Crude down again today,closed at $119.17 a barrel"

landlord

Don't hold your breath waiting for fuel prices to drop below three bucks a gallon.

I don't plan to but if they do start drilling off shore and throw in the Alaska drilling gas prices could feasibly get back down to that range. Just remember these above two bucks a gallon came about as a result of the Katrina and Rita hurricanes, not the OPEC cutbacks. :unsure:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy the prices...going up any day now.Russia not only invading Georgia,but they are trying to blow up their pipeline that controls 3% of the worlds oil supply,as I write this.Georgia was one of a handful of nations that backed the U.S. in Iraq.Can we afford to turn our backs on them?If we help...it surely means war with Russia.If we don't help them it just means we have absolutely no allies anymore.What nation would have our backs if they know we would just turn-coat?

I just returned from Tulsa after 4 days of racing and paid 3.30 a gal up there and now I'm heading to Baton Rouge Wed for a race this weekend so I'll bring Gustav and his hi gas prices back to Austin Monday.I'm just glad the track I'm working in Louisanna is paying my expenses.

When oil went up because of Hurricane Gustave, gas prices quickly followed suit. Since oil dropped $4.00 a barrel today because Gustav isn't causing as big a disruption as originally thought, will gas prices come down tomorrow? or even by Wednesday?

I think not

When oil went up because of Hurricane Gustave, gas prices quickly followed suit. Since oil dropped $4.00 a barrel today because Gustav isn't causing as big a disruption as originally thought, will gas prices come down tomorrow? or even by Wednesday?

I think not

History has shown that they only go up fast and come down slow. So don't expect those prices to get back to pre-Gustav range anytime real soon. They will find some other excuse to slow down the drop like they always do when they want to inflate prices. I think this last increase had some to do with the holiday weekend too but they did not want to admit that. <_<

Archived