Live updates from Houston Motorsports Park, 11/3/07

NickHolt

I just got off phone with Randy Anderson and I think the point that everyone had a problem with, saturday night, is being resolved.Jason and Kyle and I have the track rented this friday in Pensacola and I understand their reasoning for not wanting to give up their motors.I feel that any other week would have been fine.(my opinion) The points and money involved did not out weigh the inconvience of getting ready for the biggest short track race in the country.I know Randy meant it when he said that he would have their motors done by tuesday noon. Things can happen and not go as always planned. As it stands right now the motors they have , have not made it to the dyno ,as of this time . Looks like tomorrow or thursday. Was it a good call.Maybe ,maybe not. I just hope every thing can get resolved and continue on in the sprit and harmony that the track and racers had reached the last few races.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randy may be the most honest tech guy on the planet (though I'd have to put him at least one spot behind Jack Sandefur), but that's irrelevant. I like the Bakers, too, and think they are good people, but they are making a mistake to race at their own track. No matter how the calls go, a large number of fans and an equally large number of drivers will feel they are getting "special treatment" and that Randy is getting away with things the other drivers can't.

That is just human nature, and the only way to stop it is for friends, family and emploees of the track and its ownership not to race at that track.

The only exception would be if they raced in a touring series that sometimes ran at the track but was not under the control of the track ownership or management. And, even then, people will think you're getting away with something.

big john

What do you know about Beer???

just a joke between friends. i know a thing or two about beer, what do you want to know?

I know you do. I've heard stories. I know enough about it myself.

Still no final results.

Probably was a wise decision on the part of Jason Young and Kyle SZtti to not pull their engines so that they could meet today's commitment to rent the Pensacola track in preparation for the big Snowflake race. It was a matter of priorities.

Final results? Off the dyno or for season? The season results have been posted, so one would assume the dyno sesissions have been completed and the engines passed (whatever passed means). But rumor I heard was the engines never saw the dyno and the season was ruled complete.

Archived