Who did the cameras focus on in 2007?

REBELRACER

FROM JAYSKI.COM

Who did the cameras focus on in 2007? cawsnjaws.com started to keep records of how many commercials there are during Cup races and how much time they take of every broadcast was in response to many fans’ unhappiness with those numbers. Soon after I started posting the numbers and even have them archived on their own page, Commericals 2007. Also kept track of how much camera time different drivers receive during races. Some results:

Car No. / Driver / Focus Total (top 5/bottom 5) full time drivers:

(24) Jeff Gordon – 928

(48) Jimmie Johnson – 906

(8) Dale Earnhardt Jr. – 763

(20) Tony Stewart – 604

(17) Matt Kenseth – 579

-----------------------

(44) Dale Jarrett – 54

(36) Jeremy Mayfield – 42

(84) A.J. Allmendinger – 36

(00) David Reutimann – 33

(4) Ward Burton– 32

Crew Chiefs:

(48) Chad Knaus – 57

(24) Steve Letarte – 44

(20) Greg Zipadelli – 23

(8) Tony Eury Jr. – 12

(5) Alan Gustafson – 9

LOOKS LIKE THE WONDER TWINS SHARED THE SPOTLIGHT MOST LAST SEASON.

Yeah, real surprising. A combined win count of 16? Championship points battle, the contenders always get more publicity, they did earn it. What surprises me is Jr. He sucked this year and he is the 3rd most focused. I have always said he was OVERRATED, but I was corrected, he is a good driver, but the media OVERHYPES(SP?). He does not deserve the attention he gets, he has done nothing to get it. Where is Clint Boyer on that list, that guy surprised everyone, and he was a championship contender. Or what about Jeff Burton, he had a great year.

If anyone doesn't think Jeff and Jimmy deserve their attention, go back a few years. The Champions and the top runners ALLWAYS get more attention than others. Matt Kenseth got a lot when he won, Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart, Dale Sr., and on and on. You do good, you get attention. But for some reason, the media thinks Dale Jr. is a God when he is no better than Burton, Boyer, Kahne, Busch, Harvick. He deffinately is no Jimmy or Jeff or Tony, who are on top of the game week after week, year after year.

Look at your local track, who gets the most attention, its the ones winning. That is how it goes. The only ones cheering for that 20th place car that is consistantly 20th place is that persons family and friends.

Archived