TSRS Vote

TGural

We have supported TSRS and Mary Ann from the beginning. Really have enjoyed the level of competition and the support from our fans and fellow drivers. We sincerely want what is best for everyone, the promotors, track, all drivers and fans.

It is great to see all of the open discusion and debate regarding tires. We have lobbied not make so many rule changes in the past, because history seems to show it only drives up the cost and ultimately kills the class or series. We've voiced our opinion the past few years, that the tire and shock issues were adversly affecting the series. Seen teams come and go, in the end the drivers who want to run year after year are the ones who seem to suffer most. Most of the registered drivers can only run a few races a season. Those who try to run every race, are at a serious disadvatage against the few teams spending extremely large amounts of money.

Certainly do not want to hurt feelings or anyone to think we are making this request to get a competitive advantage for ourselves. Could be wrong, but we are hearing from a good number of TSRS drivers who are wanting to make a change on the tire. There's a desire to make the series more affordable and make the racing better. Also need to consider the track surface, running different brands of tires too. Can the TSRS drivers take a vote for changing tires or please explain why this has not been an option?

Thanks and Merry XMas!

The Gurals

"Seen teams come and go, in the end the drivers who want to run year after year are the ones who seem to suffer most. Most of the registered drivers can only run a few races a season."

The Gurals got it right in my opinion

new Hoosiers for qualifing can avg. .5 seconds just for quailfing

new Good Years for qualifing can avg. .0 seconds just for qualifing

I dont know much about tires except one thing, if you want to qualify in to top 5 for TSRS you better spend that $450.00+ for a new set of tires or your not gonna make the top 5, Just by reading Nick's post the goodyear tire is the way to go, just my 2cents on this topic.

Good Year has got my vote

I'd agree with nick too on the goodyears ,but have you ever noticed how the rules to keep cost down have not retained racers or fans. Some of the rules in place to make it cheaper actually made it to expensive to race. One example would be the crate motors. I'm sure once you have one it could be cheaper since I hear thier pretty bullet proof but coming up with 7 to 8 grand when I already put my money into an engine is not good for me. Changing my front clip from a late model style clip to a stock clip that would not be any better or worse seems stupid as well.All these rules to keep cost down has made it too expensive for me,so this year I'll race a few times probaly out east or up north with the car I have.And from a fans perspective ,I'd prefer to watch a car that was built to go the fastest rather than a car that was built to go as fast as ererybody else....YAWN! less rules are my vote, No i'm not rich and I probly couldnt compete unless I really went for some sponsors but hay you know what, that's RACIN! JMO

just my opinion but 2 tires per week, whateverbrand, marked, might help the ones that can,t afford a new set, and maybe keep the field a little closer, i would prefer a harder tire, that you could use a couple races, that being said i understand that the object is to go as fast as youcan and if i could i would put a new set on everytime i hit the track, so i don,t begrudge the guys that can afford them, if i could i surely would. thanks

controlling tire purchasing is a good way to go but then you get teams that do have flats and need to buy a new tire to replace them then you get that fresh rubber advantage, it really doesnt matter to me what we run, if I can not afford to run often well then i wont run often, maybe TSRS is just out of my affordable hobbie range, I guess thats why I'm building another car(different class) to run at THR, i'll be there like it or not I will adapt to what ever class i have to untill my wallet agrees with me.

Waddy is right. Everyone is going to go as fast as their budget allows. Winning races involves cubic dollars. That's why you have motor rules and body rules and suspension rules and on and on. It somewhat keeps things even. But, when you have an unlimited tire rule that only specifies tire type, the well financed teams will always have an advantage over the under financed teams. The 2 areas where TSRS is falling short of equallity is tires and shocks.

There should be a max $ limit or claim rule on shocks and a quanity limit on tires. Many of the Mid West and East Coast series allow you to purchase 6 tires at the beginning of the year, then 2 tires per race after that. If you miss a race, you don't get to double up. If you have a damaged tire, you can replace it that race nite only-no carrying over to the next week. If you don't race on the replaced tire it counts as 1 of your next weeks tires.

It's a good rule and it works.

Car count seemed fine in TSRS this year, why change anything?? While i dont personally know any of the tsrs drivers, i didnt see any of the what appear to be "well funded" teams winning too many races. Hell, that #17 car that won in houston comes to the track on an open trailer. i dont think he's on here complainin.

why would you mess up a perfectly good thing going right now, 20+ cars for every race. The well funded teams in TSRS generally go faster because of the drivers and not how many tires they have.

Seems to me that the only people on here that don't want a tire change have nothing to do with TSRS. Imagine that... As far as the post about the fast cars are the ones with great drivers, not so much. There are a bunch of great drivers in TSRS, but the teams with the money will outrun the guys who don't have it regardless of their driving talent. Just my opinion...

To clarify...the original purpose of this post, was to discuss running a more durable & affordable tire, not to complain about high dollar teams. There have been, and will always be teams who are better funded than others. Also recognize that great drivers will do well on any tire, as long as they don't have flats. TSRS car counts have been great...a good number of them added due to the demise of other tracks and series. Feel there could be even more cars at every race, if there were a longer lasting tire. We have requested the drivers vote, to see if there's a majority who want to run a different tire. Everyone has an opinion, and we thought it may benefit the series to see what that opinion would be. We are sincere about wanting to help keep the tracks, series, and racing healthy!

Archived