Limited Modifieds at HMP

Scoot_DAWG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just curious , if you run a non- crate motor can you run a 'brzezinski' intake or maybe a lightened trans.? just asking B)

These rules were written to take and make the best out of a class that is getting out of hand. I have been racing for 20 years in the houston area and have witnessed excessive overspending. There is a claim in 09 for engines, there will be an option for those who feel they are getting beat in the engine department. If anyone would like to contact me for further clarifications or concerns give me a ring @ 713-894-3748. ANY limited modified currently running under 2008 track rules will be legal for the remainder of 08 on the asphalt. In 2009 the car will have to meet all rules as stated @ www.limitedmodifieds.com. I thought it would be nice for a change to give the racers the rules for 09 as early as possible.

where will this class all be running next year?

Is the crate motor rule only a deffinet thing or will there still be an option?

Says in the rules that by the 5th scheduled race that the built motors will be phased out.That really sucks for us because we have 2 of these cars and 3 built motors to go in them.Everyone in the limited class(and theres a bunch)already has motors.So now we have to start all over and go spend a ton of money on new ones.This kind of crap right here is whats killing racing.

Says in the rules that by the 5th scheduled race that the built motors will be phased out.That really sucks for us because we have 2 of these cars and 3 built motors to go in them.Everyone in the limited class(and theres a bunch)already has motors.So now we have to start all over and go spend a ton of money on new ones.This kind of crap right here is whats killing racing.

I'm not buying a crate so it would leave me out. I just cant afford it. My motor I'm running now was built from scratch. The only thing I had was a set of heads that needed to be reworked and I still dont have as much in it as a crate motor would cost. That is with buying all the parts and the machine work.

I'm not buying a crate so it would leave me out. I just cant afford it. My motor I'm running now was built from scratch. The only thing I had was a set of heads that needed to be reworked and I still dont have as much in it as a crate motor would cost. That is with buying all the parts and the machine work.

Your not goin to be a lone ranger there is alot of people that will probably park them because of the money it will take to switch over.They should have just left the D.O.T. tire rule in place and they would'nt be having engine problems.

If you guys have any questions about these rules, you can call Brad, his number is on the webpage (713-894-3748). The Crate motors are not mandatory until next year, as I posted above, all legal dirt limiteds will be allowed. Besides how many times have you been to a track and had 4 free pitpasses waiting for you at the gate, then got paid at the end of the night? Sounds like it would be worth it to try at least once.

So if I show up with a ford "all legal dirt limiteds will be allowed" does that mean I can run?

Car count has dropped off by about 32 to 65% depending on which track in the houston area. This drop off has occurred before any of these rules I put together were written. Brezenski heads, intakes, custom ground cams, srp custom pistons, ect are a contributing factors of limiteds cost getting to high, resulting in one of the many contributing factors to low car count. I talked to one limited driver and he said he could get $2000 for his used motor to a bomber guy and put a $1000 more with it and have a new 602. He said he would have a $1000 in the rebuild anyway so it was no big deal.

Just called the number above and talked to the guy ramroding all this.This crate motor deal is for Asphault limiteds ONLY.It will not effect the dirt limiteds at all.He is trying to get this class going around here on the asphault.He seems to be a super nice guy thats been around racing for awhile and he has some good ideas.He plans on checking the crate motors so the seal want be a free ticket.This class is a really affordable class on dirt and I see no reason it should'nt be the same on pavement.It would be nice to see it take off with some good car counts.

Why not let them run any small block (Ford,Chevy,etc) and limit them to a 350 CFM 2 BBL carb. That way, you don't have to check engines. If a guy wants to run a 427 Small Block Ford, he still has to feed it through a small carb.

Why not let them run any small block (Ford,Chevy,etc) and limit them to a 350 CFM 2 BBL carb. That way, you don't have to check engines. If a guy wants to run a 427 Small Block Ford, he still has to feed it through a small carb.

The ASA is using that to allow the super motors to run with the crates.On tracks with long straights the 2 barrel big motor still has a slight advantage.I do agree that with a little bit of tweaking it would be a way to let everyone run what they want.

Car count has dropped off by about 32 to 65% depending on which track in the houston area. This drop off has occurred before any of these rules I put together were written. Brezenski heads, intakes, custom ground cams, srp custom pistons, ect are a contributing factors of limiteds cost getting to high, resulting in one of the many contributing factors to low car count. I talked to one limited driver and he said he could get $2000 for his used motor to a bomber guy and put a $1000 more with it and have a new 602. He said he would have a $1000 in the rebuild anyway so it was no big deal.

Then why not specify IMCA rules? They dont alow those things

Then why not specify IMCA rules? They dont alow those things

The IMCA may not allow it but it IS happening!!!!!! :(

What gear would work good for this track?

Someone else may chime in with more specific info, but I can tell you this. The track is a tight 3/8 mile, fairly good banking.

Mini, if you run at Edna (for some reason I'm thinking you do), the straights are a shorter, the turns wider, and the banking greater, at HMP versus Enda. HMP is somewhat of a "D" shaped track. And this year I haven't been out there lately, but it will take rubber in the 2nd groove.

Measurements I took via Google Earth of the two tracks show:

Track length

Top to bottom Track width

Edna 755' 315'

HMP 734' 400'

Another nicety(sp?) about HMP: great pits, with AC plugs about every 4 pits stalls (don't need to use your generator as much, just bring a long extension cord)

Yeah give me a (open)427 and a 350 2bbl, a piston sponsor, the fans some type of protective barrier cause It would be one fast time bomb. just look at the rules for the southern sport mods they are pretty good once you read them a few times.

What gear would work good for this track?

Someone else may chime in with more specific info, but I can tell you this. The track is a tight 3/8 mile, fairly good banking.

Mini, if you run at Edna (for some reason I'm thinking you do), the straights are a shorter, the turns wider, and the banking greater, at HMP versus Enda. HMP is somewhat of a "D" shaped track. And this year I haven't been out there lately, but it will take rubber in the 2nd groove.

Measurements I took via Google Earth of the two tracks show:

Track length

Edna 755' 315'

HMP 734' 400'

Another nicety(sp?) about HMP: great pits, with AC plugs about every 4 pits stalls (don't need to use your generator as much, just bring a long extension cord)

Actually I'm running at 105 which is a 3/8 mile semi banked track. I'm running a 6.26 final and turning about 6500rpm

Actually I'm running at 105 which is a 3/8 mile semi banked track. I'm running a 6.26 final and turning about 6500rpm

Ok. I've run 105 (and HMP).

Hmp is longer, with wider turns and the track top to bottom is wider. The banking at 105 and HMP are close.

Track length

105 607' 360'

HMP 734' 400'

My guess is you may not have enouugh gear for HMP. But like I said, someone else may step in with more specifics. Or just take your car out there for one of the Friday night practice sessions.

My guess is you may not have enouugh gear for HMP. But like I said, someone else may step in with more specifics. Or just take your car out there for one of the Friday night practice sessions.

thanks for the help and the offer to come practice but I'm in bastrop.

How does the track compare to THR?

How does the track compare to THR?

Most obvious difference: HMP has walls :o

At THR (been there but haven't run the track) seems like there is only 1 straight: front stretch in front of grandstand. For the looks of the trackand talkig to some that have run ther, at THR you seem to be truning throught the majority of the track. Also, looks like Turn 4 may be tougher to drive than the other corners.

HMP: good transition out of 2 to the backstretch, going into turn 3 seems tighter than going into turn 1.

Track width (top to bottom) between THR and HMP looked similar. (But lack of walls make THR seem wider...)

Good luck.

Many factors were taken into consideration in writing these rules. Blending what many racers have and keeping affordability in mind for the FUTURE of the class has led to this set of rules for the asphalt limited modifieds. An affordable competive class for all that enter is the goal for the asphalt limited modifieds. For those that have never run on asphalt this is a great opportunity to give it a try without doing much to your car other than washing it on the underside so no clods fall out on the track. As far as making a switch from dirt to asphalt is pretty much risk free. On 9-6-08 at HMP you will recieve four free pitpasses compliments of United Transport, it will pay $300 to win and $50 to start with no entry fee. If you are considering attending give me a ring @ 713-894-3748 more info can be found @www.limitedmodifieds.com, please note these are the rules for 2009, having the rules 5 months before 09 gets here and approximatley 8 months before the first race in 2009 hopefully this gives those interested plenty of time to know what they have to do to be compliant. In 2009 is when the rules will be enforced, until then come give it a try with what you have as long as it is legal for any current limited modified class

Thanks, Brad Dixon

Archived