Romco @ Oktoberfast

HoosierDaddy

How far do you have to be up along side somebody before the position is yours? I beleive once your past their door the position should be yours. Brandon was up to Greg's door, and I think Greg should've gave Brandon room without trying to run him in the grass. Brandon's driven everybody clean all year, including Greg on many occasions, and they still wont give Brandon room when he clearly had the spot.

Hopefully nobody considers this bashing, because it wasnt intended to be.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm This opens up a interesting finale at HMP. 4 Drivers have a really good shot at winning the championship. Chuck you should do a live show sat night from HMP. :)

Jason,

It sounds like, if there was EVER a reason to do a live remote broadcast, this would be it! :D

LOL

I think this was the worse Romco showing for an Octoberfast race. Bandit clearly had the dominant car at the end. It would have been nice to see the all the front runner's finish, now that would have been a great show. First Kelly, then Brandon and Greg, and finally Joe. I have the accident between Brandon and Greg taped, Brandon clearly had the inside position, at least his whole fender. It looks as if Greg cut him off, not sure if he thought he was clear, maybe his spotter didn't communicate with him or something. They actually made contact right before the pit exit and weren't even entering the turn yet. Bandit was about 2.5 seconds back, by the way he sure showed a lot of class by giving away his trophy and thanks to all who pitched in.

The thing you need to remember is patience at SAS. It is very easy to burn the right rear tire off. The 57 and the 96 are known for riding at the begining of the race to save the tires and I have learned from them to do the same thing. The only laps I ran wide open were when I was trying to pull away from the 99 car. You also need a nose on your car to finish. Why take a chance in the first 50 laps?

"You have to earn the position, no one is gona move over and let you by."

I would like to say sorry to John Heil, I didn't not see him point me by, and I hit him commming off of turn 4. That showed alot of class John, alot of guys would not have done that.

Thanks

Brandon wasn't taking a chance by passing Greg in the first 50 laps his car was clearly faster. And i'm not saying that Greg should of moved over and let Brandon pass him, brandon was doing it on his own [Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03]

Thanks for clearing it up HORSEPOWER.

Keith,

I had just a little part of it, Lucian and myself worked on the front half of the car, and SS44 and Eddy went through the back, and we ended up with a great set-up and tune-up under it. The Bandit drove a heckuva race, stayed away from the trouble, and put the car in both victory lane and the trailer in one piece.

I usually stay away from posting on threads about judgement calls. but here is my .02 worth. If you have position and can make the pass without touching the other car I would say the pass is yours. This normally happens however comming out of a turn when done cleanly. On the other hand, if you get position on the other car by driving into the corner too deep knowing full well your going to move up out of the grove because of your speed, one should probably expect to get pinched off. Theres only two people who really know what and how it all happened, and reading through this thread it can be seen that sides have clearly been taken, but before standing too firm on your POSITION, you may want to step back and take a look from an unbias point of view. Then you may see faults by both parties? Or come to the conclusion --- ITS RACING!! Fix your stuff and go to the next race.

I'm not taking sides, I just call it how I see it. I cheer for both drivers and hope they put on a great show. The one who puts himself in the right position to win, deserves to win. As a matter of fact I cheer for all the drivers and hope the best for all of them. Coming out of turn four Brandon got under Greg and had the inside position with his whole fender, that's almost half the car, as they crossed the start\finish line. They made contact before they entered the turn, so Brandon did not get to drive his car deep into the turn to get position. It's just a racing thing, but I know with Greg's experience he'll usually just race into the corner, he just seemed to cut too early? I was trying to attach part of the accident, so we can view it and have a little bit of fun with it, but I'm having trouble putting it on here, I have some old equipment. The Houston show should be a good one, just hope it doesn't come down to a similar situation like this one.

Oh yea and for my .02 cents I have the door, wheel and Quarter panel off the 96 in my shop...

FYI - no marks on the door, no marks on the wheel, lots of rubber and blue paint on the very back of the quarter and rear bumper cover. [Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 10/22/03]

Archived