Texas Winged Modifieds

Dzu-Fast

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, Scott Trowell is the nephew of A. D. Trowell. He is driving the #23 in the TWMA along with my brother Terry (#55) and myself (#5). Tim White was our older brother and Charlie White was our dad. There are several drivers and crewman with the TWMA who have ties to a lot of the drivers from the 70's, 80's & 90's. The TWMA is hoping to even have some of the "old" wing mod drivers back with us at Cowtown for 2011. For info, check us out @ www.ihwma.com for the 2011 schedule, rules and updates for next year.

Ted White

Texas Wing Modified #5

Here is another pic I just recieved. Start of the main at Heart O' Texas from this year.34 Choice Lynch, 1r Ritchie Robins, 31j Steve Barton, myself, 55 Terry White, & 23 Scott Trowell.

post-3-1300235606.jpg

• 5 months later...
Red Dirt at Buffalo Park?

Dzu, thats a good question. It was 1980 when I started going to Buffalo and it didn't look like it does in these pics. From what I can see of the pits it does look like Buffalo but the track is different.

Red Dirt at Buffalo Park?

Dzu, thats a good question. It was 1980 when I started going to Buffalo and it didn't look like it does in these pics. From what I can see of the pits it does look like Buffalo but the track is different.

Usually have to get over here to the east for red dirt. It isn't Rosebowl I know that. Doesn't really look like Boothill either. Or Mt. Selmon. Might be Stateline in Texarkana.

• 4 months later...
My guess is it was an A-frame car .

Some more photo's of old modifieds . All from Boothill .

Don't know who this is , but I'm guessing John Bankston . He's the only one other that Pop Ingals that I remember running number 8 at Boothill , and I'm pretty sure it's not Pops .

post-8984-1246502510.jpg

Not sure about this one either , but I think it's Henry Robinson .

post-8984-1246502492.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is Johnny Vaught .

post-8984-1246502525.jpg

Don't know who these are .

post-8984-1246502543.jpg

But this might be Burt Chandler . I can't remember what number he ran .

post-8984-1246502556.jpg

The pics are Joe Sturdivant, Roy Morris, Johnny Vaught, Sonny Smith?, and Johnny Vaught again.

• 2 months later...
Those coupe body modifieds were some of the best looking cars ever . There was a fellow at Boothill , Bert Chandler , who ran one for years after they went out of favor . He was always pretty fast , but it seemed like nearly every time he brought it out , he would flip it . He was famous for it .

Some more Boothill cars .

Johnny Vaught

post-8984-1229576105.jpg

Ronnie Adams

post-8984-1229576165.jpg

Ronnie Adams again , I'm trying to remember who that is in the 3c car . Gary Watson ?

post-8984-1229576223.jpg

I took that pic. Watson almost nailed me exiting the track one night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

who drove the all yellow wing modified with a red like #16 or like #19 i think he lives in mansfield or kennedale

plus i have a bunch of pics of my dad driving the citgo #99 car for jerry burkhart and the 15 for johnny kellough

my dad was a big hero behind the wheels of them race cars . Terry Glenn Buzbee wing modified 1992-1998

Archived