Prayers needed NOW for Abilene Racer

rebelracewriter

If you have a God please pray for Ryan Bard. Bard has been seriously burned when his Southern SportMod rolled over and erupted in flames. Bard was pulled from his car in serious condition and is being transported to a local hospital.

Every now and then we snapped back to the reality that racing is a dangerous sport, people do get seriously injured and sometime lose their lives for the love a sport.

WE WRECK OR GET WRECKED .WE BLOW MOTORS .WE COMPLAIN .. SOME OF US THINK WE ARE TEN FEET TALL ...AND DRIVE THAT WAY ...AND WE FORGET HOW EASY YOU CAN GET HURT ....... LORD HELP THIS FAMILY AND THIS DRIVER PULL THROUGH THIS ... THIS IS a SAD DAY .... GOD SPEED .....

Reb did they have a prelim on what caused the fire? Fuel cell rupture? Check valve? Broke Fuel Line? Im sure in incidents like that it would be good to know and maybe give some pause to check those items a little better before going out on the track again... I hope he does alright and makes a full recovery...

Marc

Marc I didn't mean to sound rude. They took the car away, tarped it and I'm sure an investigation will be done on several things.

To add to this, his Care-flight was diverted because of bad weather and it was diverted to Parkland in D/FW area. Last report I heard was 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 95%.

Guys, if you're wearing a single layer firesuit, I might suggest you reconsider. I DO NOT know what type suit the kid had on, but this just proves you can never be too prepared.

It has been reported on two different sites that Ryan did not survive his injuries. :(

It's been many years since I've been in attendence of a race where a racer has lost his life. It's not a pleasant feeling and having to watch it happen in front of me makes it even worse.

Please continue to pray for Ryan's family and friends........... :(:(:(

A few months ago I was at Monticello, Arkansas at a USMTS race. My friend that I was with had a very minor accident and the car rolled over. Not that bad of a wreck because I have seen much worse. Somehow alcohol from the cell began to leak. During the rollover the battery disconnected and shorted out on the medal body and ignited the alcohol. I can honestly say that I would never wish that on anybody. Luckily he did have a double layer firesuit on and he walked away with some burns, but it was only on the areas that the suit didnt cover. He has since began wearing nomex underwear and likewise so have I.

Seeing something of that magnitude and not being able to do anything about is the worst feeling in the world.

The family does have my thoughts and prayers.

We all need to slow down, take a step back and take in a deep breath. Remember to tell your family and friends you love em and learn what each one of us needs before we strap back in.

Very good point Robert .Life came come to an end at anytime so always tell them you love them ,cause you may not get the second chance . Our prayers go out to the family, God will take care of him now so be at Peace with that. Sincerly Rainbow Man

Archived