Best affordable Generator?

dancer52

I am trying to figure out what generator will actually be reliable...I am looking in the 5k-10k watt range hopefully under 800$ But We will be running this thing for 20 hours straight every weekend, not to concerened on noise just want it to work...any suggestions? Any one have a good used honda...lol

AJ I don't believe that you can ask a generator question with out that picture coming up. I hear that the Hondas are pretty good. Just look for one with a warranty that is extendible.

You're right Nathan. Its a long standing tradition on TXSZ. Anytime someone asks about a generator, puts one up for sale or gets one stolen, tradition requires this photo to be posted. Special thanks to member PAPA, who originally posted it on here several years ago. :D

I am trying to figure out what generator will actually be reliable...I am looking in the 5k-10k watt range hopefully under 800$ But We will be running this thing for 20 hours straight every weekend, not to concerened on noise just want it to work...any suggestions? Any one have a good used honda...lol

AJ you might try Compact Appliance in Austin I bought a Amico AH7500E generator from them its a 7500 watt 15 hp runs great have had no pproblems with it at all.I paid around 700 for it.If they don't have it you can find them on line. They also make a 8500 watt. It is not very noisy either.

Bob

AJ I got an onan out of a rv mounted it on the tounge of my trailer and it works great. I can run a/c compressor, lights, chargers etc... all at the same time and it is fuel efficient. I have used it for 2 years running 14 hours a day at the track and so far only oil and tune-up. Check Craigs list seen a couple of them yesterday... Good luck

AJ, I've running a Troy-Bilt Generator for three years that i purchased

from Lowe's. It's a 5000 watt with a 6250 start surge and has a Briggs

motor. I use mine at the track and for our power at our hunting camp

during the off season. It run continous during hunting season from friday

evening till we leave on sunday evening. It has electric start ot pull start and

sells for $698.00. Good luck on your choice.

Gary

cool...thanks guys...that is what I was looking for...what people are using without problems...now when I win the lottery I am getting an onan...and a honda...lol actually I got a contractor grade generac, with a pressure oil system...supposed to last 3000 hours...i sure hope so...lol

• 2 months later...

Dont use Champion Power Equipment Generators. Don't get me wrong they are good to a point that they wont warranty them for over usage on the generator. I had one. You can get one at Tractor Supply for around 299. 4000 Peak watts.

Champion Power Generator

4.0 gallon (15L) fuel tank. 12 running hours at 50% load. 1 in dia tubular steel frame for protection and durability. 30 A 120/240 V twistlock. 30 A 120 V RV receptacle. 20 A 120 V. Push-to-reset circuit breakers. Voltmeter. 196 cc (6.5 hp) OHV engine: 4 stroke, single cylinder, air cooled, 0.6l oil capacity, low oil shut-off, recoil start, cast iron sleeve.

1 year warranty

'

I had a valve the had buildup on it and it kept the valve closed and wouldn't start an they wouldnt warranty a new head for it. So now I'm going to another Generator.

WERE I WORK WE HAVE SOME LIFAN GEN A 6500 FOR 995.00 A 3500 FOR 695.00 BOTH YR WARANTTY THE MOTORS USE SAME PARTS AS HONDA

• 2 weeks later...

Don't buy a Coleman, they went bankrupt and theres no warranty. Believe me...I know. I bought a Troy-Built 8000 watt/13500 surge electric start and love it. Has a briggs motor and uses half the gas the Honda/Coleman did. Just as quiet as a Honda as well.

Archived