Crude down again today,closed at $119.17 a barrel"

landlord

After and all time high of $147.22 a barrel,crude is down to $119.17!!!!!!Why is a gallon of gas/diesel still so high.I'm not buying the fuel(in the storage tanks)is still at the old price excuse,because when the crude went UP a nickle a barrel(price at the pump would jump) and it was the same stuff in the storage tanks then too. <_<

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah heard this morning on the new where the government is trying to get Iraq to start using there money for reconstruction cost seeing they are sitting on a 50+ billion dollar surplus from all the high oil profits.

Yeah heard this morning on the new where the government is trying to get Iraq to start using there money for reconstruction cost seeing they are sitting on a 50+ billion dollar surplus from all the high oil profits.

That is WAY OVERDUE!! It's about time they thought about that, guess question is how hard will they push

I'm sure Iraq won't jump right at the proposition.

That is WAY OVERDUE!! It's about time they thought about that, guess question is how hard will they push

I'm sure Iraq won't jump right at the proposition.

If not, then we need to pull all our men and women out immeditately. They need to come home anyway.

OK.. If i was so greatfull for someone doing something for me, i would ask them, "How much do I owe you"

If the US has to go in there demanding repayment, sounds like to me we aren't appreciated anyway...

Don't get me wrong, I served with the US Army & was in Korea for a year..

Many Korean's didn't want us there..& made dang sure we were told about it..

They didn't blow us up.. They had picket lines & such... but we didn't trust them.. i had bomb duty at the front gate many times... just to watch our back..

US went to war in iraq because of oil, Mr. H (may he toss & turn in his grave) was greedy & kept all the money the country was making off oil. The US goverment wanted to free that money up & Get a seat at the OPEC table. Right now... Iraq has the upper hand, I haven't seen one bit of Greatfull appreciation towards the efforts.

But i haven't been to iraq & Media outlets only paint the picture they want or are paid too...

Wow.. Off the horse now...

1 word answer... GREED~!!

"Compared to the same time last year, however, refineries are pumping out significantly less product. According to Beutel, refineries operated at an average level of 93.6% in the same week over the past 7 years.

Refineries operated at reduced levels because the price of gasoline has dropped significantly in the past month as have crude oil prices, according to Beutel. "Gas prices should be a lot higher in terms of where crude prices are," he said. "

CNN Full article: http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/06/markets/oi...sion=2008080612

heard rumor gunner it was 4.40's on grand ave & I35.. going to check that today...

found that the CP area is one of the last to lower Fuel prices, round rock's aways been cheaper for me...

aaron I hate to disagree you but when it comes to gas prices I find that there are at least two to four stations in cedar park that have the lowest prices in town. I drive from waco to seguin and everwhere between the too.

Archived