HMP - Bad Accident

uhcougs

from the flagman.

Hannah Baker was just involved in a very serious accident in Turn 3 at HMP. Emergency Crews are still on the scene from what he told me. Shes conscious and knowledgeable of her surroundings. Be praying for the Baker family.

this is all i have , and my information is sketchy at best.

Edited by uhcougs

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the flagman.

Hannah Baker was just involved in a very serious accident in Turn 3 at HMP. Emergency Crews are still on the scene from what he told me. Shes conscious and knowledgeable of her surroundings. Be praying for the Baker family.

this is all i have , and my information is sketchy at best.

We were at the race, race called finished with 16 laps to go because the Hannah wreck,we left at 11;10 P.M.,she was still in the car with lots of emergency crews there.

Edited by txenergyman

black flag finish with 16 laps to go

yep.

hope she's alright , what was she racing?

not sure of the dictionary.com version, but the definition of "class" is probably taking a thread about a possible injured race car driver and turning it into a pissin' match. Nice job winners.

Hope she's okay.

I think she was hurt but not as bad as everything looked, but they did have to bring in a fire truck and get the jaws of life to cut her out from what i saw

Hey Whatever,a Pro Modified is a drag car that runs a 1/4 mile in hi 5 to lo 6 sec at over 220 mph,I've been watching em and working with em for years.

Edited by Tommy33

From my pics, looks like she got t-boned square on the driver side.

Yes, she was. Intentiontally.

By a driver she had an earlier racing incident with. He got into another car (his team car) and ran into her in the corner. She was coherent, but they cut the top of the cage out to get her out.

When the smoke cleared, she was sore but going to be ok, said other driver was in the back of a cop car.

I am sure the particulars of the story will come out in the next few days.

Rescue personnel were called, specifically the fire department, and ambulance service.

And yes, that stuff was already there, they just got the bigger stuff.

I do not know who made the call to arrest said driver, but he was stopped on the way out of the pit area as he was trying to leave.

No word on what charges or anything like that. If any can be made.

I did not witness the accident. We were busy loading the remains of the car. But after talking to several witnesses, said driver should not be allowed to race anywhere. I am not a fan of telling a driver to take his car and go somewhere else, but in this case, and after seeing the damage to the car, it is warranted.

Rescue personnel were called, specifically the fire department, and ambulance service.

I do not know who made the call to arrest said driver, but he was stopped on the way out of the pit area as he was trying to leave.

I did not witness the accident. We were busy loading the remains of the car. But after talking to several witnesses, said driver should not be allowed to race anywhere. I am not a fan of telling a driver to take his car and go somewhere else, but in this case, and after seeing the damage to the car, it is warranted.

I totally agree here, who ever this guy is shouldnt be allowed to race anywhere PERIOD!!!!! No excuse for trying to injure someone intentionally, hell he could of done alot worse if she wasnt in a soundly built car.....

They were trying to change drivers on the front stretch during the 1st red flag & I thought they black flagged as a result. They later switched in the pits once they went yellow again. Here pics of the 1st & 2nd incidents.

post-772-1179679690_thumb.jpg

post-772-1179679726_thumb.jpg

post-772-1179679745_thumb.jpg

I totally agree here, who ever this guy is shouldnt be allowed to race anywhere PERIOD!!!!! No excuse for trying to injure someone intentionally, hell he could of done alot worse if she wasnt in a soundly built car.....

I wasn't there last night and I'm not defending the driver, but I've seen accidents at HMP that should never have happened. A half a lap after a car spins a driver come racing past the yellow flag and crashes into a car that's been passed by the field without a scratch, BOOM. 2 wrecked race cars!

If it was done intensionally, that's one thing, but if you pass judgement on stupidity than 99% of racers better go find a new hobby. Brain fade and racing seem to go hand in hand, I've seen the nicest people go from Dr. jeckle :) to Mr. Hyde :angry: just by putting a helmet on their head.

It's unfortunate about the accident and I hope she is alright. :(

I wasn't there last night and I'm not defending the driver, but I've seen accidents at HMP that should never have happened. A half a lap after a car spins a driver come racing past the yellow flag and crashes into a car that's been passed by the field without a scratch, BOOM. 2 wrecked race cars!

Yup.

The following is from another post I made about last night; the victim car is the one I crew.

How about stopping on the track to avoid two other cars who got together in front of you, bringing out the caution? Then, while you are waiting for those two to get separated, so you can go on, the race LEADER, under caution, comes around and nails you square in the ass? The caution had been out for over a half lap when that one happened. I am sure it didn't hurt our car bad, except for the motor is a half inch back, the rear frame rails are bent up, not to mention the body and wallet.

By the way, in the bottom picture posted by switchfoot, the blue car at the bottom of the track is the #65 of Bubba Menard, who was a late model racer at SAS for several years in the early 80's. This was his first race in 22 years. He has bought the Modified Billy Becka used to run. Car got a little hurt in this melee, but nothing they can't fix. Bubba is the dad of Chad who is running Sportsman/Super Stock.

Was good to see Bubba back in a car after all these years.

Edited by txtom