor started by a low grade website. there has been no talk about switch crew cheifs. I heard it from rick himself on nascar radio.

he has run good, but just cant close the deal. not sure what the deal is with him and his pit stops this season, but it is getting old. every week it is an issue on pit road. alot of times it is him doing it to himself. right now he is the only full time hendrick car not in the chase. mark martin's team this year was rumored to have gotten the bad pieces last season with casey mears, but with the same equipment, mark is getting it done. so that proves it is quality equipment. so it all comes down to jr. either he is not getting the job done or his cousin is not getting it done. it was sad that everything with a hendrick logo on it was in the top 10 besides jr. that does not look good for him, cause he was a 20th place car all race.

I was wondering, if Jr. should be drug tested a little more, the crap of missing his pit every week is getting old. I think they should get rid of his crew chief and then if he can't pick up the pace, send him packing too. I know he is getting good equipment.

they need to do something, but it isnt his crew chief that is missing the dang pit box every week. he obviously makes the right adjustments to the car cause he runs good when he isnt screwing up on pit road. maybe he isnt counting jr down to his pit, but other then that, not much else he can do to help him on that part of it. and other then making the wrong adjustment the week before this due to miscommunication, majority of the problems on pit road were of jr's doing. maybe all of his personal business ventures are destracting him from driving the damn car. when he first started he didnt have jr motorsports, didnt have whiskey river and didnt have all the millions of product endorsements. he was just a driver and he did fairly well. now he is being pulled so many different directions and is losing his focus on what he is being paid to do.

If they are going to do some crew chief swapping over at Hendrick, give Jr Chac Knaus. Jimmy seems to be able to win with Chad at home on the couch. Then we'll see two things. Is it Tony Jr. that is stinking up the show and if Jimmy is making Chad look like a genius. I am a Jr fan but like most, It's time he mans up and lets personal feelings go before Tony Jr. cost him his ride. :angry: Keslowski coming in 7th with a part time ride was NOT what Jr needed Saturday night. Did not help his cause whatsoever.

<_< Appearantly, Going to Hendrick and getting the best equipment hasn't helped the boy. I don't see a "fire" in his eyes. Seems he's happy just being the most popular. The Boy's got plenty of cash, maybe he should focus on being a team owner instead of a driver. I heard that Hendrick is real interested in signing Keselowski, but I think it's unfair to assume they would send Mark Martin down the road, hell Mark's got two wins this season. Maybe Keselowski should drive the 88 car and let Jr figure out what the hell's his problem. :huh: I was a big Jr fan, back in the Bud \ #8 days. His move to Hendrick bothered me, but he had to do what he had to do. Sad to see that DEI will never be the force that Dale Sr had envisioned for his company.

Having a famous last name doesn't mean you got "it". Kyle Petty proved that. His boy Adam had "it". Maybe Jr ain't all that. I still like the guy, but he needs to show something about what he wants. Jr fans don't get upset, I am not bashing your driver. JMO on the subject. Hopefully he can come around and win a race or two. Lenny66 B)

nobody is assuming they will put brad in the 5, that was the plan. mark was going to run full time this season and maybe part time next season and then step aside for brad to take over the 5. but mark resigned for next season full time, so that is good. gives brad another part time season and more seat time. 2 races and 2 top 10 finishes, doesnt help jr at all. and then for stewart haas to have both cars in the top 10. everything with hendrick power was in the top 10 except jr. that is really going to put some questions out there. and he was never in the top 10 all night. he was a 20th place car all night. im not a jimmie fan, but you gotta respect how that team has their stuff together. started dead last, was in the top 5 thru pit stragedy by lap 50. got spun out in the pits and started in the back again, and came back to finish second. jeff gordon, was near the front all race, had some issues and came back to finish top 10. mark and brad ran top 10 all race. same with stewart and newman. so we know the equipment is top notch. comes down to crew chief or driver.

JR too distracted, too many other things to do. When JR went to the 88, I said wow he and Alan Gustafson are going to be really good, but they brought in his cuz, sure would like to see him with someone else, but all the others have won so I guess that team is stuck as-is.

they should try a crew chief swap for a few races to see if it works out. the bad thing is, jr has been defending tony jr and if they switch him off the box, jr might feel burned and not give 100%. however if someone was to cheat up jr's car a bit, tony jr would get a suspension for a few races which will give them a few races to see if it is the crew chief or not. not like he will miss losing a few points anyway since he is not near the chase yet. might be able to make them up with the interim crew chief. lmao

I dont think Jr can figure out the car of tomorrow,the adjustments,or how to adapt his driving to make the car faster.Maybe hes having trouble telling his crew what it needs.he isnt the only one that looks like they are having trouble with this.kasey kane,robby gordon are 2 that did alot better on a weekly basic in the old cars.neither one looks like they could even win.You add this to Jr inability to find his pit and its not going to look good.Almost every one will agree he as the equipment to win so what should hendrick do at the end of the season.By the way I am a big Dale Jr fan and nascar isnt as fun to watch for me since he is hardly ever in the top ten

i agree and im in the same boat. im a huge jr fan, but not much to cheer for as of late. good point on the car of tomorrow transition. denny hamlin doesnt seem to have it quite figured out either and he was kicking butt a couple of years ago. they say the cot is really tempermental to slight changes. maybe the changes they were used to throwing at it in the past are taking them out of the ball park now. not sure but i wish they could pull it together

I like his crew chief but I dont think he is right for Jr. Someone needs to put a boot in Jr's a$$ and get his head back in the game. It seems that everyone is afraid to confront him. He spends more time complaining about problems and not working on solutions. JMO

Every time i go to TMS i get on JR's channel and listen to the chatter and what i here is JR does not talk to his crew chef during the race to tell him what is going on with the car and just before he comes in for a pit stop he tells the crew chief what is going on in the car and i think he is guessing half the time. I know when i am on the track i know what the car is doing and if i could talk to Cody at that time we could make adjustments better but when i come off the track and try to remember what happen to the car during the race it takes a while of thinking about it to get it wright. Also the last race her they did count him down to his pit but that was the first time i remember hearing that and he didn't miss his pit that day.

Archived