Chase races may not be seen in SA

BobbyChaffee

Understandedly the most important topic at the moment is hurricane Ike, but please take a moment to review the following if you have Time Warner Cable-San Antonio.

I found a major potential nightmare for us race fans living with Time Warner Cable-San Antonio. It was annouced that TWC and KSAT 12 could not come to an agreement on a contract. KSAT will be dropped from the TWC-SA Line up. That means that we can not watch the races that make up the chase for the Sprint Cup.

Follow the line to the story to know were to direct your complaints.

http://www.ksatcommunity.com/

This is not a new thing between KSAT and TWC, and it is not a done deal.

The recent FCC mandated digital television transition no longer requires cable operators to re-broadcast or re-transmit local broadcasters feeds.

It looks like KSAT thought up a revenue generator and wants TWC to pay them for rebroadcasting their signal. TWC does not pay the other local stations to do this, and they will not do it with KSAT.

TWC is not dropping KSAT; KSAT is trying to strong-arm TWC for more money.

And I am not defending TWC here, I have my issues with their service. But we need to look a little deeper than just the KSAT announcement.

This is not a new thing between KSAT and TWC, and it is not a done deal.

The recent FCC mandated digital television transition no longer requires cable operators to re-broadcast or re-transmit local broadcasters feeds.

It looks like KSAT thought up a revenue generator and wants TWC to pay them for rebroadcasting their signal. TWC does not pay the other local stations to do this, and they will not do it with KSAT.

TWC is not dropping KSAT; KSAT is trying to strong-arm TWC for more money.

And I am not defending TWC here, I have my issues with their service. But we need to look a little deeper than just the KSAT announcement.

THANKS FOR POSTING THAT. I WORK FOR TWC AND WE ARE ALWAYS THE BAD GUY. FROM MY UNDERSTANDING THE CONTRACT HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL THE TWO SIDES CAN REACH AN AGREEMENT. GREED IS A SIN. BUT BUSINESS IS BUSINESS

I don't know how this all works, but couldn't they go with maybe the Austin ABC affiliate? I don't see why not, I have one channel that's based out of Chicago (channel 17 or 18) :blink: .

I BELIEVE THAT 18(WGN) AND 12(TBS) ARE PART OF TWC. ONE IS TURNER BROADCAST SOMETING AND THE OTHER IS WARNER SOMETHING. COULD BE WRONG BUT PRETTY SURE.

MAYBE YA'LL CAN COMPLAIN TO KSAT FOR THINKING THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE REST OF THE LOCAL NETWORKS. ONLY CH. 5 HAS THEIR NEWS IN HD. IF ANYTHING THEY SHOULD BE THE ONE LOOKING FOR MORE MONEY. CH 12 COVERAGE OF THE RACES SUCKED LAST YEAR. HOPEFULLY IT IS BETTER THIS YEAR.

I called TWC & they told me that they do not plan on dropping KSAT any time soon. They are in contract negotiations with KSAT. They said that KSAT wants to be paid for broadcasting their programs. None of the other local channels get paid. Of course, if KSAT gets paid, that cost is then passed on down to the consumer, US. Sounds like TWC isn't the bad guy, but maybe KSAT is. I don't want to pay for a local channel. Cable bill is high enough. I'm glad I called to get the other side of the story.

I haven't had any problems with TWC. I called a while back because my cable bill was too high, they was able to lower it without a problem. Amazing what a phone call can do.