An interesting read...

Heard about this the other day and finally found where the article online.. Steve Ghuerline is pretty well known for his radio show here in SA also believe he was a sponsor of Robert Barker for a time... Anyhow the system he tested helped see a near 50% increase in fuel economy in his wifes daily driver... here is the link to the story...

Fuel Saving Story

Wow, what a coincidence. Just today I was at the house of a fellow friend/racer who had built a home-made hydrogen producer (some 4" pvc pipe, 7 stainless steel wall plates, small clear tubing, some wire, water, and a power source.) We spent some time acting like little kids blowing up the hydrogen bubbles that floated to the surface in a large bowl of water.

Then we started discussing how we could rig it up to his Excursion. Hook the wires to the alternator, route the tube carrying the hydrogen to the turbo-intake .....

Stay tuned: we make make the news also. (hopefully not as a result of a "ka-boom" :blink:

They had a spot tonight on Austin Ch. 24 10:00 pm news covering this topic. They interviewed Steve Ghuerline and he explained his invention of separating the hydrogen and oxygen from water and using both as a supplemental fuel additive, all mounted on board his vehicle.

..I have a product for the 7.3 Fords that increases fuel economy up to 4 miles per gallon adds up to 55Hp & 92 ft/lbs of torque.

It's not $1500 bucks either, more like $100.....

HELL, I am gonna put it in the race car!!!

Arthur, dont do it... You will be slower! :D

..I have a product for the 7.3 Fords that increases fuel economy up to 4 miles per gallon adds up to 55Hp & 92 ft/lbs of torque.

It's not $1500 bucks either, more like $100.....

Arthur, dont do it... You will be slower! :D

Will this new product work with a TS 6-postion chip? piggy back? PM some info. Thanks

Arthur make sure the advance isn't welded on this new device. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

<_< Along the lines of this subject. Everyone is pissed off about gas prices, me included. But judging by the amount of traffic I saw this past weekend on my way to and from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area we are not helping our situation on oil demand or the price. I had to make the trip up North for family reasons, but I was suprised at the amount of traffic, lot's of SUV's hauling trailers and motorhomes on the road, and the cost of gas in the Big D was @ $3.89-$3.99 for regular (87 Octane) on Friday and at $4.05-$4.09 on Sunday.

Filled up mama's TOYOTA FORERUNNER for $53.00. :blink: I guess the $5.00 a gallon rumor at the beginning of the year is not that far off now. :huh: MaryAnn may want to start considering renting out some RV parking spots for the weekend vacation crowds. :lol: Race on Saturday night and cross over I-35 to the Blanco river and go swimming on Sunday!!! Hot Dogs & Cold Beer!!! :D Lenny66 B)

Internal combustion engines are at best about 20% efficient in converting the energy in a gallon of gasoline to motive force. The remaining 80% is released as waste heat... The miraculous "Brown's gas" has no way of changing that fundamental aspect of the internal combustion engine.

1. Does it burn? Yes - and it burns very cleanly as it is just recombining the Hydrogen and Oxygen back into water.

2. Does it release heat energy when burned? Yes, but the total caloric heat produced will be less than the combined energy input to the electrolysis cell required to convert water into "Brown's Gas". There is energy loss in the conversion of mechanical energy to electricity at the alternator, energy loss as heat through resistance heating in the wires and energy loss as heat in the electrolysis cell.

3. Does it modify the way gasoline burns in the engine? Maybe - but the volume of gas required to make any measurable change in the combustion process is well beyond the volume produced by the electrolysis cells being marketed.

If you just can't wait to spend your $1500, send it to me. I'll buy you $750 worth of gas and if you drive an average 15000 miles/yr at and average 15 MPG - you can brag to anyone who will listen that your $1500 got you an effective 18.75% increase in mileage..

For interesting reading: http://www.phact.org/e/bgas.htm

Internal combustion engines are at best about 20% efficient in converting the energy in a gallon of gasoline to motive force. The remaining 80% is released as waste heat... The miraculous "Brown's gas" has no way of changing that fundamental aspect of the internal combustion engine.

1. Does it burn? Yes - and it burns very cleanly as it is just recombining the Hydrogen and Oxygen back into water.

2. Does it release heat energy when burned? Yes, but the total caloric heat produced will be less than the combined energy input to the electrolysis cell required to convert water into "Brown's Gas". There is energy loss in the conversion of mechanical energy to electricity at the alternator, energy loss as heat through resistance heating in the wires and energy loss as heat in the electrolysis cell.

3. Does it modify the way gasoline burns in the engine? Maybe - but the volume of gas required to make any measurable change in the combustion process is well beyond the volume produced by the electrolysis cells being marketed.

If you just can't wait to spend your $1500, send it to me. I'll buy you $750 worth of gas and if you drive an average 15000 miles/yr at and average 15 MPG - you can brag to anyone who will listen that your $1500 got you an effective 18.75% increase in mileage..

Thats $1500 installed.you can build your own for less than $200.I have been on some HHO forums and the reality is about 4 to 6 mpg on a diesel.Not alot but well worth the $200 if it really works.I am willing to build one and try it.If it don't work I will get over it.I have wasted $200 on dumber stuff than this.

Actually, Steve's name is Steve Gehrlein (pronounced Gur'line). Steve was quite active as a car owner in the 80's and 90's and helped to promote the track in positive ways. He sponsored at least two cars. Anyone recall what cars?

Steve's a go-getter and understands the art of promotion. He's the "Car Counselor" on KTSA Radio (AM 550)Saturdays at 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm. I think he wrote a book too.

Nick

Speaking of fuel mileage, I have a question. Can my fuel mileage in my 3 Litre V-6 Ranger pick-up be increase to any significant degree if when out on the highway, I simply reach over and turn off the A/C and roll down a window. Or, will rolling down the window create more drag on the vehicle thus eliminating anything gained by turning off the a/c?

I heard through the grapevine that this device is currently being texted by the Texas Research Institute and should have completed results by July. Might want to wait til then and I think that is why the news article says that they won't be installing any until around July.

Budman. I saw a news report on TV the other night that the fuel savings by not running your AC are negligible and open windows do cause a bit of drag. The news item said to keep yourself comfortable in this Texas heat and not worry about the minute savings which may not even exist.

:)

Speaking of fuel mileage, I have a question. Can my fuel mileage in my 3 Litre V-6 Ranger pick-up be increase to any significant degree if when out on the highway, I simply reach over and turn off the A/C and roll down a window. Or, will rolling down the window create more drag on the vehicle thus eliminating anything gained by turning off the a/c?

Buddy,

this is an old debate, but basically, you will get close enough to the same mileage either way that you may as well enjoy the air conditioner. And on most pickups, the tailgate doesn't matter either up or down.

Now if you put the magnets on the fuel line, the little propeller in the air tube, and inflate your tires to 160 PSI, you will see some benefit............................. ;)

I heard this guys radio show sunday while driving through SA. after a quick look on the internet I constructed a device sorta like CC57 talked about. I used a 10 amp 12volt power supply wired up to 2 stainless kitchen forks. put them in a cup of water and plugged it into the wall. sounds safe to me. right away bubbles poured off one of the forks and the water very quickly turned dark, about like a beer lol. the bubbles that formed on the surface did indeed produce a small flame when I held a lighter to them. I freaked out! I made fire from water. but that is a very small amount, I just dont see how this could be enough to do much of anything. maybe I will mess with this some more.

................. and if you can figure out how to extract the extra mass from heavy water ........ duetrium and tridium ........ both of which are readily available in near unlimited quantities from sea water ............ we can all have nuclear powered vehicles and never have to stop for gas! :P

Actually, Steve's name is Steve Gehrlein (pronounced Gur'line). Steve was quite active as a car owner in the 80's and 90's and helped to promote the track in positive ways. He sponsored at least two cars. Anyone recall what cars?

Steve's a go-getter and understands the art of promotion. He's the "Car Counselor" on KTSA Radio (AM 550)Saturdays at 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm. I think he wrote a book too.

Nick

So do you think he has a real working product or is he just promoting?

Archived