Driver with Sponsorship looking for ride

joneill814

Hello all I am looking for a ride in the TSRS series for the remainder of 2008 and the 2009 season. I have been testing a NASCAR Whelen modified for a team out of New Hampshire and am tired of traveling up there to run. I am in the process of finalizing sponsorship just need a team to run with. I live here Austin and would love the run the TSRS races in Kyle starting in September. I am willing to pay for any test time I can get between now and September to ensure that I am ready to race at THS in September. If there are any interested teams please reply to this post or email me at info@jeffoneillracing.net. You can also check out my website at:

www.jeffoneillracing.net

video of me driving the Whelen Modified

Thank you

Jeff O'Neill

Excuse my ignorance but what is that suppose to mean. I would not be posting here if I were not serious about what I am trying to do. I can continue running the Modified up north, just wanted to race locally so my family can be involved. If need be I will buy my own car just thought I would try to get with a local team first. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I appreciate the feedback. So driving a NASCAR sanctioned modified doesn't count for anything around here I guess. I apologies to everyone for wasting your time on reading my post. I will take the post down so to not bother anyone. As some of you may or may not be aware of there are drivers that have started racing online that are now in NASCAR sanctioned series driving on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I really didn't expect this type of reception from my own folks here in Texas. Hopefully some day I will have the chance to race with you all but I don't see that happening in the near future after the response I have recieved today.

By the way check out Donny Lia's site, a CTS winner this year, and you will see that driving online can lead to good things. If there is a team out there that could benefit from sponsorship please feel free to contact me in the future.

Jeff,

Dont take it down. You sound like a guy named Carl Edwards. I think everyone thought he was crazy till a guy named Jack Roush took him up on his advance to fill in if anyone needed his help...

Dont give up on your dream and most certainly dont listen if your heart tells you to do something...

Mark

PS Are you interested in running in Mexico? No Im not kidding, NASCAR has sanctioned the Selca/Corona Series, now called NASCAR Mexico. We have some contacts in Mexico who from time to time are looking for American talent. Having sponsors is even better.

PM me your info and I'll make sure it gets passed along... No promises, just admire your willingness to your name out there... God Bless.

PSPS Ever have a chance to do a face to face with Dale Jr. Ask him why he like Martin Truex Jr. so much?

I appreciate the feedback. So driving a NASCAR sanctioned modified doesn't count for anything around here I guess. I apologies to everyone for wasting your time on reading my post. I will take the post down so to not bother anyone. As some of you may or may not be aware of there are drivers that have started racing online that are now in NASCAR sanctioned series driving on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I really didn't expect this type of reception from my own folks here in Texas. Hopefully some day I will have the chance to race with you all but I don't see that happening in the near future after the response I have recieved today.

By the way check out Donny Lia's site, a CTS winner this year, and you will see that driving online can lead to good things. If there is a team out there that could benefit from sponsorship please feel free to contact me in the future.

If you're that easily discouraged, you're barking up the wrong tree (racing that is.) Surely you understand from your experience in racing that your attempted method of getting into a car is 180 degrees from the norm, at least around here. That is most likely why you've received the limited feedback you have. Best of luck with your search.

Totally bogus guys. Hell, I could come here and say and do the same things Jeff has.lf he is

for real and really has what it takes, he being the Texan he says he is,

wll be out there in the pits Saturday night with a firm hand

shake and a "Look you in the Eye" attitude ready to prove to you he's the "real deal!"

Anybody can come on here and tell all kinds of wild stories, as we know from past experience.

Nick, you might want to delete this thread! <_<

I want to thank everyone that has provided me with positive feedback and those who haven't as well. I know that I will have to pay my dues just like I have in my professional life. I will be at THS tomorrow night and will be going through the pits to introduce myself to anyone willing to take the time to talk to me. I know what I am doing is not the norm. 15 years ago would have been when I needed to follow the norm way of going to get into a car. Unfortnately I never had the opportunity nor did I know anyone that could help me. I know alot of people look at online racing as a joke but that is what got me my opportunity to get in a car for the first time in my life. Maybe I have what it take and maybe I don't but it has been a dream of mine since I use to watch Cale Yarborough, Neil Bonnet, and old DW at the Nashville fairgrounds before moving to Texas. I can promise you all this, given the opportunity I will make the best of it. Mr. Hurley up in NH was gracious enough to take chance on me and put me in his Whelen Modified, a 500+ HP car and I not only drove it competively but I came within a few tenthes of setting a new track record. Some of you may laugh at me and that is fine you are entitled to your opinion and I respect all of your thoughts and opinions even though I may not agree. I could keep traveling up to NH and running the modified but I want my family to be able to watch me race, my kids have never seen me in a car and that would mean more to me than anything. If they only had the chance to watch me race once that would fullfil my dreams. Maybe I am crazy, maybe I am barking up the wrong tree, but like I tell my kids everyday the only way someone can call you a failure is if you don't try. I am trying and if I get a ride here it was a success, if I don't then it was still a success because atleast I gave it my all and I put it all on the line for a chance to live my dreams.

Anyone interested in talking with me tomorrow night at THS, so you will recognize me i will be wearing a black Time Warner Cable shirt and if you can take a few minutes to talk to me then I would greatly appreciate that.

i remember a driver thow i cant recall his name . built his own car .set it up .raced it won a few races over a couple of years .and all his back ground in racen was .remote controled cars ....he applied every thing he knew based off that kind of racen ..the car looked nice ..was fast .and was not a bad driver ..... good luck ...

Computer racing helps alot when your getting started.I just wish the REAL cars had a RESET button!!!!!!! :lol::D

Build a car and race it , THAT IS RACING. Not buying a ride so you can destroy someone elses equipment then just walk away. Look at cup and nationwide. There are atleast 5 guys in each that buy there way in with sponsorship and mediocre talant. Nothing personnal againt Mr. Oneill. I actually thought it was a joke at first, but then realized he was serious and for some reason felt a little insulted.

I really wish I could build my on car and run it but unfortnately I don't have the facilities to build a car, if I had a shop or a garage I could use I would definetly do that but I don't so that is why I am looking to join a team. I don't care what I drive, whether it is a Late Model or a Pro Stock or whatever I can get seat time in and race. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way but it is the only way I know how to go about trying.

I want to thank the #49 TSRS and the #99 TSRS teams for taking them time to talk with me this evening at THR. It was a pleasure speaking with both drivers and the advice they gave me and the time they took to talk with me was priceless. Thank you both and I look forward to talking with both of you guys again.

Archived