enough already

Over the last two weeks as my wife puts up a fight for her life I have come back from houston to some very disturbing messages left for mitzi and myself, The worst of which wished her a long slow and painful death. I cannot subject her to this inhumane retoric. That being said I cannot in good faith continue to operate this facility. I throw in the towel. To those of you who did this may god have mercy on your souls

Goodbye

All business in reference to this facility should be directed to carol yocum

I am so sorry you have to go through this. No one should have to hear that kind of thing. I have never meet you or your wife but I wish there was something I could do for you both. I understand how you feel about running the track at this time. It is very sad. You have to think of her first and foremost.

I totally agree with PAPA. People who stoop this low to bother anyone during trying times obviously are not playing with a full deck. I just hope that this or these idiots

realize that someday they will be judged by GOD and HE knows everything that we do. Hope they can handle lots of heat.

It is sad that their are such ignorant and ruthless people out there. Please know we are all praying for Mitzi to have a full recovery. God is very powerful, just have faith. That being said, thank you for the true effort and sweat and tears you spent trying to make a go of that place. There are still many people who appreciate you two and all that you did. God bless you both!

My prayers are with Mitzi and also with Michael and are hoping for a full recovery for Mitzi.I am sorry for the trash talk from the cowards but thats not important when a persons life mate is at risk.Nothing is more important than family and I am sure God will protect his children.

Thank you guys for a great 2008 and the chance to spend some time with people I truly care about.Please get well Mitzi. G.B.

WOW!..... what a blow, in more ways than one! May the people responsible......nevermind, I won't stoop to their level. I change my mind, I can't refrain, I hope that the people have something they really love and............dangit, let me put it in a way all fellow racecar drivers and fans can understand (tastefully). May the people involved have a racecar and the motor blow the minute they push the starter button. There's no room for such tasteless, cowardly, ruthless acts in our racing community. We have someone who's been a part of our lives in trying times and needs some time alone to heal and someone has to resort to idiocy. BTW, I was really looking forward to seeing some asphalt racing, way to go brainiacs!Thoughts and prayers to the Rhodes!!!!

probably some one tooth wonder that had to make that call from his neighbors because when the wind blew to hard the other night it shifted his bumper hitch home and busted his telephone line.

prayers for you and your wife sir.

People who feel like big, powerful men by trashing decent folks who are trying to do something positive for others are sick. They are double-sick when they stomp folks who are facing life-threatening issues like the Rhodes are experiencing.

Mike, if you know who did this, let me know. I promise I won't tell anyone except a few of my racer friends who would like to offer this sicko an instant cure.

Nick

Micheal and MItzi,

I am so sorry to hear this some people just can't help but to hurt others.My prayers are with you both, hope that Mitzi has a full recovery.If there is anything I can do to help you have my number please dont hesitate to call.

Sincerely, Robin

People who feel like big, powerful men by trashing decent folks who are trying to do something positive for others are sick. They are double-sick when they stomp folks who are facing life-threatening issues like the Rhodes are experiencing.

Mike, if you know who did this, let me know. I promise I won't tell anyone except a few of my racer friends who would like to offer this sicko an instant cure.

Nick

Your right nick in all the right words and thoughts , its all got to be positive for mitzi & mike thru this time in life . Nick I know some wild and wooly racers also so you can count on all of us too

MIKE SORRY THIS IS GOING ON BOTH WITH MITZI AND SOME WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP PERSON WHO WOULD STOOP SO LOW TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ... ... TO THIS PERSON .YOU A HEARTLESS WORTHLESS PIECE OF I CANT SAY IT HERE .. OTHER THAN WHAT I HAVE ALREADY CALLED YOU ... YOU NEED A PRAYER SESSION AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHURCH ..... .................... AS I TOLD YOU AT MY WORK MIKE YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF MITZY ...PRAYING FOR HER RECOVERY ...........REMEMBER ONE THING ..YOU AND MITZY DO HAVE FRIENDS WHO CARE .......

Nick

Count me in, Nick.

Mike,

I'm Praying for you and Mitzi.

I hope her recovery is rapid and complete.

God Bless You Both.

Rosie

In the event someone were to find out who the culprits are, banning them from tracks statewide wouldnt be hard to do. I doubt any track owner/promotor would want someone like that at their facility in any capacity.
BANNING WOULD BE THE LEAST OF THIS PERSONS PROBLEM ...IN FACT HE OR SHE WOULD BE SMART ENOUGH TO BAN THEMSELFS ....IM SORRY WHAT WAS I THINGKING ....THEY ARENT SMART TO BEGIN WITH ...........

Mike

Like I said earlier the wife comes first...but....is there anything WE can do to help with the track in order for you guys to have a place to run this year? I live in SA but would gladly drive down daily to help. Im sure there are others that live closer that would help. Also...Is there anything you need that would help out you and the better half? IM VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. PLEASE let us know.

I agree with bonestock,what goes around comes around. Someone that says things like that needs to be commited. We don't need them in our sport.Mike, you made the right decision......Be with your wife.

Cary Stapp

I've never had the pleasure of meeting you or your wife....and I regret now that I never will. I am truly sorry that you and your wife had to be subjected to this kind of heartless and cruel rhetoric from a person or persons with a hole where their concious should be. I agree that if the culprit is found, he/she should be banned from motorsports for life. I can't imagine the agony of what you and your wife are going through. Oldtimer apprised me of your situation when we were down ther for the Pinewood Derby in Flour Bluff. Our prayers are with you and your wife. Keep your faith.....and do what you feel is best for you and your wife. We had planned on racing at Corpus Christi Speedway for the first time this year,and we are disappointed that we will not be able to experience the hospitality you and your track has become known for.

God Bless You Both,

Nick

If you find out who did this Nick, I'd like to help them see the light.....

I believe GOD has a formula that this idiot needs to think about. It is said that what comes around, goes around and this idiots day will happen. Our every deed here on earth is monitored from ABOVE and we will be judged by these deeds. For this idiot, he can be assured that GOD forgives all if you step forward and confess your sins. But I seriously this freak is not intelligent enough to do that since he lacked the intellingence not to do something that cruel in the first place. <_<

Although I did not go to C.C. Speedway many times last season I was impressed with the effort you all went through to open and run the track.Most impressive is you always paid full purses and did what you said you would do. To have someone leave a message like that there is not a word strong enough to describe a person like that. I hope you take up Nick's offer and not let this person get away with it. If he/she is in the racing community they need to be expelled immediately. May your wife have a speedy and full recovery and best of luck to you .

Archived