NA$CAR...fully inverted.

Definitive

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20's my favorite, but I think he might have pissed some folks off earlier when he pulled that bonehead blocking move. That's why no one would go with him. Asfor the COT issue, I love them. It might have been boring, but there was more side by side than i've seen in years at that track.

Was the boring beginning Nascar or the COT's fault?? I thought it was the drivers. Yeah some key guys had engine problems, but some of the good drivers were lagging in the back until the end. That was what mad it boring...nobody wanted to do crap until about 50 to go. Then it was 3 and 4 wide pretty entertaining until Bobby had his weird problem, but I didn't see a problem with the cars. Maybe they should make it a 50 lap race so the drivers have a reason to go.

Get over it Brad... Its only going to get better...Once Jeffy wins the championship...

That will be another sad day.

Not a Jr. fan...liked him in Busch, but not so much anymore...to over-rated I guess.

As for 50 laps if they did that brad they would wait till 15 to go..

That's fine too...wouldn't have to watch 3 hours of boring racing with terrible coverage...just 50 laps.

Came home from church. Had a nice lunch with the family. Lay down on the couch to "watch" the Cup race. Wife was kind enough to wake me up with 15 to go.. right after a wreck of some sort. Quite a finish, really. Worth waking up for!

Nick

welp spent my time today out at the bbq at cc speedway ..got to visit with rick and deb for awhile.. piged out .got to visit alittle with bigfat ..great had fun ..alittle hot ..but worth missing a boreing nascar race ..hell they even had a helicopter giveing some rides ......... priceless .....

How about mikey, glad to see him run up towards the front for a change. I think the top 35 crap needs to go. My opinion is the only one who should be guarnateed a spot in a race is the one who won that race the previous year. And maybe even the guy who won the last race but thats it. No more of this setup for the race stuff instead of actally trying to qualify. Hopefully we will see mikey upfront again soon.

nobody said to 'let' boris in and send 24 or 48 or any of the other 'chasers' home , but if the top 12 drivers are good enough to get in the 'A' main then surely qualifing for a 43 car field should not be a problem ,as far as nascar kissing up to some I don't know what else you can call it when an organization saves a spot for someone who pays a little more money than the other guy ,if all sports did that then the yankees would always be in the playoffs without having to play anyone to get in,the same goes for basketball or football or hockey or even horse racing ,no where that i know of does anyone(team) get in the finals and not have to qualify to get there ,i'm sure someone will know of an exception to this but this is just my opinion B)

if they did away with the top 35 being locked in, i seriously doubt that any of those in the top 10 today would have been that close to the front. it sucks to see someone qualify 10th and have to load up, but if they would have not had the top 35 crap, then the guys who are in the top 35 would be in qualifying trim too and those guys probably would have qualified even worse and still loaded up. not a fan of the top 35 deal, but it isnt what is keeping them out of the race most times, it is the lack of funding their teams have. jmo

Those underfunded teams are the one's having to spend the big bucks now.NA$CAR thought they were saving the racers money.The only teams that are saving money are the ones that could afford the qualifying set-up anyway.Now they spend all their time and effort on race set-up while the underfunded teams spen all of their time,effort,and money they don't have,just to get into the show.They need to just hurry up and franchise the teams.

11 franchises

44 car starting fields

everyone races

the franchises will build equity

there eventually will be no underfunded team....period

The way it is going there will be only 4 or 5 teams with the 2 teams that have the most sucess getting the biggest sponsorship deals....meaning "ALL" of the money.

Franchising would mean all teams get a piece of the pie.

some pieces will still be bigger than others

but unlike today....all pieces will be large enough

Those franchises would be smart to have farms clubs(or groups of lower class racers traveliing the country racing) They would have to prove themselves before getting into a Cup car.Yes even Sam Hornish would have to run a late model around the country for a couple of years in order to earn his way in.This farm system would be one of many ways NA$SCAR can help the short tracks from becoming extinct,and as a result help the dwindleing fane base.Did anyone notice all of the empty seats today?

It is an Association....not a free for all. NA$CAR ... not...NFFA$CAR.

Actually what we have now is closer to F1.Look at the wins totals and see what team they "really" belong to.11 evenly matched teams are better than the current 3 or 4.It's the only reason the NBA,NFL,and pro baseball exist today.If they didn't share the wealth,the Celtics,Texans,and Devilrays would be gone.

Today's race had a 7 car Childress/DEI team in it.That is almost 1/6 of the field.

And no Payton Manning can't sub for Romo if he gets hurt before the Superbowl.He is on a different "franchise".

Yes, Kathy, and wasn't there somehing about the win (#80 for Jeff) also making him the winningest driver in restrictor plate races?

That was a hell of a move at the end.

On a lighter note, they'll all be boring until they quit running 500-mile races on banked tracks. Watch a 24-hour race sometime. They "race" at about half the speed they can really run and just save the car until the end. That's pretty much what Junior said about NASCAR, while wondering why they bother to race 500 miles at all.

Gordon says the best stock car driver in the country is probably racing street stock at some short track, and never got a break. Junior said not long ago, "There are a thousand of me out there." If the other 41 drivers in the field are honest, they'll all echo what both Gordon and Junior said; in effect, we all got lucky.

I've always liked Gordon. He may just be the second best stock car driver in NASCAR history, and he isn't through yet. He also drives his tail off, though on long races (all NASCAR races) he, like everyone else, saves it and the car for the end.

Earnhardt didn't impress me until after his dad was killed and the kid put on maturity like a coat. He'll never be the driver his dad was, or the driver Gordon is, but he's not bad, and I like his attitude.

My husband is a die hard Mark Martin fan, I stand true to Tony, but my 9 year old LOOOOVES Gordon. What an idiotic move on Tony's part with that stupid blocking move!! I have to give kudos where they are due...way to go Gordon on the move of the race!!! If you only lead one lap, the last is the one to lead!

Kathie

Here's what I'd like to see them do at Talladega. Say they have a 50 car field attempting to make the show.

Lock in the top 10 qualifiers. Then run 4 ten car, 5 lap heats and transfer the top 5, giving you 30 now locked into the show. Then run the 10 lap hooligan and transfer in the rest of the field. Send the rest home.

Then run the 50 Lap Feature. Now that would be a hell of a show ...........(beats the heck out of snoozing through 450 miles of racing on my couch, just to watch the last 50 miles.)

I know .......... I know .............. I know ............its a totally noval format to racing that I think would be really entertaining for all the fans! Can't believe I thought this one up all by myself, if I do say so myself! :D

Here's what I'd like to see them do at Talladega. Say they have a 50 car field attempting to make the show.

Lock in the top 10 qualifiers. Then run 4 ten car, 5 lap heats and transfer the top 5, giving you 30 now locked into the show. Then run the 10 lap hooligan and transfer in the rest of the field. Send the rest home.

Then run the 50 Lap Feature. Now that would be a hell of a show ...........(beats the heck out of snoozing through 450 miles of racing on my couch, just to watch the last 50 miles.)

I know .......... I know .............. I know ............its a totally noval format to racing that I think would be really entertaining for all the fans! Can't believe I thought this one up all by myself, if I do say so myself! :D

I like that idea. But, they won't do it. It's to logical and the fans would love it.

budman you have to much time on your hands ...you have a point ..

Archived