Sad News

jakdad

Chipmonk lost his life Sunday night in a traffic accident. Our prayers go out to the Hall Family.

A 71-year-old Pasadena man remains jailed today in connection with the weekend death of a Texas Department of Transportation worker.

Ray Wilson is charged with failure to stop and render aid and intoxication manslaughter.

Police said Wilson struck David Hall, 42, a TxDOT construction worker, at 100 North Travis at 9:20 p.m. Saturday and then left the scene.

Wilson was driving a Ford Contour north on Travis when he drove around a TxDOT truck blocking a left lane, police said. Hall was standing in the left lane assisting a clean-up crew that was backing out of the HOV lane entrance.

Wilson drove about a quarter mile before being stopped by an off-duty Houston police sergeant who witnessed the accident.

Hall was pronounced dead at the scene.

Wilson is being held in the Harris County Jail in lieu of $40,000 bond.

Regards to his family. Rest in Peace Chipmonk. It's a sad thing death, especially to someone so young and undeserving. More tragic than his death is the pain of those left behind. When someone dies in a family, the whole family changes to try to adjust. That family member had played an important role. As the family grieves for the one who has passed away, they must accept the simple fact that nothing will ever be the same. Hopefully the transition will not be any more painful that it has to be.

Well said Mark. My condolences also to the family. In some small way, at least his words and thoughts can live on through this forum. He was a good contributor. I'm going to bump a thread he started to the top. He had a good idea, and got an excellent response from the members on it.

sad news .hope that driver never see.s the light of day again ... i heard a 5 year tell my mother after a drunk hit them head on in front of my moms house . He said i know my mom is gone ..please tell her i love her .that was in 1979 ..i have never forgotten ......its a very sad day for the hall family aswell as for speedzoners .i have never met him but have injoyed his threads ........all this for some pleasure of a drink ... i have no sypathy for drunk drivers ....for you that drink and drive .,let this be a lesson ...a family and friends are hurting . is it worth it ..

MAY HE REST IN PIECE .

Davey was a very good person, always upbeat, easy to get along with and loved racing. I met Davey thru his Dad when we he was 6 and I was 12. His Dad Dave Hall Sr. used to help my Dad on his super modified. I remember back then how Davey loved to be right in the middle asking questions and trying to fiqure out how things worked. I had not seen or heard from Davey for roughly 30 years and one day I was posting on TSZ and he responded. That was about March of this year and he started helping me on my modified that we race at HMP. Davey showed up and jumped right in like he had been there before. Sadly we destroyed our car about 6 weeks ago and I was leaving to go to Ohio to pick up a new modified when Daveys wife called and gave me the bad news. Davey will be missed but he will not be forgotten and I am sure he is at a race track in heaven helping someone else, not just watching. To Dave and Bertha Hall our pryers are with you. Do not hesitate to call if I can do anything to help out.

Sinceraly..........David Garner.............337-296-6472

Archived