TDR/I-37

flyingaces

My comments on this post are personal and have nothing to do with my association with J&S.

My youngest daughter is in a similar real estate situation. She is attempting to buy a house in Pflugerville, TX. She and the current owner have signed a contract, both in good faith. She has already been pre-approved for the loan amount. In addition, she has put down some earnest money, told everyone she has bought a house, shared pictures with the family about the house, began making plans for some updates (scheduled a "painting party"), buying some appliances, scheduled an inspection, etc. The closing date is set for July 23.

When she made her offer on the house, it was unoccupied and the power and water were not turned on. To make a long story short, the inspection didn't go well yesterday - major problems with the AC/heating sytem, termites, plumbing, etc., - things we couldn't identify with just a visual inspection. If the owner doesn't adjust the selling cost, my daughter will probably end up backing out of the deal. Fortunately, she put up $100 for a ten-day cancellation period based on the pending inspection results, etc. If she backs out, she will lose the $100 and the $400 she paid for the inspection. Worse yet, she'll have to start all over on her house searching efforts after she had already given notice at her current apartment.

I don't feel the situation with TDR is any different. Yes, the pending purchase was made more public, but otherwise it's not that different from my daughter's situation. The contract was negotiated in good faith, and everything was moving forward toward the transfer of ownership.

My daughter is very disappointed about her situation, but fortunately she's not being subject to criticism on a public forum. She really wanted the house and had defintely planned to own it! Maybe the purchase can still go through if she and the owner can work out a deal on the repairs.

This whole situation on TSZ is really making me wonder why anyone would even consider getting into the racing business in Texas.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Racing is no longer fun for me. The "Good Ol'Days" are gone and so am I. I think Ill go watch Basketball instead. Bye.....

But, PAPA, I know you hate basketball, especially the Spurs!! You must really be upset.

My comments on this post are personal and have nothing to do with my association with J&S.

My youngest daughter is in a similar real estate situation. She is attempting to buy a house in Pflugerville, TX. She and the current owner have signed a contract, both in good faith. She has already been pre-approved for the loan amount. In addition, she has put down some earnest money, told everyone she has bought a house, shared pictures with the family about the house, began making plans for some updates (scheduled a "painting party"), buying some appliances, scheduled an inspection, etc. The closing date is set for July 23.

When she made her offer on the house, it was unoccupied and the power and water were not turned on. To make a long story short, the inspection didn't go well yesterday - major problems with the AC/heating sytem, termites, plumbing, etc., - things we couldn't identify with just a visual inspection. If the owner doesn't adjust the selling cost, my daughter will probably end up backing out of the deal. Fortunately, she put up $100 for a ten-day cancellation period based on the pending inspection results, etc. If she backs out, she will lose the $100 and the $400 she paid for the inspection. Worse yet, she'll have to start all over on her house searching efforts after she had already given notice at her current apartment.

I don't feel the situation with TDR is any different. Yes, the pending purchase was made more public, but otherwise it's not that different from my daughter's situation. The contract was negotiated in good faith, and everything was moving forward toward the transfer of ownership.

My daughter is very disappointed about her situation, but fortunately she's not being subject to criticism on a public forum. She really wanted the house and had defintely planned to own it! Maybe the purchase can still go through if she and the owner can work out a deal on the repairs.

This whole situation on TSZ is really making me wonder why anyone would even consider getting into the racing business in Texas.

That sucks but hey it happens. I have a house that I'm getting rid of right now I've thought I had sold 3 times but every time something happens with the buyer. They either don't like something with an inspection or financing doesn't go through. Pre-approval is not really approval. lol We will see what happens but it should close on the 25th. If not we have several backup offers.

I really do wish J & S luck. I've had fun at I-37 in the past and hope to in the future as well. I want to see new blood come in and pick things up a bit. However as outsiders they need to come in and earn everyone's trust. How many times in recent memory have promises been made only to either see a project not even break ground or a track close. The only way this trust will be earned is to come in and deliver on promises made. Right now everyone needs stability. Hope things work out.

My last post on this subject as I just realized why I quit posting often on this thing.

Well, I have not talked to anyone about this, but I will say this. Everyone has been knocking J and S since they came into the picture.

Arthur

If you look back through the threads from Texas Dirt I think you will see there wasn't much knocking done against Shelma, J&S or anyone that was involved in that ordeal. As a matter of fact you will see alot of people thanking them and excited about the future. I think everyone is in agreement that they just want a track to race at where they know who is in control so if there is a problem they know who to take it to and that there will be rules in place and someone to enforce them. No one is trying to make J&S or Shelma look bad they would just like to know who is in control. I don't really think anyone really cares about the buying/selling details but just want to know whos making the rules. From what I understand there was a lease/buy agreement in place and thats how they started doing the work on the track.

Lets just all work together so we can get the track running and have somewhere we all want to go. At this rate no one is going to want to race or be a fan with all the drama taking place.

Actually, i might disagree. Your comments/actions are personal and have everything to do with your employment with J&S. It seems now that Cassie's post had everything correct in that Shelma (J&S) may have jumped the gun alittle bit and didn't actually cross all of the dotted lines to transfer ownership of track and that indeed Nell still owned the track and was looking to prepare it for upcoming racing. While it seems now that her post was truthful, you decided upon yourself and more than likely it seems on behalf of J&S to remove her post entirely. Don't get me wrong, I respect what Shelma is trying to do within the racing community, but your not helping her by your actions either.

Before I go back on vacation, anyone up for a game of tennis?

Deb,

Your daugther should be able to write it off on her taxes for 2007. I'll have to check, but it is considered a lose or at least part of expense in a house.

maz1438,

Except to try to start an argument, was there a purpose or information on your post that I missed? You are surely not helping anybody's effort with posts like that one.

I know Shelma, Rick and Deb have worked hard to try to improve racing. Why would you want to make an attempt to make somebody look bad that cares that much about the sport? Her last sentence is a direct reflection of what posts like your cause.

maz1438,

Except to try to start an argument, was there a purpose or information on your post that I missed? You are surely not helping anybody's effort with posts like that one.

I know Shelma, Rick and Deb have worked hard to try to improve racing. Why would you want to make an attempt to make somebody look bad that cares that much about the sport? Her last sentence is a direct reflection of what posts like your cause.

Again, you might have missed my point that i respect what Shelma is doing for/in the racing community and i sincerely hope she can accomplish all that she has planned. I was merely pointing out that i didn't agree with Deb removing someone's post for either personal/business reasons. The post wasn't in any violation of any rules by TXSZ, but probably was only making Shelma and J&S look not too well in many people eyes. I can only hope that in the future, if there are discussions about J&S and some of the facts or comments aren't so nice, they aren't removed for personal/business reasons. JMO

This is the email and I have saved voice conversations by Roxie that we still had the deal, pay the closing and it need to have another realtor because she did the contract and she is the daughter of Nell. could become a conflict of interest...

Based on this comment alone, I understand and agree...

Thanks for trying gals/guys...

Mark

Chuck (maz1438),

I didn't realize you'd been appointed to police TSZ. I don't plan to answer your accusations, either by PM or on the forum. And that certainly doesn't mean anything - I'm just choosing to ignore you.

Kiss,

I'd appreciate your checking on the tax break deal for my daughter. And I don't do tennis, but I love fresh-water fishing!

speed demon 7, bambam282, sprintsrule and Kiss,

I'm glad someone gets it.

Jason,

I'm with you (surprise!) . . . I'm through posting my comments on this subject. I, too, just wanna go back to racing, especially since I got bitten by the bug again after watching the races at HMP this past weekend.

I just sold my house and land. The guy who bought it first put a contract on it and then had to do the closing within 30 days. It takes time for the title company, banks, underwriters, etc, etc to get everything together. Putting a contract on something doesnt mean you bought it, its stating if everything goes as planned your intent is to buy it. Also in my contract if another person offerred cash right then to buy it, the person with the contract had 3 day to close or the contract would be terminated.....

SIGNING THE CONTRACT IS AN INTENT TO BUY, BUT IT IS NOT THE ACTUAL PURCHASE. THE PURCHASE IS DONE AT THE TITLE COMPANY WHERE YOU DO THE CLOSING.....

Now if either party backs out you could file suit but that depends on the type of person you are...

Jason,

I'm with you (surprise!) . . . I'm through posting my comments on this subject. I, too, just wanna go back to racing, especially since I got bitten by the bug again after watching the races at HMP this past weekend.

dam there's that bug again..sorry deb there is no cure ..

Chuck (maz1438),

I didn't realize you'd been appointed to police TSZ. I don't plan to answer your accusations, either by PM or on the forum. And that certainly doesn't mean anything - I'm just choosing to ignore you.

Your correct, nobody appointed myself to police TSZ, but i believe you have been appointed that position. I am not making any accusations, just merely stating facts. It seems to myself, you don't/won't answer due to the fact i am correct in what i am saying.

Deb,

Sure will...

Oh, I will be going again; as a matter of fact this will probably be my last sign on till next week. The tennis part I was kidding only because these things keep going back and forth. BTW, I play tennis like baseball. I can't keep it in the court... :lol::D:o:P

Hope this works itself out... We had a good plug in the article for Eric, with some possibilities to cover future stories...

Everyone have a great week!

Mark

Chuck (maz1438),

Your correct, nobody appointed myself to police TSZ, but i believe you have been appointed that position. I am not making any accusations, just merely stating facts. It seems to myself, you don't/won't answer due to the fact i am correct in what i am saying.

Maz1438,Your never popular when you stand up and say that the emporer is not wearing any clothes!!!! :(

i wouldn't harp on maz........it sounds like problems were coming (for this weekend atleast) before the post and attention was brought to it. it just kept you from being totally shocked when you showed up to race friday.

i think alot of people with racecars just want honest answers to let them know what future plans they should make.

it is nobodies business but shelma and nells in purchase of property and time restraints,,,,,,,but it is there business to know whether or not they have a place to participate when you say they are suppose to.

refering someone to someone else's candy coated link to a 'support the system' method thread is wrong nick,,,,,,,the trouble was coming with or without casey14's post. it was just a precursor, so don't say everyone should trust you if you leave it to chance and circumstance. JMO just think if you preach about having driver support you should not tell them to go read a novel on how to obey.

Archived