Oil dropping,gas staying steady

landlord

Instead of espousing pithy concern, they should make a fair profit and cut the public a break with the rest.

The last time I asked this it was like I peed in the hot tub. Everyone disappeared.

OK Ram,

You brought up the subject and I will pose the question. We have quite a diverse group here and we may have the knowledge to answer this......

WHAT IS A FAIR PROFIT?

They don't need to teach morals (or ethics) in college. They need to teach economics in high school.

TQ,

They do teach it, or at least they used to, but that doesn’t mean everyone learned it!

still 3.99 in north carolina for unleaded

just got back from charlotte this weekend too, apperently there is some sort of gas shortage there too.. I dont watch much news since i dont have the time, so there may be a story behind that, but i tried must have been 3 or 4 gas stations, none of them had gas, and when i found one, it was well over $4/gal... but down here in charleston, SC it's at $3.69 i believe for regular...

-Shawn

They don't need to teach morals (or ethics) in college. They need to teach economics in high school.

i dont know about schools where ever it may be elsewhere but down here in corpus at all the high schools we are required to have economics to graduate

Whitey and Cheez it 7-

Glad to hear economics is a required subject in Corpus Christi. It wasn't always that way, and it's not that way everywhere, but you really can't vote from an informed viewpoint if you've never had at least a macro economics course.

I may be ridiculed for this, but I am going to say it. I hate paying $4 per gallon for gas, or even $3 per gallon. But most of us are paying 20-35% in taxes each year, but some are paying as much as 50%. Exxon for one, made $30 Billion last year, that is a lot of money, but they also paid $40 billion in taxes. That is before spending any money on research or any of that good stuff that is required by the government. On top of all that tax, the 60,000 people that they employ, also paid taxes, millions of dollars of taxes. The ones making the profit are the US government. I am not saying that the gas prices are right, I am saying that 8 years ago George Bush introduced a bill that would allow us to drill in Alaska, that by now would have minimized our dependance on foriegn oil. Now, everyone is mad that we are dependant on foreign oil and that it is all Bush's fault. They say that drilling in Alaska would take 10 years to ecenomically begin to help. Hell, only 2 more years, right!!! The democrats want relief now, Bush saw it 8 years ago, and democrats refused the bill. Now, I am not saying Bush is a hero, but I am saying, that was one thing he was dead on about. Now, bad mouth Bush, or do something about it. I buy gas from Conoco gas stations, because they use mostly US oil. Make a statement and find out where your gas is coming from. And next time someone says we shouldn't drill for oil in Alaska because of the Caraboo, tell them, Caraboo tastes like Chicken, you should try it!!! Now yo guys can have a real reason to hate me because I don't blame the oil companies for the price of gas, I blame the democrats in congress that threw out the bill that would have saved us money today.

I was so happy to pay 2.99 for gas a minute ago I texted my friends in Michigan and California and they texted me back calling me a certain body part that is dark and smelly. Then was asked what the price of diesel is and I said 3.61 and he texted back saying diesel in San Jose is 3.80 but regular unleaded is 3.60

The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell.............................205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco...........144,332,000 barrels

Exxon/Mobil.................130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway....117,740,000 barrels

Amoco..........................62,231,000 barrels

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)

The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $100 per barrel, that's over $550 million PER DAY ($200 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!! It won't stop here - oil prices could go to $200 a barrel or higher if we keep buying their product.

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco...............0 barrels

Conoco...............0 barrels

Sinclair...............0 barrels

BP/Phillips..........0 barrels

Hess. .................0 barrels

ARC0 .................0 barrels

Maverick............0 barrels

Flying J. .............0 barrels

Valero................0 barrels

and Murphy Oil USA*....0 barrels - Sold at Wal-Mart , gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.

In the Birmingham Area we saw gas drop almost a dollar a gallon since Monday. It dropped overnight, almost as quickly as it went up which was good. Today, we're seeing 3.19 - 3.14 for 87 oct. A cash station owner that I know said by early next week we'll be sub 3.00.

In the last 2-3 years we've paid congressman 125,000 a year to investigate steroids in baseball while the economy has hit the tank and gas prices have soared. Seems like there might have been more important things to investigate after all...

The shortage that plagued the southeast, was created by distributers. The news was getting from distributers out here that they were having a hard time to get gas from refineries that were still shut down from Ike... well it's like suddenly someone flipped the switch and they all miraculously came back online in 1 week.

Archived