Octoberfast

Toy box racing

Ok, I guess this goes out to Mary Ann. Since the closing of SA Speedway, how about adding the tradition of Octoberfast to the fall racing line up. I think the Spectacular & Octoberfast would be a great way to end the year! Just my 2 cents. What do you all think?

you can call the last race at thr Octoberfast its oct 27

QUOTE(Toy box racing @ Sep 21 2007, 11:20 PM) *

Ok, I guess this goes out to Mary Ann. Since the closing of SA Speedway, how about adding the tradition of Octoberfast to the fall racing line up. I think the Spectacular & Octoberfast would be a great way to end the year! Just my 2 cents. What do you all think?

you can call the last race at thr Octoberfast its oct 27

..........or since it is the last race. Do like TD did a couple of years ago at SAS and call it The Brawl......(my car looked like it had been in a brawl after that night ;) )

The Spectacular has always been the big THR event.

Oktoberfast was always the big SAS event.

The two were very similar but were held at different tracks. I don't really see the point in having two "Spectacular" events just so that one can be called Oktoberfast.

Oktoberfast died with SAS unfortunately.

After THRrace season is over Mary Ann & staff are still busy. They have to start planning the Awards Banquet for THR & TSRS. The rules will be worked on along with next season's schedule. Even when racing is not going on there is track upkeep. It would be nice to squeeze some kind of enduro/derby/night of destruction in. I would put something together for an enduro. Of course almost all cars above Grand Stocks (maybe some Grands) are down for rejuvination during the off season. Maybe if enough people spoke up it could happen :D

why not a huge super stock race like the one they run before the snowball.....with the natl' exposer THR gets from the west races and the ASA sanctions i'd be willing to bet with a fair purse you could draw in alot of east coast cars. they always want us to come to them,,let's see if we can bring them to us.

Tommy,

If only i had the $$ to toss out there not to mention the time... Agree it would be a good use of the track over the offseason...

I don't think i can risk my personal money to do the enduro the right way....

It would take at Min $10K to pay the purse, rent the track, and pay staff...

Archived