Limited Modifieds at HMP

Scoot_DAWG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is not for you that is okay kemac, good luck to you in whatever you do race. Thanks for the many that are truly interested in the class, again if you have any question feel free to view www.limitedmodifieds.com or give me a ring @ anytime 713-894-3748.

Thanks,

Brad Dixon

Brad,

I might bring my limited before we put a front clip on it. It is UGLY, but I just might bring it. I got to see how much damage was done, but I think it is raceable. I might take parts off the pro stock to get it ready. Looks like I might park that car after tomorrow.

Arthur

their is no reason why the rules can't be like the pro mod , pro stock motor rules. buying a crate is not that exspensive, but a bad head gasket you have to pull the motor and take it to a certified shop just to change it . there are alot of racers who could do that themselfs in one evening& $ 100.00. For those who don't know motors a crate is good.Their has to be a way to make almost every one happy. Which I think would increase the number of guys coming from dirt this year and next .All they need is tires. just my opinion,it sounds like it could be a good class.Good luck

Forget making the crate mandatory, make it a option. Keep the tire rules like they are for your invitational and you might spark more interest. Keep the engine rules like the rest of the sport mods, not just the 5 races, it should be obvious that crates are not the only answer, look how well TSRS is doing. It is cheaper and easier to change your own head gasket instead of having to go to the authorized rebuilder every time.

If you think going with a crate is going to make life easier think again. If you think its going to make things cheaper in the long run it might untill guys start rebuilding brand new crates... Guess the thought may be that you can get a hand me down crate cheap rebuild it and go again but how often can you rebuild within tolerances? Just run with something similar to the IMCA Sportmod rules with a $500 swap rule. That would be more affordable than the crates and most everyone has a motor that would be useful...

If you think going with a crate is going to make life easier think again. If you think its going to make things cheaper in the long run it might untill guys start rebuilding brand new crates... Guess the thought may be that you can get a hand me down crate cheap rebuild it and go again but how often can you rebuild within tolerances? Just run with something similar to the IMCA Sportmod rules with a $500 swap rule. That would be more affordable than the crates and most everyone has a motor that would be useful...

makes it too easy and inviting post-2448-1218686988.gif

hey guys , their just trying to get the series going again ,give em' a break and try it for a few races you may be suprised at how much fun you'll have , maybe further on the rules can be tweeked to help bring more cars in ,but for right now try it like it is ,if you don't like it good luck at the dirt tracks ,just for the record we ran a ford in the class a couple of years ago with some success but don't have a limited anymore, have fun!! B)

I’m interested in buying a car to race at hmp, ideally I wish I could run a camaro there because there are so many camaros available out there and it would help the car count. Since that’s not an option I am looking at limited mod or a pro stock. The one thing holding me back on a limited is the crate motor, I like the idea of being able to work on my own motor. I know the crate motor is supposed to be good for less teching, but when you look at all the previous post we all know what’s possible. The pro mods and the pro stocks have both built and crate motors, why cant the limited do that too?

I’m interested in buying a car to race at hmp, ideally I wish I could run a camaro there because there are so many camaros available out there and it would help the car count. Since that’s not an option I am looking at limited mod or a pro stock. The one thing holding me back on a limited is the crate motor, I like the idea of being able to work on my own motor. I know the crate motor is supposed to be good for less teching, but when you look at all the previous post we all know what’s possible. The pro mods and the pro stocks have both built and crate motors, why cant the limited do that too?

I have a good Pro Stock for sale. If you don't want the motor, I will sell it as a roller and keep the crate for my limited. Fast car every week, top 3 every race except 1 this season. Most races start from the rear. You could race this car this weekend if you want to buy it.

Mini I understand where you are coming from. If I can be of any help let me know. As far engines we will be running the 602's by the 5th scheduled race in 09. These 602 engines will be teched, engines at other tracks that are not legal have been caught, it will be no different at HMP. There is also a claim procedure that can and should be inacted when one feels it is necessary. Look forward to everyone that can make it out on 9-6-08, and again thank you to all that have expressed interest in the limited modifieds at HMP.

Personally, I think the crate is a good idea. In the pro stocks you have the option for running a purpose built motor, but there is not 1 in the class. Everyone runs a crate. For those of you that don't think the crate is cheaper, you are WRONG. I bought my crate used, for $2000 and haven't had to touch it in since I put it in, Other than changing the fluids and plugs. A purpose built motor would have cost more than double that.

Does anyone know how many cars are coming yet?

Archived