NA$CAR...fully inverted.

Definitive

The "top 35" rule has run it's course.Because of the impound rule the top 35 cars in points did not....and I mean absolutely did not....try to qualify.That leaves the go or go homers at the front of the field.Those guys did not work on race set-up or bump drafting.Is this going to be the worst demolition derby in Cup history?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 35 rule sucks period. What could make for a better story than its the middle of the chase and the points leader can't find the handle and qualifies 44th. Yep,it would be a bummer for him but on the other side it would be great story for the two upstarts that beat him to get into their first race.

Racing at that level is suppose to be about putting the fastest cars that show up on the track not on the trailer.

Excerpt from Sports.Yahoo.Com article on Mikey's Pole Win...

All of those eight were drivers who had to qualify, including former Formula One champion and Indy 500 winner Jacques Villeneuve, making his Cup debut, and Waltrip's teammates David Reutimann and Dale Jarrett.

Rookie A.J. Allmendinger, Boris Said, Scott Riggs, Sam Hornish Jr., another open-wheel driver and Indy 500 winner hoping to make his Cup debut, and Jeremy Mayfield qualified ninth, 10th, 11th, 13th and 15th, respectively, but were bumped out of the field by drivers in the top 35 in points.

It was a big day for Toyota, which has had little to crow about in its first season in Cup.

Waltrip, Blaney and defending race winner Brian Vickers swept the first three positions for Toyota and Camrys took six of the top eight spots, although Jarrett, who was eighth, will have to start 43rd under NASCAR's somewhat strange qualifying format.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its pretty bad when you qualify 9th fastest and can't make the show... Will this be the race that wakes up NASCAR? ....

What a joke it's becoming........................... :(:angry:

It's getting so oldtimer could qualify. LMAO Sorry OT, don't mean to pick on ya.

nah you aint sorry your ok . and you did mean to pick on me ..you cant help it you have to scratch that itch ... its ok ill forgive you :lol:

Na$car = Operated by the top 35 in points.

What is this...the third time this year Boris has gotten screwed by "top 35" bulls$%t?

Nascar is not about the best racers in the country, its about the teams with the most bucks.

So you think it's in nascar's best interest to send Jeff and two other Chase drivers to let Boris in? I think if you were to ask Boris if he knew he would be competing with 16 others for only 8 starting spots, he would have said yes. Nobody forced him to try to make the field against strong odds. Every method of qualifying helps some and hurts others. You don't have to like it, but nascar is going to do what they think is best for them. Would you not do the same?

There are other alternatives. One that has been suggested is franchising where ALL 43 will be locked in and Boris and others on the outside would not even get a chance to compete.

Boris Said is one of my favorite drivers despite spending years driving Fords. I would love for him to make the field, but he wasn't going for one of 43. He was going for one of 8.

No, I believe the solution is to reduce the top 35 to maybe 10-15. Let the best cars race. Not go home because Joe Nemechek has made every race but finishes 35 or worst every time. Reduce the # of past champ provs. to 3 per year. Lets get back to racing, not politicing.

So you think it's in nascar's best interest to send Jeff and two other Chase drivers to let Boris in?

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! NA$CAR has to quit being a$$ kissers for the $$$$$$$$$!!! :angry: If the sorry SOB's are going to sandbag because they're locked in, then put them on the trailer. PERIOD!!!!! :angry:

That's ok "I predict" in 4 years we will be asking........gee where has NA$CAR gone...........and I'll say right down the crapper like I said they were going. Then maybe they(TV) will start televising more short track racing.

No, I believe the solution is to reduce the top 35 to maybe 10-15. Let the best cars race. Not go home because Joe Nemechek has made every race but finishes 35 or worst every time. Reduce the # of past champ provs. to 3 per year. Lets get back to racing, not politicing.

But you just said "some" politicing is ok. You just want to adjust the numbers a little which is basically like saying instead of 35/8, that 34/9 would be better or 33/10 or 10/35 or 15/28. 3 past champs? I'd rather it be 4. Wait someone else thinks it should only be 2. Maybe we will just have to let them do what they think is best overall for their series?

So you think it's in nascar's best interest to send Jeff and two other Chase drivers to let Boris in?

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! NA$CAR has to quit being a$$ kissers for the $$$$$$$$$!!! :angry: If the sorry SOB's are going to sandbag because they're locked in, then put them on the trailer. PERIOD!!!!! :angry:

That's ok "I predict" in 4 years we will be asking........gee where has NA$CAR gone...........and I'll say right down the crapper like I said they were going. Then maybe they(TV) will start televising more short track racing.

I predict you are wrong. nascar which is a business should not be a$$kissers to those that are paying their bills? When's the last time you told your boss to take this job and shove it? Sandbagging or working on race set ups because they "prequalified" by doing well enough overall to be in the top 35?

More short tracks on TV? I AM FOR THAT! But there aren't enough of us yet to get TV's attention. Should there be? I hope so, but as someone who used to wait all year long just to watch 10 minutes of racing on TV on Wide World of Sports, I'll take what I can get.

My point was the FASTEST 43 cars race......PERIOD. NO ONE should be pre-qualified. Hell, look at the Prelude to the Dream, all those top name drivers and they ALL had to qualify, run B-main to get there spots. GEEEEEEZ what a novel freaking idea!!!!

I hope you're right, but I see the same trend that has hit short track pavement racing. Not enough sponsor money to go around to put full fields on tracks.

Archived