TDR/I-37

flyingaces

refering someone to someone else's candy coated link to a 'support the system' method thread is wrong nick,,,,,,,the trouble was coming with or without casey14's post. it was just a precursor, so don't say everyone should trust you if you leave it to chance and circumstance. JMO just think if you preach about having driver support you should not tell them to go read a novel on how to obey.

Come on Shawn. Who's preaching about driver support? And who's asking anyone to trust me? And just who am I asking people to obey???? If asking people to be civil to each other bothers you, that's really your problem, not mine. And if you have a problem with the way the site is run, please feel free to contact me in private as you have done in the past.

I happen to agree with that "candy coated link" but if you don't that's fine. But I have a right, just as you do, to express an opinion on here just like anyone else.

Nick

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the advice about airing dirty laundry in private. Lot of speculation going on here and while some of it is bound to be true, most are not being made by the principals involved. And it at this time, may not be any of our business. In the long run it will be, but to me there is just as much chance that this will work out to everyone's good as it will be bad for everyone. I don't think our opinions are going to sway either party's decisions, so we may as well sit back and watch it unfold.

refering someone to someone else's candy coated link to a 'support the system' method thread is wrong nick,,,,,,,the trouble was coming with or without casey14's post. it was just a precursor, so don't say everyone should trust you if you leave it to chance and circumstance. JMO just think if you preach about having driver support you should not tell them to go read a novel on how to obey.

Come on Shawn. Who's preaching about driver support? And who's asking anyone to trust me? And just who am I asking people to obey???? If asking people to be civil to each other bothers you, that's really your problem, not mine. And if you have a problem with the way the site is run, please feel free to contact me in private as you have done in the past.

I happen to agree with that "candy coated link" but if you don't that's fine. But I have a right, just as you do, to express an opinion on here just like anyone else.

Nick

Nick, what if someone doesnt like your opinion or any of your statements, will she then delete/remove it? :D

Nick, what if someone doesnt like your opinion or any of your statements, will she then delete/remove it?

Maz - Whoever is the moderator at any website must make decisions about what stays and what goes. It's not an easy job, but I try to do my best. If you, or anyone else, does not approve of the way I moderate the site, I invite your to discuss the matter with me in private.

Thanks.

Many many many people disagree with Nick...that doesn't mean he or anybody else deletes a post!!

And I thought we were friends, Brad.. LOL

Im going to go out on a limb here and speak for what I think is most people. Blast me if you disagree.

No one really cares about whether its I-37 or TDR. No one cares whether Shelma bought the track, had a contract, got duped, didn't get duped, whether she played her cards right or wrong, or whether this Nell lady did. All they ever wanted was someone representing both sides to tell them that racing would be continuing and who would be in charge of it. I did not see the original Cassie14 post so I'm not speaking to it, but from what I can gather there have been several statements made on all sides that shouldn't have been. I have made a few statements that were construed by some as negative. You would be wrong to take them that way. I was making objective statements that were not slanted towards either side. I still say that there may be people who know the parties involved and have some sort of loyalty to them and thus take sides, and I can understand that, but I don't know them and have no loyalties. All I know is that there are 2,850 users of this forum. I haven't seen that many race cars around so I think that the vast majority of them are people like me- fans, sponsors, interested parties, but not racers. WE DO NOT CARE. WE JUST WANT TO GO TO THE RACES. We can't do that without tracks. We won't do it when people are out there arguing about who owns a race track. We don't even know if it will be open after we drive down there. Most every criticism I have read in these threads about BOTH sides are not too far off. The biggest issue I would say is that the principals involved went out there and put there laundry out in public, got a bullseye painted on them for it, and then complaints start pouring in when they start taking the darts. To the present property owners- Keep your business in your house. To Shelma and etc. grow some thicker skin. You seem to be concerned about what everyone thinks too much. When these racers and fans are paying for the track, then they are entitled to see the contract.

Being secretive and being dishonest are 2 different things. Don't allow yourselves to be accused of the latter because of what you choose to handle with the former.

We didn't want or need details, all we needed was a statement from both sides saying who was running the track and when the races start.

ON EDIT- Do we know who is running the track and when the races begin or do we not?

Maz - Whoever is the moderator at any website must make decisions about what stays and what goes. It's not an easy job, but I try to do my best. If you, or anyone else, does not approve of the way I moderate the site, I invite your to discuss the matter with me in private.

Thanks.

Nick, as you are aware, my comments are/were not and haven't been directed towards yourself. By the way, as you know, I have discussed this matter with you in private, but without a resolution.

Nick, as you are aware, my comments are/were not and haven't been directed towards yourself. By the way, as you know, I have discussed this matter with you in private, but without a resolution.

Where are you going with it?

Well then, I guess it kinda narrows it down to Deb Williams since your refer to "she" and since there's only a couple of us who have full moderator capability on here and only one "she."

But, once again, if you have a problem with the way either Deb Williams or I moderate the site, please take it up with either Deb or me, as the case may be.

Thanks.

Nick

Well then, I guess it kinda narrows it down to Deb Williams since your refer to "she" and since there's only a couple of us who have full moderator capability on here and only one "she."

But, once again, if you have a problem with the way either Deb Williams or I moderate the site, please take it up with either Deb or me, as the case may be.

Thanks.

Nick

Guess that would be hard to do or accomplish with Deb ignoring and refusing to answer my PM's. ;)

Well i guess back to topic? I couldnt agree more with what rookie said...i think all this bickering would stop if one or both parties could just come out and tell everyone the facts. And let everyone just sit on that and accept it. All this bickering isnt doing anything but hurt racing in south texas.

WTF?! :o I go out of town to work for three days and all hell breaks loose.

I had some notice of this coming though........and I didn't like what I heard then........and don't like what I'm seeing now. <_< Me thinks there's a polecat in the toolshed.

WELL REB MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED . EVERYTHING WOULD BE AS IT WAS ..

WTF?! :o I go out of town to work for three days and all hell breaks loose.

I had some notice of this coming though........and I didn't like what I heard then........and don't like what I'm seeing now. <_< Me thinks there's a polecat in the toolshed.

Hey Reb, thats not a polecat you smell, you just need to take your Saturday Bath early this week! :rolleyes:

MARC 200 I WONDER IF HE WAS IN CC THIS WEEK ..I NOTICE A SMELL SORT A LIKE POLECAT .. NAH COULDNT BE ..DIRTY SOCKS ......REB I TOO HAVE THAT SICKNESS .. DR PEPPER .. FOOD .RACEN .. SORRY THERE IS NO CURE ..NORE DO I WANT ONE ..

nick- all i'm saying is maz wants answers along with alot of other people as to whether or not they have a place to race this friday,,,,,,,,,,in 2 and half hours it's thursday......and still no answer?

don't ask for support , proclaim your loyalty to the drivers and fans and then leave them wondering whether or not they can count on you.....

there are threads on this site preaching about not using this site in a negative way and showing support to your local tracks (my personal opinion it's a bunch of holding hands and slapping a%#es - but i don't want to brow beat egos).......YOU WANT SUPPORT - ANSWER SOME DAMN QUESTIONS! if not, don't write off critisism as some people "just being negative".........i'm sure owen will welcome them with open arms.

Nell says I 37 will be ready for racing starting at 8:00 pm. Friday. She will see you there.

Crazy,

Roxie posted this earlier this afternoon...I'm sure people have questions such as, which classes are running... who's running the show ect., they haven't seemed to be asking. (atleast not on here)

Running out of time.

Archived