Romco @ Oktoberfast

HoosierDaddy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punkin,

[Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03]

People tend to side with the team they are emotionally pulling for [Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03] The fact remains, however, that the only two people who actually know what happened out on the track are Brandon and Greg. The rest of us are just guessing.

Nick Holt

Letting someone know your behind them is one thing, but you have to give someone a pretty good lick to swap paint. I have fixed alot of body panels that were rubbed together going down the straight away and were just dented but no paint swapped, and also have fixed a lot of tail pieces that someone let Bandit know they were there and found paint and bent support bars, the most recent was at Kyle, but no one posted anything about that. We fixed it and won the next race.

Yellowflag I was a little ways back. Why get up there in the middle of something you know is going to be trouble. I am friends with both parties, but the bias of the members of this forum is pretty remarkable. I like to post on here to provide my input as a ROMCO driver. Yea I know that many of you love Brandon and if he and the 96 want to have a shoving match up there thats fine. I was going to set back and watch because I knew I had the best car from the drop of the green. I am personally more comfortable racing with the 96 because of his experience level and I learn alot each time I race around him. And Like 44ss said, no body said anything when the 39 spun us out at Kyle, but I really don't care, I have three wins after missing three races.

How did you do that Jason?!?

Anyway, it looks from that angle that Bendele really didn't have but a wheel on Davidson at the time of the contact. But it also looks like Bendele was down as far as he could go on the track.

Half a dozon of one and six of the other?

Nick Holt

After waiting on this film clip, I have to throw in my .02 just like everyone else.

1. Before I commented or saw this film clip I took a look at the door panel off of the 96. Not one scratch, dent, paint mark, rub, tire mark, etc. Pure silver with untouched decals front to back. You get my point on that part.

2. As I am watching the clip over and over it looks to me that the 8 maybe drove in a little deep going into the corner than he should have. Running that line the 8 would have hit the apex up around the third red section on the wall of the turn 1.

3. Is a front tire matched up with a rear bumper cover "getting position"??

[Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03]

There are easier ways but I used Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Imageready to make the animation. I used photos sent to me from HORSEPOWER. He took sequence photos from the video in his camcorder. I just put them together.

I hate to say it but from that angle the spotter could/should have been telling Greg that he wasnt clear in fact I'll go even one step further and say that if he had left it alone Brandon might not have been able to complete the pass anyhow considering the line. Also from my view in the middle of turn 2 I never saw Brandon's wheel get any further than the middle of his rear tire before they spun. Either way it was too early to be playin that game now they can take it to Houston and settle it one on one for the championship.

just a guess but from watching from the back straight infield wall i think the bump at the gate is at fault. just kidding only two pople will ever know what really happened. just like everyone else i was looking for a good race between the two' didnt happen oh well.

congratulations eddy on won heck of a good run, the way you looked you probably could have got by them anyway and they wrecked for 2nd place.

dc

yellowflag,

not trying to beat a dead horse, but look at the 2nd point Legend made about the line the 8 car was driving, also in my first post in this thread, about going in too deep and controlling your speed, having position and holding the line cleanly through the pass and turn dont always go hand in hand. look objectively at these 2 post and then at the video and i think you may see both contributed.

Maybe I'm confused . . . or just blind . . . but, when I watch the video slowly frame-by-frame, #8 doesn't ever touch #96 and he looks about as low as possible going into the turn. I think it's even been verified on this thread that no paint or tire marks were found on the left side of the #96 car. Then I see #96 turning sharply to the left, and not from being bumped. I know y'all will say I'm biased, but that's what I saw on Saturday, and that's what I see again on the video. Am I the only one who sees it that way in the video?

Just wanted to know how was Brandon to low on the track when the 50 car of Joe A right behind them going in on the same line as Brandon. If you look real close you will see that Brandon is the first car spinning because Greg D looks like he cut down on him.

[Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03] All of the crying everyone is doing on Brandon's part is going to do nothing but turn people against Brandon. If you want to really support him, forget about this racing incident [Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03] and go on to the next race. If you think I am wrong, just look what happened to Casey Smith on this site. Someone else was doing the talking for him and it made people mad at HIM! If you can tell exactly who moved on who in that clip then you must work for the FBI. [Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03]

Bandit,

I don't think any of us are "crying!" We are just expessing our opinions just like you did a couple of times in earlier posts. I thought that's what this forum is all about.

You're right about one thing, though . . . Brandon does get over it and move on, probably better than the rest of us! When I spoke with him about the incident after the races, he just shrugged his shoulders and didn't make any derogatory remarks.

I just hope everyone races clean in Houston. I would hate to see the championship decided by another highly debated incident like this one.

[Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03] The race is over lets go to houston. [Comments edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03] Yeah it happened to the top 2 in the points but hey THAT'S RACING get over it and move on to the next race just like drivers probably already have. [Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03] Thats my .02

Archived